The Hotelier - Goodness

dvv

I have a copy of the Midnight & Smitten/300 that I haven't played/opened. Liked the album, but willing to let it go...for $100.

Kidding, first person to PM me that wants it will get it for cost + shipping.  Sold.

Edited by O4Onyee

• 2 months later...
  • 7 months later...

Hey, so bumping an old thread to say that I sometimes do videography for local bands and a couple weeks ago my friend's band (who I'm doing a music video for) opened for The Hotelier at Penn State. I filmed their set and put it on Youtube and it came out really cool if anyone would be interested in checking it out! They played Opening Mail for My Grandmother which was the first time I've ever heard them play it live and it was an honor to film that one especially.

Edited by shadowkid33

4 hours ago, DOMAN127 said:

Side-note: I avoided Home for a while because I didn't think it would live up to its massive hype, but now I listen to it like twice a day. What do I know? 

I try it once every few months just to see if it's better than I recall, or to see if it'll clock like other albums have mysteriously done at random, as time goes on.  I'm still getting nothing over here.  I don't think it's inherently bad music, nor am I weighing it against its hype.  It just doesn't ever reach a moment that leaves a lasting impression on my end.  I know I'm in a minority but it's whatever.  Not a record I'm forcing myself to like, but also not so terrible that I need to delete it off my HD.  Somewhere firm between the two.

2 hours ago, Derek™ said:

I try it once every few months just to see if it's better than I recall, or to see if it'll clock like other albums have mysteriously done at random, as time goes on.  I'm still getting nothing over here.  I don't think it's inherently bad music, nor am I weighing it against its hype.  It just doesn't ever reach a moment that leaves a lasting impression on my end.  I know I'm in a minority but it's whatever.  Not a record I'm forcing myself to like, but also not so terrible that I need to delete it off my HD.  Somewhere firm between the two.

This is exactly how I feel about it

• 6 months later...