PO Now: Hayden - Everything I Long For (20th Anniversary) 2LP

• 2 weeks later...

For those outside of North America who couldn't preorder, one of my local shops appears to have copies of this available for sale online, and I just tested and it seems that they can ship all over the world ($20 CAD for int'l shipping surface mail, which is accurate as to how much it actually costs). 

https://junerecords.com/vinyl-rock-and-pop-alternative-rock-hayden-everything-i-long-for-(20th-anniversary-edition-lp)/dp/91871# 

I can definitely vouch for this store - some great titles available in their inventory too.

For those outside of North America who couldn't preorder, one of my local shops appears to have copies of this available for sale online, and I just tested and it seems that they can ship all over the world ($20 CAD for int'l shipping surface mail, which is accurate as to how much it actually costs). 

https://junerecords.com/vinyl-rock-and-pop-alternative-rock-hayden-everything-i-long-for-(20th-anniversary-edition-lp)/dp/91871# 

I can definitely vouch for this store - some great titles available in their inventory too.

Thank you... But that link seems that it does not work!.. Damn

Whenever there is a new release like this I check Discogs to see what people are trying to flip it for.  This guy though....some next level flippage. Sheesh. 

A kind, generous soul has taken pity on the folks who missed out and put a second copy up for sale on discogs for a steal of a price - $117cad!

No need to get ripped off by the other guy trying to flip one of his copies.

Anyway, this album is so good! Anyone heading to the Dundas show? Toronto show?

I'm waiting for the "coming soon" to change to "add to cart" on the Hayden website.

According to the guys running the Hayden FB page, the online store will only have copies available if any are left from the merchandise booths at the end of the EILF tour.

This fact was pretty poorly advertised as I was refreshing the online web store page every minute on Friday! Sucks!

I'm going to the Toronto show. If I can find a copy, I will let folks know on this and perhaps figure out a fair way to allocate it to someone (for cost) - not promising anything now, but will see what I can do. If I make it to a local record store that still has them in stock, same thing goes. 

I'm going to the Toronto show. If I can find a copy, I will let folks know on this and perhaps figure out a fair way to allocate it to someone (for cost) - not promising anything now, but will see what I can do. If I make it to a local record store that still has them in stock, same thing goes.

Thanks!!!

I managed to get a copy of the vinyl and the dropbox card that comes with it, although it doesn't really identify them as such, offers two versions of the album. The first options are .mp3 but underneath them are 24/96 high resolution wave files.

Joao did a really nice remastering job here just based on the 24/96 digital downloads, definitely retained the full dynamics found in the original release and there isn't any heavy-handed loudness wars mastering found on here. Looks like a great release all round.

Only thing I'm concerned about is pressing @ United, their QC is pathetic. Hopefully my copy is nicely centered and quiet, if so then I'm sure everything else about it will be ace bananas.

Only found time to listen to the first two tracks so far and unfortunately, although properly centred, my copy is very noisy. Not surface noise, but pops/ticks and the blame for that lies squarely at URP's feet.

On the second listening, I noticed pops on side B as well.  All other sides were clean and not noisey. Just like 2 songs on side B.

A question for some of the folks who've seen him on this tour: is there an opener or is it just him? I ask because I'm seeing him this Friday in Toronto with my wife. We're leaving our 10 week old daughter at our in-laws for the duration of the show, but kind of want to make sure it's not a disaster for our daughter by being out too long. Any insights as to how long the other shows were would be pretty helpful for scheduling!

A question for some of the folks who've seen him on this tour: is there an opener or is it just him? I ask because I'm seeing him this Friday in Toronto with my wife. We're leaving our 10 week old daughter at our in-laws for the duration of the show, but kind of want to make sure it's not a disaster for our daughter by being out too long. Any insights as to how long the other shows were would be pretty helpful for scheduling!

Just him. Started on right time as well. Went to the show in Dundas, if it makes any difference.