I'm Selling Everything to Pay Off Debt

distinctlydustin

Can I get that Two Conversations back? Or maybe at least the Thursday WATT? Never heard back from you if you got Thursday fixed up. I'll pay shipping at least. I did you a solid sending those Appleseed Cast albums free to replace the Thursday that got warped in transit. The least you could do is send me Two Conversations back instead of selling it.

I already replaced Sagarmatha, so do what you please with that one.

Am I misunderstanding this, or are you saying that he bought that Thursday record, it arrived damaged so you sent him other records to make up for that instead of refunding money or dealing with a potential PayPal dispute...and now you want them back for free, but you're not going to refund his money?

Why should he return them to you for free?

Am I misunderstanding this, or are you saying that he bought that Thursday record, it arrived damaged so you sent him other records to make up for that instead of refunding money or dealing with a potential PayPal dispute...and now you want them back for free, but you're not going to refund his money?

Why should he return them to you for free?

He was going to attempt to fix the Thursday record & let me know if he was able to (never let me know). Sent the 2 Appleseed Cast records for free because I felt bad. Multiple times on his own he said he would still send me some money for them. I didn't care either way, but didn't get that money. I just stopped caring after I never heard anything more about any of it.

I would have been perfectly ok refunding & taking the defective album back, but he wanted to keep it & hopefully fix it.

But to see him listing all of this stuff for sale rubs me the wrong way. If he got Thursday fixed (which I would assume was the case since it's listed on Discogs), then that's cool, but I think I should at least be entitled to one of the freebie TAC albums back instead of selling it. If he wasn't trying to sell everything, I wouldn't care. I sent those records for free with the intention of being kept & listened to, not sold to someone else.

Am I out of line here?

He was going to attempt to fix the Thursday record & let me know if he was able to (never let me know). Sent the 2 Appleseed Cast records for free because I felt bad. Multiple times on his own he said he would still send me some money for them. I didn't care either way, but didn't get that money. I just stopped caring after I never heard anything more about any of it.

I would have been perfectly ok refunding & taking the defective album back, but he wanted to keep it & hopefully fix it.

But to see him listing all of this stuff for sale rubs me the wrong way. If he got Thursday fixed (which I would assume was the case since it's listed on Discogs), then that's cool, but I think I should at least be entitled to one of the freebie TAC albums back instead of selling it. If he wasn't trying to sell everything, I wouldn't care. I sent those records for free with the intention of being kept & listened to, not sold to someone else.

Am I out of line here?

Courtesy would suggest that you aren't out of line, but unless there was an understanding about the arrangement, I'm not sure there is an argument in your favour. Is it possibly shitty? Yes, but after you've agreed to give someone something, you can't control what they choose to do with it.

Courtesy would suggest that you aren't out of line, but unless there was an understanding about the arrangement, I'm not sure there is an argument in your favour. Is it possibly shitty? Yes, but after you've agreed to give someone something, you can't control what they choose to do with it.

I'm not gonna like fight to the death over this or anything. Just wanted to throw out my thoughts here. If he doesn't agree with what I think, so be it. I'll live.

Am I out of line here?

Gotcha. Nah, I don't necessarily think you're out of line, but asking more than once seemed like overkill to me.

But...has he replied yet?

I guess my thing is...people get busy. I'm sure he'd eventually respond to te first message because even though Dustin can be a turd every now and then, he's generally a pretty cool dude, and easy to work with on sales/trades.

I just don't want this to turn into a witch hunt or anything, y'know?

Mrewest, I'll send the records back to you. The record I bought from you was destroyed. I'll take the loss in money. That's fine.

See, this is why I thought it was a weird request to have it sent back to him.

I wouldn't have been as nice about it as Dustin though.

Also, I gave that Thursday to a friend because it was messed up pretty bad. He wanted it. Still don't understand what I've done wrong other than struggle to get records out (I mean labels would never do that.) Also, I'm not responding to new offers until I get this batch of sales out. Tomorrow all should have tracking.

Burn me at the stake.

You told me you were having your friend fix Thursday & send it back to you. I guess that's where my confusion came. Thought you had the Thursday & both Appleseed Cast albums.

I guess if you gave Thursday to him to keep, we'll call it even. Looked to me like you were selling all 3 records.

And again, just to clarify, I would have gladly sent a refund from the beginning, but it was never brought up.

You told me you were having your friend fix Thursday & send it back to you. I guess that's where my confusion came. Thought you had the Thursday & both Appleseed Cast albums.

I guess if you gave Thursday to him to keep, we'll call it even. Looked to me like you were selling all 3 records.

And again, just to clarify, I would have gladly sent a refund from the beginning, but it was never brought up.

I bought a different Thursday after your HT copy failed. I have the non-HT version.