$1k Marantz TT 15S1 B stocks are back

Well to be fair it's the old model cart which was "only" $750, so you basically get an upgraded Clearaudio Emotion table worth roughly $1.5k* for $250. The only reason people even mention the VPI is because there's a "made in USA" writing on it

*basing that estimate on the fact that the standard Emotion was $1k and the Emotion SE, a just barely improved model over the marantz is $2.5k

Well to be fair it's the old model cart which was "only" $750

Are you sure? Description says Virtuoso Ebony Wood, which I'm pretty sure is the V2 cart.

the cartridge is not permanently fixed to the tonearm.

For tables that both cost $1,000, getting a $950 cart is a way better deal than getting a $100 cart.

Are you sure? Description says Virtuoso Ebony Wood, which I'm pretty sure is the V2 cart.

Yeah, the V2 was only released two or three years ago, the TT15 has been selling with that cart for close to a decade. Though I think it might actually only be available in that package as the standalone cart has a different kind of wood housing (or aluminum for those who prefer it). But it isn't the V2 cart, though I can't imagine there being much of a difference.

Heh, I just searched a bit and this pretty much sums it up regarding value for money:

To put it into perspective, a similarly built table directly from Clearaudio would cost about $1200 for the table and arm, $875 for the Virtuoso cartridge, $200 for upgraded feet, and you get a thicker platter to boot with a 3 year guarantee! In case your head hurts, the math adds up to $2275  vs. $1600—quite the bargain.

So at $1k it's really no contest.

And this same review also confirms about the cart being available only in this package:

If the supplied Clearaudio Virtuoso Ebony cartridge (exclusive to this table) is used, then setup is very easy.