The Hotelier - Goodness

dvv

3 minutes ago, double d said:

You beat me, came to share.  Already so fucking hyped and I'm only on Goodness pt 2.

I think download codes are going out early tonight, TE twitter said that if people hadn't preordered yet today would be a good day to.

Edited by dantheriver

7 minutes ago, double d said:

3/4ths through it and my only complaint is those short filler songs

Most of the time I would agree with this, but in this particular case I think the transitional elements are done with a purpose and they really add to the overall beauty of the record.

Also, they're fairly pleasant (and quite brief), and the rest of the tracks feel so substantial and weighty, so for me it's a nice respite. All in all, I think you'll get used to them and eventually come to appreciate their role on the album!

2 minutes ago, bearchuck said:

Most of the time I would agree with this, but in this particular case I think the transitional elements are done with a purpose and they really add to the overall beauty of the record.

Also, they're fairly pleasant (and quite brief), and the rest of the tracks feel so substantial and weighty, so for me it's a nice respite. All in all, I think you'll get used to them and eventually come to appreciate their role on the album!

I definitely felt like they enhanced the experience. I had extremely high hopes for this album and am not disappointed at all after one play.

5 minutes ago, bearchuck said:

I don't doubt that I will get used to hearing them the next few times I go through the album, maybe cus I was too anxious to get to the actual songs I wanted to skip through them.

also its very interesting reading that both The Hotelier and Nothing were bands that were going to sign with Collect but then the whole martin fiasco thing happened so they both signed with their previous labels again

4 hours ago, AdventureIsOutThere said:

Correct me if I'm wrong, but does N 43° 33' 55.676" W 72° 45' 11.914 implement the similar chord structure to introduction and outro of dendron from HLNPIT?

No clue, but we believe they are coordinates. On 3rd and 4th page of this thread we looked them up on Google maps.

Edited by MCDELTAT

THIS IS AWESOME

most excited I have been about music in a long time after my first few listens, and I thought I had mostly outgrown this genre.  two deliverances and sun are my standouts so far.  also getting some weakerthans vibes, and extra stoked I now have 2 versions of my favorite hotelier song.  

HAPPY FRIDAY

Edited by parkinglot