Yeezy - The Life of Pablo

Tommy

I think I agree with the consensus, which is that you're not gonna take it all in on one listen. I gave it like five or six listens so far and each time I find something else I enjoy on it, even if it's singing along to some of the corny af lyrics (a certain line about bleached assholes comes to mind). It ain't Yeezus, but a different beast, altogether.

this is the first time i've ever had criticisms of a kanye album. kind of a bummer, but whatever. he can't be perfect every time.

and really, my only criticisms fall on lazy lyrics. the taylor shit. ray j. pretty much anything about kim. it's just all so empty. but it all stands out because it's such a stark contrast to how fucking beautiful all the music is. 

like, highlights has the potential to be one of his best tracks ever... but the lyrics simply don't match up to everything else it has going for it.

all that said, ultra light beams is some next level shit that takes me on a spiritual journey every damn time i listen to it. fucking chills when that choir kicks in.

same goes for frank popping up on wolves, my god.

fml, 30 hours... both perfect.

TLOP >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> TPAB

Also P4k lost all credibility in 2014. They had a good run from 2009 - 2013 as my go to music site.

Also TLOP is my favorite Ye album easily, but every new album from him quickly becomes my favorite Ye album. Father Strech My Hands is my favorite track ever from him too. That beat is massive, and the Cudi hook is the greatest thing since the Cudi outro on Guilt Trip.