Is a real boy question

I bought a white copy of is a real boy back in November 2008, and my friend bought me a copy that year for Christmas. I didn't open it because I figured I'd save it in case my other copy got scratched or something. Well my son was born in 2012, and he got to my white is a real boy and scratched it. So I just opened my other copy a couple months ago, but both the discs were black. I've looked everywhere I can think of to see what variant this is but I can't find any double black copies other than the 2012 SRC copy, which I know mine isn't because I got it years before my son was born or I met my wife even. So does anyone know of a double black variant from around that time period?

Check the matrix numbers: 

• Matrix / Runout (A): 72486E1/B PIRATES PRESS DOG129 A
  • Matrix / Runout (B): 74286E2/A PIRATES PRESS DOG129 B
  • Matrix / Runout ©: 72486E3/A PIRATES PRESS DOG129 C
  • Matrix / Runout (D): 72486E4/A PIRATES PRESS DOG129 D

When I posted the discogs page I thought maybe there were two presses one on black and one on green. 

Thanks for the help everyone, I just checked the matrix numbers for both discs and they're all different from the black/green release. They start with 8506-DGA185960-1(a). I just double checked the c/d disc to see if it was the right tracks and it is. So I might try emailing doghouse and see if they know anything about it.

• 2 weeks later...

I will gladly post some pictures, with a little help from my friends. In other words I'm not quite sure how to post pictures, can i post on the mobile site or do i need to go to the desktop. And can i post pictures directly in the reply box?

i think no matter what you need to host the pictures somewhere first. i usually use tinypic, don't know if there's a better alternative i've been missing out on

• 3 years later...

Reviving this because I also have a double black copy with these etchings and still can't find any info (my google search only had this link). Has anyone gained any new info over the last three years :lol:

EDIT- I created a Discogs entry, which includes some photo comparisons to a 2012 repress. Both have the "Recordsd" typo in the jacket, but the cover is a little more off white than my 2012 copy, and the labels are different textures

https://www.discogs.com/Say-Anything-Is-A-Real-Boy/release/13546811

Edited by patty_d_27