PO Now: Hayden - Everything I Long For (20th Anniversary) 2LP

Limited to 1000 2LP white vinyl.

Everything I Long For 20th Anniversary re-issue and tour

February 16, 2016

Around this time 20 years ago, I released my first full length record, Everything I Long For. It was a collection of 16 songs, some 4-track recordings that had previously appeared on two versions of a cassette called "In September", and a few new ones I recorded with my friend Joao Carvalho.

I've always had a bit of a complex relationship with this record, but with all of the personal baggage it comes with, I can't deny the impact it has had on my life and the meaning it had to a certain group of people in the mid 1990's.

For that, I've made the decision to briefly go back in time and celebrate the first songs I ever wrote with the release of a limited edition, double vinyl copy of Everything I Long For on April 1. The anniversary release is remastered from the original recordings and includes 5 rare demos and out-takes.

Pre-orders of the double-vinyl package, alongside other additional limited-edition merchandise recreated from the time, are now available through theHardwood Records online shop.

There will be an Everything I Long For 20th Anniversary tour through Ontario starting on April 2, with performances of many EILF songs rarely, or never, played live before. Tickets for these shows are on sale this week with ticket details on the Tour page.

Saturday, April 2 Wakefield, QC at The Black Sheep
Sunday, April 3 Peterborough, ON at Gordon Best Theatre
Monday, April 4 Kingston, ON at Grad Club
Thursday, April 7 Hamilton, ON at Dundas Montessori
Friday, April 8 Ridgeway, ON at The Sanctuary
Saturday, April 9 London, ON at Aeolian Hall
Monday, April 11 Waterloo, ON at Starlight
Tuesday, April 12 Owen Sound, ON at Heartwood Concert Hall
Wednesday, April 13 Creemore, ON at Avening Hall
Friday, April 15 Toronto, ON at Trinity-St Paul's United Church

Well done Dan.

I didn't see where it said the number that it was limited to, just that it was limited. Where did you find that?

On the page where you buy the LPs:  

The 20th Anniversary edition of Hayden's debut album features 5 bonus tracks, including "Original Recipes", "I Almost Cried", "Trees Lounge (demo)", "Bad As They Seem (demo)", and "Recipes (out-takes)".

This album is a double LP, and limited to 1000 numbered copies. It is pressed on 180 gram white vinyl. Digital download is included (both .MP3 and .WAV formats available for download).

Thanks! Hopefully this sounds better than Us Alone and Hey Love. Those are two of the noisiest LP's I own.

Those two LPs you report as noisy LPs were from Last Gang Arts & Crafts (thanks for the fix dartmike). I haven't even heard the music from either of those, never mind the vinyl, as Hayden's earlier work really resonates with me.

This is on Hardwood Records. Their numbered RSD pressing of The Closer I Get was a quality pressing, so I have high hopes for this as well. Side note: They could easily press another 500 of The Closer I Get... was kind of difficult to find that one when released and is now quite scarce again.

Those two LPs you report as noisy LPs were from Last Gang. I haven't even heard the music from either of those, never mind the vinyl, as Hayden's earlier work really resonates with me.

This is on Hardwood Records. Their numbered RSD pressing of The Closer I Get was a quality pressing, so I have high hopes for this as well. Side note: They could easily press another 500 of The Closer I Get... was kind of difficult to find that one when released and is now quite scarce again.

I think you mean Arts & Crafts.

I didn't find Us Alone and Hey Love as being noisy as much as I found them to be sort of quiet - which I suppose, when you turn them up more, adds a bit of noise. 

Either way, I'm just really relieved that EILF isn't an RSD exclusive. The Closer I Get was, and even though the store I ended up going to had a box of copies, it was my only real want that year and I was so worried about not getting one. I also couldn't resist getting a Oh Hayden t-shirt...

Sweet, gonna try and get Toronto tickets. Hopefully they'll have this at the merch table.

Somewhere on social media Hayden confirmed that copies will be available at the shows. I assume he's putting a decent number of the 1000 aside for the merch table - so I think you'll be good if you get tickets to the Toronto show.

• 3 weeks later...