Nothing - Tired of Tomorrow

1 hour ago, jpatrickbell said:

http://image.jpg gif uploader

My copy. Lot of paint. Literally big chunks of excess came off when I took it out.

Holy shit, that looks like a super vibrant Oceanic cover.  Very nice.

39 minutes ago, downisthenewup87 said:

Are there any images of the olive green around?  Trying to decide between it and the electric blue... 

Electric blue.  Forever and always; no photo comparison needed.

31 minutes ago, downisthenewup87 said:

That cover is gorgeous.

So I presume you'd do the electric blue over the VMP red as well?

I personally would, yeah, but I have a thing for translucent electric blue.  I think it's a better match with the cover than red, personally, but to each their own.  Both look good and probably sound great.

6 minutes ago, Derek™ said:

I personally would, yeah, but I have a thing for translucent electric blue.  I think it's a better match with the cover than red, personally, but to each their own.  Both look good and probably sound great.

in defense of the red, it does come with a gold foil stamp and is numbered 

Edited by double d

5 hours ago, downisthenewup87 said:

Are there any images of the olive green around?  Trying to decide between it and the electric blue... 

i looked in the band's tagged photos on instagram. i was making this choice also and just got the last electic blue on relapse but there's a few of the olive green on ebay for $27 shipped

So I saw them last night...

There were two events, the Rough Trade acoustic thing. I was late, and so only caught the last few songs. It was OK, very low-key, which was fine. They covered Oasis and played a few more. The main gig which was later in a different venue was brilliant. The venue was an old working man's club...I've been going to gigs for about 25 years, and it's the kind of place local bands used to play in when I was a teenager...which I really like...very close to the action.

They were superb, absolutely rocked it. The vocals weren't the best at some points...but the rest made up for it. Their drummer was especially on point. You see some bands live and they are OKish, but they fall short of the record, so you know a lot of production was involved. But Nothing were really very good and it was one of those times when you wonder how the music is coming from them, it's just a wall of intense, perfect loud music. They covered Creep and it struck me as a great fit for their sound, I liked it a lot. The set was heavy on GoE and the faster/louder ones from ToT, which makes sense really...and I was very happy with the selection they played.

The singer was pulled into the crowd at one point, as well as his microphone being knocked over earlier, and you could tell zero fucks were given. They won me over with their personality and performance. I think they've just become my favourite band. Managed to grab the bassist and told him I loved it.

I didn't realise there was a Tour Variant. Gutted I missed out on the VF edition as I was in France for two days, but there you go. Good job I requested a clear.  ;)

I had arranged to meet a fellow forum user, but we missed each other at RT and he grabbed me just after the gig as I was leaving. I had a very distinctive Sub Pop - LOSER tee on which is probably the only way he saw me. So it was great to meet him anyway.

Time to get variant hunting.  ;)

Edited by LeeKaye
repetition of words

3 hours ago, martyboyer said:

i looked in the band's tagged photos on instagram. i was making this choice also and just got the last electic blue on relapse but there's a few of the olive green on ebay for $27 shipped

I wound up grabbing the 2nd to last electric blue simply because I have a red turntable and so any variant of the same color feels redundant.

Alright, I couldn't take it anymore. My copy is not going to be here for some time, so I caved and listened. This album is pretty much exactly what I wanted them to do after the debut EP. Dozens of beautiful melodies, stellar sequencing, cool references, gnarly guitar crunch everywhere and some Slowdive-level shoegaze goodness. It's absolutely stunning.

Pretty stoked for anyone here who was around at the right moment to grab a Vertigo copy. One of the better and more creative limited edition variants in recent years. I'm not huge on the splatter records themselves, but the covers that leaked are simply gorgeous. I sure hope Halo didn't get one. Haha.

I also revisited GoE several times in the last couple weeks and it definitely grew a lot on me after initially disregarding it as a pretty good, but flawed and ultimately uninspired effort. After the first dozen or so listens of ToT, it's definitely a big step up for me, but GoE is a very strong debut album that I'm excited to dig into more fervently in the coming weeks.

There is one minor gripe, though. How is 'Heavenly Blue Flu' NOT on the album? It's one of my favorites on here, for sure, and I'm stunned that it did not make the cut. I mean, even if I was waiting on a deluxe and had the opportunity to possess a physical product that holds this song, it's just way too amazing to be hidden on a 2 song picture disc. Color me bemused. Besides, is anyone else getting a huge Caspian 'Gone In Bloom and Bough'-vibe from that chord progression in the verses? Every time I listen to it, I'm tensely waiting for it to go through the roof, but in this case, it never does. Anyways, a brilliant track. And a brilliant album.

Edited by Eliminator Jr.

My VF won't be here till this upcoming Thursday and seeing all of your guy's makes the anticipation even worse but its sick seeing all the different covers. I'm also just a  little bummed cause my Deluxe edition picture disc has a gnarly scratch through "The Heavenly Bird Flu"

8 minutes ago, vanishinghouse said:

My VF edition won't be here till this upcoming Thursday and seeing everybody's makes the anticipation even worse but its sick seeing all the different covers. I'm also just a  little bummed cause my Deluxe edition picture disc has a gnarly scratch through "The Heavenly Bird Flu"

I still haven't received a shipping notification. Bummer

On 5/12/2016 at 3:24 PM, deer said:

Huh. This album was actually quite different from what I thought it'd be, and from what people made it out to be.

Overall it's a lot quieter and slower than Guilty Of Everything was. There's a lot less overwhelming "wall-of-sound" moments, like the Hymn To The Pillory bits and the end of B&E off GoE... there are nice noisy moments but generally speaking everything is a bit more subdued. The closing track is probably the most tame Nothing song I've ever heard (it's still good, though, just different). Maybe they just really wanted to stray from their sound on GoE. I'm hoping it grows on me a little more. Definitely not AOTY material for me as of right now.

REGARDLESS it's still good. Still top 10 material for me, most likely. Looking forward to listening to it again and again in the coming days. I don't wanna sound like I don't like it, cause I sure do! Just not as much as GoE.

This is almost exactly how I feel too.  It took me three listens to start to get into it, but I don't find it to be AOTY material (or even in my top ten so far).  First couple listens I was a bit bored with most of it.  Going in a third time with a better idea of what to expect, I enjoyed it that go around.  I plan on spending a lot of time with it in the next few weeks and I think it'll continue to grow on me.