Kanye West - The Life of Pablo

nardes

3 minutes ago, Green Tea Papi said:

Yeah I 100% get it. But in a way it's a catch 22 because in a collectors market and there's a place for bootlegs especially when there's no alternative in site. One could argue that in a collectors market discogs is just working as a buying and selling platform, and shouldn't been held responsible for what their buyers and sellers do as long as it isn't scamming (giving someone a boot when they thought they were getting an OP) at the same time copywrite when it comes to music is a huge deal so I get why they're doing this.

I don't know in my head I feel it's a bit silly becuase to my knowledge these items could easily be sold on ebay, so why is one held responsible and the other not? 

(hopefully I articulated my point well)

When someone sales on eBay they create their own listing and then people find it and can buy it. There is no regulation, since eBay can't check every single item listed, so when it is posted unless someone complains about a specific item it is not gonna be taken down.

Discogs is a defined marketplace. You list your records specifically for what they are on the specific release. This means if it is a bootleg it is going to be sold on a release that is specified as a bootleg. That makes it copyright infringing so when Discogs receives a request to block an album's sale it is simple as all they have to do is block the "Unofficial Bootleg" release variant.

Still haven't gotten my replacement (Atlanta and ordered the first day)

I finally heard back this morning:

Hi Cory,

We finally received more than 2-3 replacements and will send the
remaining exchange C/D records out in a special shipping shift this
Sunday :)

Thanks for your patience!!

Cheers,

Frauke of Vinyl Digital

Legitimately funny how they try to pretend they're getting small shipments in.  Have they not seen their name everywhere on internets in regards to these boots?  A for effort, VD.

Also, last records I got from them (A$AP) had stupid VinDig stickers on the back which nicely tore the sleeve when I tried to remove it from both.  Not that they're nice sleeves me or anything.

I got this response a few weeks ago 

thank you very much for your order!

I'm really sorry to hear that the record has arrived in a bad shape :/  Sadly I can't offer you an exchange because all our copies are out of stock.. :/ 
Of course we will offer a full refund if you return the record to us.

After the link was posted, I sent that over to them and got this reply

Yes, it is back available now.

We will send out a replacement for you this Sunday.

2 minutes ago, elvismcvegas said:

They don't even have a listing for kanye west's life of pablo anymore. Also I noticed they had the correct cover art listed for the album again, I bought another copy in the hopes that it would have the correct cover. DAT ASS.

Oh wow. Weird. I had both in my cart on Saturday night, and only checked and saw Views was taken down. I wonder if it sold out that fast, or if they were asked to take it down,

8 hours ago, Giekorock said:

Oh wow. Weird. I had both in my cart on Saturday night, and only checked and saw Views was taken down. I wonder if it sold out that fast, or if they were asked to take it down,

Yeah, that's really weird. From what I've seen, usually if they sell out of something they leave it on the site as unavailable. Then you can add it to your wantlist and get notifications when it's back in stock. I'm thinking they didn't sell out of them that quickly, but who knows.

Still haven't received my replacement C/D and I got shipping confirmation on April 25th.  Emailed them for a second time since then yesterday and they said:

"Hi Adam,

thank you very much for your order!

I'm really sorry to hear that you still haven't received the replacement. 

We've shipped the replacement on the 25th of April through DHL and USPS.
Please contact your local post office. 

Sometimes parcels are stored there withtout any proper notification :/ 

In case you wouldn't receive the parcel within the next week we will get a 3rd shippped.

Cheers and kind regards, 
Caro of Vinyl Digital Team"

So yeah...

Edited by FiggyPuddling

On June 2, 2016 at 10:29 PM, elvismcvegas said:

They don't even have a listing for kanye west's life of pablo anymore. Also I noticed they had the correct cover art listed for the album again, I bought another copy in the hopes that it would have the correct cover. DAT ASS.

The replacement copies they sent me were still wrong cover :/

So I did some digging on Discogs and several users said they picked up a clear vinyl version from HHV and it does actually have Fade, instead of Facts twice. Was bout $28 with shipping to the US. 

http://www.hhv.de/shop/en/item/kanye-west-the-life-of-pablo-clear-vinyl-edition-469224?p=ChZrKH

On June 5, 2016 at 6:21 PM, DOWORKDESIGN said:

So I did some digging on Discogs and several users said they picked up a clear vinyl version from HHV and it does actually have Fade, instead of Facts twice. Was bout $28 with shipping to the US. 

http://www.hhv.de/shop/en/item/kanye-west-the-life-of-pablo-clear-vinyl-edition-469224?p=ChZrKH

Anyone else able to vouch for this? Also with 18 tracks its probably old Wolves on it without Sia and Vic yeah?

Edited by biodigitaljazz

19 minutes ago, biodigitaljazz said:

Original versions of songs all pretty much pale in comparison to their new versions except Famous. Ah well it's still the original release on bootleg so that's cool. I'll try to get this!

Original Feedback 100x better, they cut the balls off it when they did the revamped version