Saosin LP3 - Spring '16 (hopefully released on vinyl)

• 2 weeks later...
11 hours ago, Kjm23 said:

Seeing the tour on Friday. Does anyone know if they are still selling the Autographed LP's and if so what color?

I saw an Instagram post a few days ago of a signed copy on clear, so I assume they're clear now. They were Orange a month ago when I saw them, so you may just get handed what they have. It should have a little white sticker stating the color on the shrink wrap though. 

• 4 years later...

Very future heads up, apparently we are getting a repress of the "Translating the Name" EP on vinyl. "Waxywonderss" on Instagram tagged a bunch of the band members asking "Please tell me why this insane EP is not pressed on an awesome colored vinyl yet?" and Beau responded in his DMs (which he screenshotted) "because we are finishing up the variant designs".

EDIT:
Added screenshot of the screenshoot lol.
2xElqzF.png

Edited by MCDELTAT

Just now, Buffbloom said:

Almost seems as if you should start a new thread for this completely different album.... 

Stop being lazy. 

The pinned VC General Guidelines thread states "Your favorite band/artist announced a new album? Great! Don't start a "PO SOON" thread unless there's any solid & legit info on a vinyl release. Get hyped about the release on the EE board. Don't clutter the main board yet."

It's not being lazy, there is just zero evidence beyond some screenshots, the pre-order likely won't show up for 3+ months, and then someone will start a duplicate thread because the original will be buried by then. Trust me, I've done it before.

1 hour ago, MCDELTAT said:

Very future heads up, apparently we are getting a repress of the "Translating the Name" EP on vinyl. "Waxywonderss" on Instagram tagged a bunch of the band members asking "Please tell me why this insane EP is not pressed on an awesome colored vinyl yet?" and Beau responded in his DMs (which he screenshotted) "because we are finishing up the variant designs".

EDIT:
2xElqzF.png

Every album should have its own release thread. Whose checking this thread anymore, for any reason? You bumped a completely dead thread instead. 

Releases deserve their own threads. Cluttering the message board was a problem a few years ago, it's not a problem now. 

Just now, Buffbloom said:

Every album should have its own release thread. Whose checking this thread anymore, for any reason? You bumped a completely dead thread instead. 

Releases deserve their own threads. Cluttering the message board was a problem a few years ago, it's not a problem now. 

Then please change the sticky... been using Reddit a lot more and they'll send you to downvote hell for not reading everrry rule so just a habit. Just bringing a little glad tidings to everyone. Let this thread die again and someone can create a new one whenever they get around to announcing this officially.

3 minutes ago, rooks said:

lmao what. posting in an existing thread is the opposite of cluttering. creating a thread every time there's a new rumor of a future pressing is idiotic.

Posting a release from 2003 in an untitled 2016 Saosin LP3 thread that's been buried for years since 2016 is more logical than creating a new thread for a completely separate release? That's only clutter if we have limited threads. 

Just like all the 7"s and flexis that get put in the Billie Eilish thread that never get their own "clutter". Or the Brother Sister box set that many missed because we didn't want to clutter up the board so we buried it in mwYs last albums posts. 

23 minutes ago, Buffbloom said:

Almost seems as if you should start a new thread for this completely different album.... 

Stop being lazy. 

19 minutes ago, MCDELTAT said:

The pinned VC General Guidelines thread states "Your favorite band/artist announced a new album? Great! Don't start a "PO SOON" thread unless there's any solid & legit info on a vinyl release. Get hyped about the release on the EE board. Don't clutter the main board yet."

It's not being lazy, there is just zero evidence beyond some screenshots, the pre-order likely won't show up for 3+ months, and then someone will start a duplicate thread because the original will be buried by then. Trust me, I've done it before.

16 minutes ago, Buffbloom said:

14 minutes ago, rooks said:

lmao what. posting in an existing thread is the opposite of cluttering. creating a thread every time there's a new rumor of a future pressing is idiotic.

12 minutes ago, MCDELTAT said:

Then please change the sticky... been using Reddit a lot more and they'll send you to downvote hell for not reading everrry rule so just a habit. Just bringing a little glad tidings to everyone. Let this thread die again and someone can create a new one whenever they get around to announcing this officially.

I thought about this rule today when considering if I should start an new citizen thread for the discussion of their new LP, considering there was news about it as of this week and it felt weird talking about the new music in the topic for as you please. I even considered making a thread about it in “everything else” to discuss it, then when a PO goes live, change the title and have an admin move it over to this section.... I ultimately decided against it as i remembered that rule ... no new threads without concrete PO or sale evidence. The rule seems to work well, but I will admit sometimes it’s better to just start a fresh thread when the new discussion at hand is completely irrelevant to the topic of the thread. 

Edited by tokimedo

I think posting in the busiest/biggest/most recent thread related to that same artist is the most logical place to post rumors/exciting news about said band/album that aren't strictly a new PO.

5 years ago I bet someone would have said "post rumor/discussion/hype threads in General Discussion" but it's 2020 and GD goes weeks at a time without a single new post, so why not just keep it in the music forum.

1 hour ago, MCDELTAT said:

EDIT:
2xElqzF.png

I appreciate your post.

5 minutes ago, Derek™ said:

I was unaware that anyone did anything other than this.

People did. A lot. Rumor threads were pushing active release threads down the board, making everything a mess. Long story short; we wouldn't have made a rule against it if it weren't an issue lol.