We are no longer offering media mail due to its incredibly slow delivery times and blah blah blah

Should probably add what site this is for in the topic or at least the op.

Fixed, I had tagged it originally but nothing more

Back on topic, I have ordered over a hundred records online through Media Mail, and as long as they are packed decently, they come through fine.  And its not like Media Mail doesnt have tracking, so you know when the record should arrive.  Just seems like a shitty way to charge more for shipping.

media mail is the worst anyway, priority 2-day shipping is king

it is king, but you also gotta pay for the royal treatment.

Thought this thread was for USPS in general, I was bummed. Media mail is slow but I've never waited more than a week to get something. I actually avoid sellers who only ship priority because of price. I'm a cheap bastard though so...ya know

Yea, that's kind of ridiculous.  I know when I order media mail that it'll take around a week at least to arrive. And it has tracking so I can keep an eye on it. And like others have said, as long as it's packed well, there's no issue. Unless they're getting a ton of people complaining about seem splits. Which likely won't change no matter the service.

it is king, but you also gotta pay for the royal treatment.

Thought this thread was for USPS in general, I was bummed. Media mail is slow but I've never waited more than a week to get something. I actually avoid sellers who only ship priority because of price. I'm a cheap bastard though so...ya know

I know, this scared me too, I thought this was a USPS rant

It's weird that they're citing damages becase they pack their records very well. Box would have to get caught in the machinery to damage the record, speaking of which, I sent a record priority mail to a guy like 2 miles from me and the box arrived bent in half. So priority mail is no guarantee.