Nothing - Tired of Tomorrow

Alright... after dozens of obsessive listens, many spins on the turntable, and reading closely alongside the lyrics... this album is hitting me hard. I made the right choice buying two copies of this. It's absolutely incredible, dense, and is deeply upset and somber when following along. I love it. It works between the hard-hitting songs and slower, beautiful ones ending in an incredibly heart-wrenching closer. Watching the documentary all the way through helped the context of the album sink in so much more.

With what's already been released and what's promised to come, this is a true AOTY contender for me now, I take back what I said earlier. I'm gunna cherish my Vertigo Flowers edition so much. I may end up with a third copy if I find a deluxe somewhere for a reasonable price.

This band is really good.

Edited by deer

1 hour ago, deer said:

Alright... after dozens of obsessive listens, many spins on the turntable, and reading closely alongside the lyrics... this album is hitting me hard. I made the right choice buying two copies of this. It's absolutely incredible, dense, and is deeply upset and somber when following along. I love it. It works between the hard-hitting songs and slower, beautiful ones ending in an incredibly heart-wrenching closer. Watching the documentary all the way through helped the context of the album sink in so much more.

With what's already been released and what's promised to come, this is a true AOTY contender for me now, I take back what I said earlier. I'm gunna cherish my Vertigo Flowers edition so much. I may end up with a third copy if I find a deluxe somewhere for a reasonable price.

This band is really good.

I agree. I really enjoyed GoE, and spun ToT a few times before seeing them in London, but seeing them live sealed it for me. ToT is really clicking for me now too. I know I am repeating myself, but I think they are my favourite band.

Really tempted by the VF splatter, despite the gouging prices. My previous most spent on a record was £250 (400 USD?) so we might be approaching that.

3 minutes ago, DOMAN127 said:

I may be out of the loop on this, but how do you get clear if it's not sold on Relapse and you're not to request it?

It's a family/friends variant. Some leak out into the world that way. 10 are being auctioned off with VF covers. Basically you need to work at Relapse, be close to someone at Relapse, or pay a shit load of money.

Edited by Bladewillisisdead

1 minute ago, Bladewillisisdead said:

It's a family/friends variant. Some leak out I to the world that way. 10 are being auctioned off with VF covers. Basically you need to work at Relapse, be close to someone at Relapse, or pay a shit load of money.

It's times like these I wish I was friends with people in cool bands / people at labels.

Soooo...this album is not AOTY material for me. I hate to say it, but it's true.

I don't know if it just got hyped to death, or what. It's really great, I enjoy it, but I think the tracks could have been rearranged to be a more cohesive album. There isn't a single "bad" song on here, but as a whole it just isn't doing it for me like I'd hoped.

5 minutes ago, GreatGreenOne77 said:

A friend ordered a Bongzilla record on Discogs, and when it showed up sealed it was one of the Clear/100's but was not advertised as so

Haha they thought they were keeping the value up by not opening it. Suckers. Unless your friend bought it from the label's discogs store, then they either hooked him up or also goofed.

14 minutes ago, dantheriver said:

Haha they thought they were keeping the value up by not opening it. Suckers. Unless your friend bought it from the label's discogs store, then they either hooked him up or also goofed.

He was just trying to pick a copy on black to spin, said he was shocked as hell when he opened it and found the clear one inside

6 minutes ago, Bladewillisisdead said:

They probably want at least more than $125. I'm not saying $125 isn't a fair offer, just that there's a large area between $125 and $250. An offer over $200 probably wouldn't be declined as fast.

I get what you mean. It feels like a lot of eBay sellers that take offers on a $250 item won't accept anything lower than $249.99. It's really annoying.