Now: Josh Ritter - So Runs the World Away (Repress, White 180gram)

Josh Ritter's 2010 album So Runs the World Away has been re-pressed on 180gram white vinyl. Unlike the original pressing on black (which I don't believe is OOP), this pressing includes a download code rather than a CD copy of the album. It's a great album, pick it up if you don't have a copy!

$18 + shipping: https://joshritter.merchtable.com/music/vinyl/so-runs-the-world-away-vinyl-lp

I have the black press and I'm happy enough with just that. Love the album but don't need two copies of it, like you said above. +black > white. REALLLLY disappointed with 'Sermon on the rocks', so now this makes me want to listen to old Josh Ritter.

Going to see him on Sunday in philly, hope he plays half old shit, otherwise I'll be sad.

I have the black press and I'm happy enough with just that. Love the album but don't need two copies of it, like you said above. +black > white. REALLLLY disappointed with 'Sermon on the rocks', so now this makes me want to listen to old Josh Ritter.

Going to see him on Sunday in philly, hope he plays half old shit, otherwise I'll be sad.

I didn't mind Sermon (though I detest its cover). It was to me leaps and bounds better than Beast, which I thought had the wrong tone for him. Sermon had a couple of misfires, but I really do like more than half the songs on the album (My Man On a Horse is Here is probably the weakest in all of his catalogue to date, give or take).

He started his tour in Toronto last night. Up until then, I hadn't missed a Toronto date in 13 years (though for the Beast tour I caught him in Hamilton), but I have a two week old at home, and the thought of staying up past 9pm is even making me tired right now...

I didn't mind Sermon (though I detest its cover). It was to me leaps and bounds better than Beast, which I thought had the wrong tone for him. Sermon had a couple of misfires, but I really do like more than half the songs on the album (My Man On a Horse is Here is probably the weakest in all of his catalogue to date, give or take).

I agree with pretty much all of this. I think the highs on Sermon (Where the Night Goes, Homecoming, Cumberland, Young Moses) are just as high as previous albums but the lows (Seeing Me Round, My Man On a Horse) are lower.

He started his tour in Toronto last night. Up until then, I hadn't missed a Toronto date in 13 years (though for the Beast tour I caught him in Hamilton), but I have a two week old at home, and the thought of staying up past 9pm is even making me tired right now...

The show was excellent, but I think it is safe to say you didn't miss out on his best. If that offers any peace of mind :)

Prepare to be sad then. I saw him on the second date of his tour in Dallas and I think he played almost every song off the new album. However, it should hopefully change your perspective on that album. All of them sounded fantastic

Prepare to be sad then. I saw him on the second date of his tour in Dallas and I think he played almost every song off the new album. However, it should hopefully change your perspective on that album. All of them sounded fantastic

At the show now, here's hoping for a great show! New album definitely has to grow on me and im sure hearing it live will help with that.

I wasn't a big fan of Sermons either, but I started playing it for my three year old daughter and she loves it and loves to dance to it, particularly Getting Ready to Get Down (which she can recognize before the first bar ends) & Cumberland.  He has a daughter about my daughter's age and I have to believe his desire to create something his daughter could appreciate on a pure upbeat/dance/fun level influenced the record.  There are still some songs I don't like much, but my experience has given me at least an appreciation for what he was going for.

How was the show? Did it help to change your mind about Sermon?

I enjoyed it pretty well. He did play most of the new album, which did sound a lot better live than on the album, so it was a pleasant surprise. He also played a few from Beasts (certain light and new lover), Animals and So Runs. His first encore song was The Curse, which is my absolute all time favorite by him, so any bum songs I didn't care for during the show were completely forgotten when he played it, so I walked about with a big smile on my face. As for Sermon I'd definitely bump it up a mark or two from what I had it at.