Nothing - Tired of Tomorrow

1 hour ago, NapalmBrain said:

They finally stopped playing with my emotions and gave me shipping confirmation. All my anxiety about a cancellation can be laid to rest finally.

Pretty sure everyone whose order was getting canceled was notified at the same time that the one guy was going on his rampage about how life isn't fair and all that.

17 minutes ago, drds89 said:

Somebody wrote ToT is a 'gamechanger' - I'd like to hear more on that?? (Rather than shipping notif and flipper stuff)  I'm pretty pumped on it but don't hear any gamechanging material first pass...

I wouldn't say it's trying to set the bar for anything but rather trying to remind the world that a 90s alt rock worship album can still be amazing in 2016

39 minutes ago, drds89 said:

Road trip, my 16 y/o driving... I caved and listened to the stream 

1. It sounds like Nothing! Yay!

2. Yip fears allayed

3. I like that they brought riffs from DYTC and GoE into some tracks for some continuity

4. Dead Are Dumb melted me, but that Hum tribute track was the one I remember most. The Nirvana was aight, too

5. Don't remember one track being a yawner or gritted teeth; a real sigh of relief for how much coin risk went on this one without hearing it first - also Matt's heroic daredevil skills snagging a VF!! Thanks brother :)

Cant wait to listen again. 

Somebody wrote ToT is a 'gamechanger' - I'd like to hear more on that?? (Rather than shipping notif and flipper stuff)  I'm pretty pumped on it but don't hear any gamechanging material first pass...

1. OH YUP!

2. He done good.

3. (Chord) Progression.

4. Aight? You meant head banging.

5. You know I got you, brother!

It seriously got better and better with every listen for me. It evolved after about a week of listening. It's a grower, while still being a shower. But wait until you have it for a while, and it really starts to blossom. You get a little bit more with every listen. I'm stoked for it to open up for you. I wouldn't say it's 'gamechanging' (cause that's an incredibly bold statement), but it's AOTY material for me for sure. We'll see where it lands at the end of the year, but I have 0 complaints. It definitely pays tribute / homage to the greats though, without sacrificing their own sound.

tiredoftomorroworange4hs0f.jpg

just picked up my orange krush /150. It does NOT come in a gatefold cover, but a glossy single pocket sleeve. It also doesn't have the poster, but a cool insert.

Do the non-deluxe variants of the US press come in the gatefold cover? I have a standard black on the way as well and would like to see that in a nice gatefold. Little bummed the orange krush is only a single sleeve. The color is basically a translucent orange. It's fine though and the record sounds really good upon first listen. 

Tired of two days of this message on my tracking...

"The U.S. Postal Service was electronically notified by the shipper on May 6, 2016 to expect your package for mailing. This does not indicate receipt by the USPS or the actual mailing date. Delivery status information will be provided if/when available."

2 minutes ago, mrewest said:

Tired of two days of this message on my tracking...

"The U.S. Postal Service was electronically notified by the shipper on May 6, 2016 to expect your package for mailing. This does not indicate receipt by the USPS or the actual mailing date. Delivery status information will be provided if/when available."

Shitty, esp. since it's coming from so close. Mine is out for delivery, so maybe yours will be there today too and tracking will suddenly update.

1 hour ago, NapalmBrain said:

I honestly wasn't expecting a gatefold at that price point for the standard editions

I'm not complaining either. It's a decent packaging job and I like the glossy finish. 23€ isn't so super cheap and I've seen cooler/more elaborate packaging for less, but it's alright for a rare variant. At the end of the day it's an awesome record, I think "Our Plague" is my fav off of it so far.

29 minutes ago, shamrocks said:

has any US person who ordered from Rough Trade and/or Green Hell received or heard anything about their copies?

Rough Trade's release date is 13/5/16 which is next Friday. Those in the UK will very likely have their copies on Thursday or Friday. RT do not send dispatched messages.

Someone higher up the page has picked their copy up from GH, so those are likely to be on their way soon.

18 hours ago, Mars said:

@drds89More importantly, what'd the 16 y/o think?

Kept having to remind to focus on driving so I think he liked it. ;) He seems to favor instrumental synth music, but almost always asks who the artist is whenever I'm playing dreamgaze stuff. 

Listened again today... very happy

1 hour ago, mrewest said:

I just love living a half hour from Cleveland and having the USPS take my package from Cleveland to PA to me.  So stupid.

Yeah, it'ss annoying that it has to go through the main distro center.

Record looks awesome, despite the picture disc being kinda shitty (warped, flimsy, hard to see the grooves). My TT decided to take a shit at 33 (plays too slow) so can't play the album until I fix it later. The bonus tracks sound awesome, but don't fit the album feel much, so I can see why they left them off.

I uploaded the album in 320, including the bonus tracks. You know where to find it (since I'm not allowed to link it).

The 320kbps is 140mb. I can upload the FLAC later tonight.

The bonus tracks are good. Can see why they are b-sides since they don't fit with the rest, but they're still great.