Fest 15

bobby

• 2 weeks later...

It'd be cool to get some of the bigger bands back on this.  Last year's lineup was somewhat weak for my tastes so I did Wrecking Ball in ATL instead.

Gimmie some HWM, Bouncing Souls, D4, Lucero.  Some of the less likely but appealing names would be The Alkaline Trio, Against Me!, or Streetlight Manifesto.

i've never been to fest because i live in chicago and most of the bands that i'd be interested in seeing at fest play chicago a few times a year. i was considering going last year, but the lineup wasn't interesting enough for me to spend the money. but this year i'm determined to go.

i turn 30 in november, and my goal is to have traveled to all 50 states by my birthday. 3 of the 5 i have left are Louisiana, Mississippi, and Alabama, so i figured as long as i'm going to be driving all the way down to visit those, i might as well plan it around fest, and drive a little bit further, right?

looking into getting a table/booth/tent to sell some records and things while i'm there, and kill a few birds with one stone.

i turn 30 in november, and my goal is to have traveled to all 50 states by my birthday. 3 of the 5 i have left are Louisiana, Mississippi, and Alabama, so i figured as long as i'm going to be driving all the way down to visit those, i might as well plan it around fest, and drive a little bit further, right?

For Alabama, you should check out Muscle Shoals.. beautiful small town and very rich in music history.

It'd be cool to get some of the bigger bands back on this.  Last year's lineup was somewhat weak for my tastes so I did Wrecking Ball in ATL instead.

Gimmie some HWM, Bouncing Souls, D4, Lucero.  Some of the less likely but appealing names would be The Alkaline Trio, Against Me!, or Streetlight Manifesto.

this past year was amazing and chock full of good bands. if you want to see bands with more notoriety in one setting  FEST probably not gonna be for you. 

• 1 month later...

this past year was amazing and chock full of good bands. if you want to see bands with more notoriety in one setting  FEST probably not gonna be for you. 

I've been to Fest 3x.  Last year was the weakest lineup I've seen thus far -- from the headliners down to the non headliners.

I was listing headliner bands specifically because 15 should be a bigger occurrence (as 10 was a bigger celebration too).

Edit: And the first set of bands I listed were all bands who have Fested multiple times (most of which all played Fest 12 or 13 or both -- the last three I mentioned as being long shots.

weirdly enough, last year's pre-fest was my funnest yet. probably because i made a point to see every damn band i hadn't seen or remotely liked and was totally blown away by a few. i never got to fest because i got sick the first day and was bed ridden all weekend. but luckily i saw all the bands i wanted to see, minus old flings, during pre-fest. 8x for me, and while it's cool to see the headliners, i've seen most of those bands numerous times before over the US so i was looking forward to more of the regional and foreign acts that don't tour to TX.

I did like the outdoor MainStage format from the past year. Liked that there was beer other than Pabst sold as well. I'm not a crazy beer guy, Pabst just gives me heartburn so bad past 6 or 7 of them it was nice to have some variation. 

Fest is always fun because of the people you get to run into/meet. I held my schedule back to making sure I hit 2-3 for sure bands each day and the rest of the time try to hang as much as possible and I had a great year

Fest is always fun because of the people you get to run into/meet. I held my schedule back to making sure I hit 2-3 for sure bands each day and the rest of the time try to hang as much as possible and I had a great year

that's why i go. the friends i say make fest fun every year. it's half the reason i go. 

Also, i'm gonna make it a point to have a publix sandwich every time i go to FL now. :)

that's why i go. the friends i say make fest fun every year. it's half the reason i go.

Also, i'm gonna make it a point to have a publix sandwich every time i go to FL now. :)

You going again this year for sure?? I'm doing whatever I can to make it. I regretted missing last year. It's gonna be a good time!