The Hotelier - Goodness

dvv

how come?

they won't play it live anymore (except special circumstances) because after having discussions with people who have been abused, christian realized that the message wasn't written clearly at all and it can be interpreted as victim blaming to a point. sort of separating themselves from that track and its meaning at this point.

before this becomes another conversation about "omg you're too PC!!!!" like sadly a bunch of things on this board have become, as i stated above, christian is the one who made that decision and made a blog post about that about a year and a half ago. it has nothing to do with being pressured by fans or thinking they should "deal with it or leave the room if the song comes on", as i've seen people say before.

they won't play it live anymore (except special circumstances) because after having discussions with people who have been abused, christian realized that the message wasn't written clearly at all and it can be interpreted as victim blaming to a point. sort of separating themselves from that track and its meaning at this point.

before this becomes another conversation about "omg you're too PC!!!!" like sadly a bunch of things on this board have become, as i stated above, christian is the one who made that decision and made a blog post about that about a year and a half ago. it has nothing to do with being pressured by fans or thinking they should "deal with it or leave the room if the song comes on", as i've seen people say before.

interesting. I guess you have to respect that decision and what he wants to convey through his music. Makes me look at the song differently now

Interesting.... I'll definitely respect that decision. I just always interpreted it where although the victim is completely innocent, they still care for the culprit and hope that they change. "Keep my options open...."

Anyways.... I thought it was a reference because the dog is chained up at 35, but then another dog is running free at 2'24" with the rest of them. I guess I've taken too many English classes. 

Interesting.... I'll definitely respect that decision. I just always interpreted it where although the victim is completely innocent, they still care for the culprit and hope that they change. "Keep my options open...."

Anyways.... I thought it was a reference because the dog is chained up at 35, but then another dog is running free at 2'24" with the rest of them. I guess I've taken too many English classes.

It could very well be a reference but I would be surprised if it was

• 2 weeks later...