Be LESS sad for me.

TVs are for pussies anyway. Go big or go home.

To be honest though, this year's CES finally had some new screens worth the upgrade, maybe grab a cheap LED for $300 or so to hold you over until the new HDR 4K screens become reasonably priced. Believe me, if the same thing happened to you a year from now, you'd be cheering with excitement to have a reason to buy a new TV.

Oh yes. Been on it this morning.

And yeah, the OLED is what I would go for, but they are stupidly expensive. Having a good paying job and trying to not drop every paycheck on toys is tough enough without the need of a new TV.

I might do a Slinch said and buy some cheaper LED for the time being. I'd love to find another plasma, so I've been on the hunt.

Trying! Problem is some douches know plasmas are discontinued and are trying to cash in.

Yeah, I was mostly being pretty facetious with that link and pointing out the dude selling a VT for $7k

If you can find an ST from 2013-2014 that would be your best bet... OLED is still too expensive (and will continue to be this year) even though it is a superior technology. And unfortunately for conventional LEDs this year they are getting worse and worse as more manufacturers are opting out of full array backlighting with local dimming for an assortment of all edge-lit panels that have terrible light bleed and light uniformity issues. Only most manufacturer's flagship LEDs from this year and last have decent black levels after a calibration.

TL;DR for the price, find a used panny in decent condition and call it a day

Also

I might do a Slinch said and buy some cheaper LED for the time being. I'd love to find another plasma, so I've been on the hunt.

Don't do that. You will be extremely disappointed with how poor black levels are (it's unreal compared to plasma) and that's not even taking into consideration the motion processing. You will probably return the tv.

One of our clients had a 65ZT60 he bought in 2014 still in our warehouse a couple of months ago. He was remodeling his house and took over a year to pick it up. Employees were fighting over who was going to buy it if or when he decided to cancel and not pick it up.

When he finally came in to pick it up in December I asked him if he knew he could get 3x what he paid for it, he had no idea.

He still wanted to keep it, unfortunately. That was the last plasma to exist in the Los Angeles market for BBY

One of our clients had a 65ZT60 he bought in 2014 still in our warehouse a couple of months ago. He was remodeling his house and took over a year to pick it up. Employees were fighting over who was going to buy it if or when he decided to cancel and not pick it up.

When he finally came in to pick it up in December I asked him if he knew he could get 3x what he paid for it, he had no idea.

He still wanted to keep it, unfortunately. That was the last plasma to exist in the Los Angeles market for BBY

Hey PM me your price on a Rotel RA-1570. I will make a friend in TX at BB if its worth it. I already have two friends though... so it needs to be a good deal.

Well I didn't comment on native refresh rates (though comparing the way plasmas do it to LCDs is really apples to oranges) but motion processing. There's no way you can really justify that.

And I'm not arguing there is, I just never specified. But motion is still processed on the hardware side and not just software, and still something to consider when going from a nice plasma to a cheap LCD and expecting to still enjoy it

In regards to software-based frame interpolation, which is probably what you thought I was referring to, it's still a real thing its just not necessarily a good thing... Akin to artificial sound processing in AVRs should always be disabled for the most accurate picture representation, but TV makers are still making it and advertising it as a strategy to simply have a higher number to make their TVs more attractive to potential buyers. There is a small percentage of people who like it, but those people are wrong.

And I'm not arguing there is, I just never specified. But motion is still processed on the hardware side and not just software, and still something to consider when going from a nice plasma to a cheap LCD and expecting to still enjoy it

In regards to software-based frame interpolation, which is probably what you thought I was referring to, it's still a real thing its just not necessarily a good thing... Akin to artificial sound processing in AVRs should always be disabled for the most accurate picture representation, but TV makers are still making it and advertising it as a strategy to simply have a higher number to make their TVs more attractive to potential buyers. There is a small percentage of people who like it, but those people are wrong.

Yeah, with "motion processing" I was sure you're talking about frame interpolation specifically, as I've never heard that phrase used to refer to anything else. I was a bit shocked when it seemed you advocate for it, I'm glad it was just a misunderstanding :D