We are no longer offering media mail due to its incredibly slow delivery times and blah blah blah

How are people able to offer $10 US-Canada shipping? I shipped a single LP from New York to Hamilton, ON last month and it cost $15.50. Makes the ~$22 overseas shipping to Europe seem reasonable.

Light packaging and buying labels online saves a dollar or two. Not sure if I'd be able to get it down to $10.

Also we get it shipping to Canada/International sucks. It sucks for people in the US too because that expensive shipping has to be passed on or eaten a lil but in order to execute the deal. Unfortunately, for those who ship out of the US, there really is no other reasonable choice.

The point of this thread is that a large distro is flagrantly overcharging for shipping on records when they have amongst the most secure mailers around and people who are probably willing to wait for their items. They also are inconsistent when offering the cheaper option. In fact there have been points where things were delayed that when they got the items to ship they sent it 2 day priority as a courtesy. That's cool but that doesn't make sense when you say you're losing money.

Has anyone tried ordering a non-limited / non-variant from Kings Road? it sounds like their response is that this ban on media mail shipping is for limited items only, and aimed at ensuring they get to their recipients with minimal amount of damage so they don't have to hold limited runs in reserve for 'replacements'.

Curious if people would be willing to eat the damage of a copy if they offered media mail shipping (i.e., if your record shows up with seam split, bent corners and you selected media-mail, you cannot return it)?

Has anyone tried ordering a non-limited / non-variant from Kings Road? it sounds like their response is that this ban on media mail shipping is for limited items only, and aimed at ensuring they get to their recipients with minimal amount of damage so they don't have to hold limited runs in reserve for 'replacements'.

Curious if people would be willing to eat the damage of a copy if they offered media mail shipping (i.e., if your record shows up with seam split, bent corners and you selected media-mail, you cannot return it)?

From the way people bitch about seam splits, I doubt it. I see shit at stores with seam splits. I don't understand why it's that big of a deal if the jacket only has one small split.

I called them out on this in my response.  I was able to order a limited copy (1000) of the Dustin Kensrue live album with media mail shipping, however a retail black variant of the new Saosin record is $11.xx via Priority Mail.  So they're full of it.