Stores you will not spend money at.

jhook

Personal gripes get in the way when the money you spend at the store is funding the oppression of a whole class of people.

Unfortunately nearly every organization falls into this category in some way, from restaurants to retail chains to computer companies, whether it be employing kids overseas in sweatshops, funding questionable programs, politics, etc. You'd be hard pressed to find one that's 100% decent across the board.

Buy what you from from where you want, and if someone thinks otherwise, well, that's the beauty of a democracy.

maybe i missed something. why do people hate papa john's so much?

Their CEO is the epitome of "greedy piece of shit 1%er" He owns a giant mansion with a fleet of luxary cars, but believes his employees shouldn't have healthcare and cut everyone's hours to avoid being required to provide healthcare. He's anti-gay and just a fucking shithead.

maybe i missed something. why do people hate papa john's so much?

I don't know anything about their politics, I just know their pizza is terrible. Tried it a few times throughout the years and the crust sucks, the topping aren't fresh and the prices aren't good either. But, that's just my opinion. Also the owner looks really creepy in those commercials. He looks like a robotic mannequin. Maybe it's because he's wearing too much foundation, hard to say.

It seems that Bladewillisisdead and I are on the same page here.

I know it's impossible to be 100% free from any sort of corporation but I feel like I do a small part.

Even if MY personal contribution doesn't mean much, I believe it matters. Where your money goes, no matter how big/small the amount, matters. The more people who feel this way, the more good it will do.

Like, the CEO of Nestle believes that WATER isn't a human right. He's done a lot of shit because of that, but at a very base level just think about that. He believes that having clean drinking water isn't something that people have a right to have. If this piece of sentient garbage could find a way to charge people for air, he would

I've actually traced a lot of products back to their corporate owners and ceased buying them immediately. Fuck anything that puts money into Nestle's hands.

It's honestly a really important thing to do.

I remember seeing some pretty large infographic a few years back with the spiderweb of ownership traced back to Nestle, Kellogg, Post, Coca-Cola, and the like. I'm surprised people can avoid their reach, half the time, and damn impressed when they do.

I didn't start caring about stuff until my late 20's. I got involved in my union and did some volunteer work at a job training center. These mega corporations don't give a fuck about you. You might save a buck on some Oreos but eventually it's going to come around and you will understand how fucking horrible it is to support them.

I remember seeing some pretty large infographic a few years back with the spiderweb of ownership traced back to Nestle, Kellogg, Post, Coca-Cola, and the like. I'm surprised people can avoid their reach, half the time, and damn impressed when they do.

We found out our canned cat food was owned by nestle. We had just bought a stockpile so even though this was 6 months ago we still haven't figured out how to replace it. We're pretty sure we're going to transition the cats to a raw meat diet because all the canned cat food can be traced somewhere terrible.

Like, the CEO of Nestle believes that WATER isn't a human right. He's done a lot of shit because of that, but at a very base level just think about that. He believes that having clean drinking water isn't something that people have a right to have. If this piece of sentient garbage could find a way to charge people for air, he would

Fuck Nestle. That is bullshit.

We found out our canned cat food was owned by nestle. We had just bought a stockpile so even though this was 6 months ago we still haven't figured out how to replace it. We're pretty sure we're going to transition the cats to a raw meat diet because all the canned cat food can be traced somewhere terrible.

I fostered a couple of dogs last year, and kept them strictly on a raw diet, of good vegetables, meat, and eggs. I would definitely recommend it, versus the alternative.