Taylor Swift - Self-Titled and Fearless out in May

jhulud

I need these in my life! I am so happy! If they were colored like that mockup life would be perfect. I actually impulse bought the Jukebox 45s for Should've Said No and Love Story just so I can own them on vinyl haha
 tumblr_nsz68f5bg41shp3c3o1_500.gif

Almost makes me forgot how I can't find a copy of Courage to Grow by Rebelution on vinyl  :mellow:

You know what I dont get is people will post in threads of groups they don't like/care for to bash on releases.

They shouldn't. It's pointless. I'll hop in on a good shit-show or chime in on poor label ethics sometimes, but you won't find me deliberately pissing on a parade or trying to spoil hype that a release may be garnering.

That being said – and not to be a contrarian – Taylor Swift doesn't do much of anything for me. I never got the hype and my life isn't remotely changed with the press of these two older albums. But I'm stoked everyone else is stoked; I just didn't feel the need to voice all of that in this thread, uniniated. Sometimes it's beneficial to everyone just to lurk.

I think it's hilarious that people shit talk blink-182 or the Used fans around here, then get stoked as fuck about some Taylor Swift. Nothing creepier than a male in his 30s with a T.Swift calendar.

Are the same people talking down on those bands, while also praising Swift, while also being in their 30s? Or are you making generalizations?

Like I said – I'm pretty meh about Swift. But I also haven't listened to full albums by her to determine that she's terrible... which I can, regrettably, say about The Used and Blink, from back in the day.

Not trying to derail this thread... Juan's heart is going to break if he has to power down his own Swift hype-machine.

Are the same people talking down on those bands, while also praising Swift, while also being in their 30s? Or are you making generalizations?

Like I said – I'm pretty meh about Swift. But I also haven't listened to full albums by her to determine that she's terrible... which I can, regrettably, say about The Used and Blink, from back in the day.

Not trying to derail this thread... Juan's heart is going to break if he has to power down his own Swift hype-machine.

We are never ever ever getting back together

I don't need to listen to anymore than that to base my opinion.

We are never ever ever getting back together

I don't need to listen to anymore than that to base my opinion.

That's great that you have formed your own opinion. Why not focus it on threads for artists you actually like (or defend the ones that you do like), rather than contributing unnecessary negative posts on this board?

As stated, I'm hardly a Taylor Swift fan, and I'm not here to defend her honor.  But if we're being honest –

Good Hot Topic haul today. They let me use a $30 off $75 coupon with the buy two get one free vinyl, plus an additional 15% off for starting a credit card with them ($500 limit and no annual fees means I can't fuck myself too hard I suppose). $59.36 got me:

The Dillinger Escape Plan w/ Mike Patton- Irony Is A Dying Scene, HT exclusive transparent orange
The Bled- Heat Fetish, HT exclusive red
The Front Bottoms- Back On Top, black
The Bouncing Souls- Anchors Aweigh, HT exclusive transparent green
Seaway- Colour Blind, HT exclusive clear w/ pink, green, and purple splatter
Silverstein- A Shipwreck In The Sand, HT exclusive transparent red

You're 27 and gloating over Hot Topic hauls, while calling other people out on their age.  You're in a position where you should be treading very lightly, friend.

As stated, I'm hardly a Taylor Swift fan, and I'm not here to defend her honor. But if we're being honest –

You're 27 and gloating over Hot Topic hauls, while calling other people out on their age. You're in a position where you should be treading very lightly, friend.

Yeah man my music tastes are fuuuucked. I also really like 80's New Wave.

I just give any grown man shit for listening to Taylor Swift, even my friends who listen to her. I find it funny, my bad. And Vinyl Addict just annoys me, sometimes I think he's that RHCP guy who kept bragging about his OG Sublime presses in the 40OZ thread.

Haha what a bitch

Don't use bitch as an insult.

Now I'm gonna leave this thread and never return. Enjoy your T.Swift records, fellas.

First off, The Bled and The Bouncing Souls are great bands, leave them outta this shit.

And most importantly, this:

That's great that you have formed your own opinion. Why not focus it on threads for artists you actually like (or defend the ones that you do like), rather than contributing unnecessary negative posts on this board?

It's one thing for a user who's interested in a release to be upset by issues like price points, production quality, etc etc, and another to shitpost in a thread just for the sake of being a dick.

This thread is going on a time out. You all should take valentine's evening off to spend time with your partners, maybe get some action and come back in a better mood.