PO: Bossk - Audio Noir LP (Deathwish Inc)

jhulud

• 1 month later...

looks good matt, hows it sound? Im pretty sure mine is at the house today since Ive been told I have one waiting for me. hoping I dig, trying to find some post-metal/rock I like.

I'm spinning it now. I can gave it a quick clean first. As far as pressing quality goes, it's classic DW: no pops, very clean sound. No complaints. As far as the album goes, I'm finishing the A side now. It's very interesting. It's a little more instrumental than I thought it would be, which isn't a negative. I think you guys will be surprised with it. But I still have the B side to go, which I'm about to spin.

Knowing your taste, I think you'll dig it. It's very post-metal for sure.

[i'll update this a bit as I listen. Who knows, shit could change dramatically at any second.]

Haha, and there we go, the vocals on 'Kobe' just kicked in. That's what I'm talking about. The long instrumental part really helps build up and highlight the vocals. I'm kind of getting a Year Of No Light vibe on here. And something else I can't quit put my finger on, maybe some Cult Of Luna. Whatever it is, I'm fucking digging it.

On the B-Side we have 'Atom Smasher', 'Nadir', and 'The Reverie II', the former and latter which look like hefty songs taking almost half the B-side per track with 'Nadir' as an interlude. We shall see.

Ok, so I just finished it. There is so much going on with this album. I'm hearing post rock, post metal, sludge, and even some ambient elements. And damn they are mixing well.

This album is really solid, and I've only given it a once through. I have a feeling everyone who dug Pick Up Artist, and the singles for this are really going to love it. I'm trying to compare it another album and I'm coming up short, which I love. It's not ground breaking or anything, but definitely unique and an enjoyable listen. I'm sure I'll like it even more as time goes on. That closing track though, it ended the album beautifully.

Just dropped my copy on the turntable now...this opens up SO MUCH SOFTER than I would have expected from a Deathwish release (and I don't mean that in a bad way.) It builds up in a way not unlike what I always loved about Isis, but a little dirtier and with more groove. I'm only on the second track, but already not regretting the purchase.

Matt, I'm pretty sure you helped convince me to buy this, so thank ya!

Just dropped my copy on the turntable now...this opens up SO MUCH SOFTER than I would have expected from a Deathwish release (and I don't mean that in a bad way.) It builds up in a way not unlike what I always loved about Isis, but a little dirtier and with more groove. I'm only on the second track, but already not regretting the purchase.

Matt, I'm pretty sure you helped convince me to buy this, so thank ya!

Isn't it awesome? Wouldn't expect that from a DW release, but I'm loving it.

And who knows. Maybe. I think I remember talking to you about it. As long as you enjoy, dude, I'm happy. I'm spinning it again now and it's opening up a bit more. 'Atom Smasher' is my favorite track so far.

It's a little more instrumental than I thought it would be, which isn't a negative. 

Really? Bossk's first two albums (.1 & .2) are almost completely instrumental. When his voice finally cuts in it creates an awesome feel. Just like you said for Audio Noir: 

The long instrumental part really helps build up and highlight the vocals

Nice write up though. I get mine on Friday, looking forward to it because I love this band and everything they've done.

Really? Bossk's first two albums (.1 & .2) are almost completely instrumental. When his voice finally cuts in it creates an awesome feel. Just like you said for Audio Noir: 

Nice write up though. I get mine on Friday, looking forward to it because I love this band and everything they've done.

I really only had Pick Up Artist fresh in my mind to compare it to. You're right though, .1 / .2 is very instrumental. I kind of try not to listen to .1 / .2 cause I can never find it on vinyl, so I don't want to think about it. Haha.

If you like .1 / .2 you're going to dig Audio Noir though.

I really only had Pick Up Artist fresh in my mind to compare it to. You're right though, .1 / .2 is very instrumental. I kind of try not to listen to .1 / .2 cause I can never find it on vinyl, so I don't want to think about it. Haha.

If you like .1 / .2 you're going to dig Audio Noir though.

Damn, you got me all giddy. Can't wait.