Saosin LP3 - Spring '16 (hopefully released on vinyl)

11 minutes ago, Buffbloom said:

Imagine if the Dogs Eating Dogs thread had been buried in a blink182 nine thread and you missed it how pissed you'd be. 

Imagine caring about Blink-182 in 2020.

But really, you’re reaching pretty far there.  Not really a valid comparison.  If Blink posted that they were considering pressing DED to vinyl in the “near future”, that wouldn’t deserve its own thread.  The latest and most relevant Blink thread should get bumped with the news.  Commence chattering and speculation.  When they finally get around to posting a photo of the text press with the caption “pre-orders next Tuesday @ 10 AM PST”, then a thread should be made.  I don’t think any of this is overly complicated.

8 hours ago, MachoHommeRandallSauvage said:

Buffbloom working hard to show what a clown he is. Who has this many fucks left to give about something so unbelievably unimportant?

All that drama and bullshitting to read just to say “there’s potentially / hopefully a repress in the works”. Kids these days. 

I was listening to this like 6 months ago from a random discussion at my old work. If it’s cheap I’ll grab it but odds are I’ll never spin it, or only once when I get it in. 

Why can't there just be a "Rumor Mill" board and some type of functionality that lets the OG thread creator move the thread over to the 'main' board when PO is announced/confirmed/etc ? 

Instead of fighting, why dont we come up with solutions guys!??!?! lol 🤣✌️

1 hour ago, Wasda Deelwifkramer said:

All this back and forth and yet no one has made another thread? There are truly some special people on these boards.

There is another thread. It's just a rumor. I'll post there when something actually happens.

Didn't mean to stir anything up, search on here almost never works so I just googled "Vinyl Collective Saosin" and this was the first thread to come up. Per rules, it was just a rumor and I was hoping we'd all get hyped and come back to a new thread in a few months lol.

https://boards.vinylcollective.com/topic/143854-saosin-translating-the-name/page/3/#comments

Edited by MCDELTAT

27 minutes ago, Derek™ said:

You may want to look into Facebook, Instagram, or general social media.  They're good for following bands and getting pertinent info, like pre-order dates and reissue news.

Derek, we've shared this space for a long enough time that I know that you're a dick all the time just for the sake of being a dick. You know I'm right but you're digging your heels in and backing your stance like some blue lives matter fuck. Just stop. 

1 minute ago, Buffbloom said:

Derek, we've shared this space for a long enough time that I know that you're a dick all the time just for the sake of being a dick. You know I'm right but you're digging your heels in and backing your stance like some blue lives matter fuck. Just stop. 

All the time is a bit of an exaggeration.  I’d meet you at 70%.

Just now, Derek™ said:

All the time is a bit of an exaggeration.  I’d meet you at 70%.

I'll agree with that. I've seen you genuine a few times, I will give you that. 

I'm not arguing just to argue, I honestly think some of these things need to change.  Okay, maybe not the rumors, but for sure the mwY box sets that were all posted in the Untitled thread. And for sure the Billie Eilish 7" and flexis that all got lumped into an album. Each release deserves its own thread, if it is an actual release. This message board should also serve as an archive of accurate information on releases because we represent the actual hobby and we should care about accurate information so that we can be a resource. This message board has so much information and knowledge on releases than most Discogs listing and we should be proud of that and also take it upon ourselves to keep doing the best job we can to preserve our knowledge. 

Yeah, the mwY boxsets deserved their own thread when they properly launched.  Honestly it’s all kind of a blur and I’m surprised they didn’t have proper threads created when they went live.  Generally speaking, I think when a band or label provides an actual date - even if it’s “next month” - a new thread can be created for traction or whatever.  For the case of mwY, I think we were all just being lazy.  There was a bit of a “hub” for discussion, all mwY fans were checking there, and I suppose no one really saw it necessary to dedicate a whole thread to something we had already been anticipating and purchased the moment they went live.  It really does no favors to the periodic VC user who only logs in every few weeks, or browses the board without being logged in.  (I use the read / “star” feature on thread pretty heavily.)

But, real talk: there’s a lot of releases that aren’t even posted on VC.  Or posted too late where limited editions or rarer variants are sold out.  Hate to admit it but I’ve taken to lurking Reddit for that very reason.  Most of it doesn’t apply to what I’m interested in, but it’s just interesting to spectate how that community seems to procure links so quickly, hours - sometimes days - before someone on VC will mention it.

I guess I’m saying that in a perfect world, we would get a new thread the moment any concrete info — not just rumors — began to sprout up for a release.  But VC sometimes lags a bit.  And we’re also occasionally lazy, posting announcement links in centralized threads.  It’s not ideal and I’m not trying to argue that.  But if you keep up on discussions of threads relevant to your tastes, social media, and the periodic Reddit check-in, there’s hardly room to miss out on anything.  In my opinion, anyway.

People are pretty good about bumping old threads with new and enticing info.  On average, you’re not going to see someone dig up the latest thread for an artist just to ask if anyone is selling a copy.  That certainly does happen now and then, and we all grumble when it does.  But typically it’s to share the news of a repress, even if it’s for a separate album.  Or a boxset, or something.  Again, I agree that it’s really not always the most practical approach but it’s served me well to check any new posts if the thread title contains an artist or label I’m interested in.

My 2¢ without trying to be snide or belittling.

Any links to relevant subreddits would be awfully helpful. I tend to stay away from reddit because it often drives me nuts. I had to unsub from every news sub because I was starting to go a little insane. 

I could trailer my reddit experience to things I'm interested in, but I've yet to come by any interesting subs that don't just post about the 300th reissue of Thriller. I'm open to suggestions. 

Just when it comes to vinyl, this has always been the best place for me to find music that I'm interested in. I know this place has died down a lot in the last few years but I think that were at one point THE place to get this information and I don't think we should give up to Reddit. We can be a better user experience. Collectively, we have so much knowledge and I think that we should use this place to archive that knowledge. 

For the record I didn't merge these mwy/billie elish threads and highly doubt Juan did either. The moderation side isn't somehow fucking people over and making them miss POs. At all. If someone voluntarily bumps a thread with an adjacent repress/EP/whatever update that is certainly not our fault.

Even if I wasn't a digital janitor here, I sure as hell wouldn't want to see several threads about Saosin on page 1 of the main board because some dude from their band made a cryptic social media post or something. If a thread about a release already exists bump the shit out of it, if it's some sort of super mega collector's reissue then make a new thread. It's really not a big deal and we're not the deep state of physical media lol.