Yeezy - The Life of Pablo

Tommy

The biggest issue with the tidal trial for Kanye is it didn't require credit info like most trials do so at the end of the trial, which everyone is using, very few will continue paying for tidal since it is more expensive and has a far inferior selection. If they had required the credit info like most trials do people would forget and automatically be enrolled.

All very true. On the other hand tidal is now the number one app in the world so i'm not sure if terrible move or weird strategic play 

I'm pretty sure the only reason its that way is its because its the only way you can hear Kanye's album. Beyonce's new song being on their too probably helped a little.

Its a great strategy for Tidal, but the question will be how many people keep subscriptions when the month is over. My guess is not many.

ok ok folks, no need to get butt hurt, but I didn't think it was fantastic. simply meh. will give a second listen to see if it changes, but was hoping for something else. I love kayne is my favorite on the first listen.

Same

There are a lot of really good beats but the songs never really coalesce for me.

i feel a little bummed out too. i had pretty low expectations, but was hoping the album would unlock the keys to the universe and deliver a complete understanding of all things past, present, and future. at the least, it could have spawned a teleportation and time travel portal that provided access to the greatest parties and events of all time. meh. 7/10.

500k illegal downloads already

Guess trying to keep a sinking boat afloat (Tinder) is worth more than getting his album out there and trying

to make some money, albeit not much from these streaming services, but its something. Getting it out there on Spotify and Apple music would have stifled the illegally downloading somewhat I imagine.

There are some solid songs on here.

The more I listen to it, the more I find I don't like.

Middle few tracks were probably my favorites

That's where i'm at too. listen 2 and 3 had me excited but each time after i'm losing interest. solid 4-5 songs in here but this is becoming a forgettable album

Guess trying to keep a sinking boat afloat (Tinder) is worth more than getting his album out there and trying

to make some money, albeit not much from these streaming services, but its something. Getting it out there on Spotify and Apple music would have stifled the illegally downloading somewhat I imagine.

Tinder is gonna be ok. Tidal on the other hand, probably not so much.

Nobody who has mania is in good health my man, psychosis is no fun.

I wish going off my lexapro allowed me to put my music out there to millions, go on insane twitter rants that the world sees and have enough self confidence to be like Kanye West.

P.S. Lexapro isn't typically used to treat bipolar disorder. It is for generalized anxiety and depression and not many doctors would prescribe it for bipolar.

The more I listen to it, the more I find I don't like.

Same. Seven listens so far and while the first half has some great songs there's some stuff I really could've done without. Low Lights, Freestyle 4 ... both Father Stretch parts have yet to grow on me, too. Or maybe Ultralight Beam is such a good fucking song that whatever that comes after it sounds like shit.

Honestly, as a cohesive album, Yeezus is better than Pablo to me.

I legitimately fell asleep listening to this record. Not to be a contrarian, but...

This is the most boring Kanye album I've ever heard

I'll come back with actual thoughts once I muscle through it a few times and see what sticks. That opener is great, and I'm already eager to hear it again. But outside of that I think it's painfully obvious why the only two VC members to lose their shit over this album are Young Thug and Kanye West.

solid 7/10 feels like a mixtape

This early on, a 7 is a little generous in my books, but we'll see. Completely agree with the mixtape vibe – for better or worse.

[edit]

Also, I'm allowed to have my own opinion about this album, even if it goes against the grain and your hype-bloated adoration right out of the gates.  Fuck off.