Pokemon Trade and Discussion Thread

Le Gogh

Feel free to post in here if you want to talk Pokemon. If you want to trade anything from any of the games, please try and post the following so we can keep a bit of order:

What game you're using (e.g. Red/Blue), what you'd like, and what you have to offer.

If people aren't comfortable giving out gamertags/Nintendo ID's on here publicly then PM each other with them.

Ready to train!!

I'll be playing red / blue / yellow / omega ruby  / and Y  mostly in the near future. (until moon releases)

PM me for my NNID

tumblr_inline_n4hwfaC0qD1r4lvra.gif

and here's some useful information for the "gotta catch 'em all" crowd

Differences Between the The Three Versions

Pokemon Not available in Red version: Sandshrew, Sandslash, Meowth, Persian, Bellsprout, Weepinbell,Victreebel, Vulpix, Ninetales, Pinsir, Magmar. 

Pokemon Not available in Blue Version: Ekans, Arbok, Mankey, Primeape, Oddish, Gloom, Vileplume, Growlithe, Arcanine, Scyther, Electabuzz

Pokemon Not available in Yellow Version: Weedle, Kakuna, Beedrill, Ekans, Arbok, Raichu, Meowth, Persian, Koffing, Weezing, Jynx, Magmar Electabuzz

Oh man! That's some good info, I wasn't sure what wasn't available in yellow.

Think I'm going with Yellow for now. I had Blue when they originally came out, and I always wanted Yellow. Plus, I'm not sure how long I can stare at 2 shades of green these days!

Hyped for this, I gotta admit that this is probably where my love of "collecting" came from!

Oh man! That's some good info, I wasn't sure what wasn't available in yellow.

Think I'm going with Yellow for now. I had Blue when they originally came out, and I always wanted Yellow. Plus, I'm not sure how long I can stare at 2 shades of green these days!

Hyped for this, I gotta admit that this is probably where my love of "collecting" came from!

Yellow is the best because pikachu follows you everywhere! 

Catch-Zapdos-in-Pokemon-Yellow-Step-1.jp

wow no mention of Emerald being the greatest Pokemon game I am disappoint VC

But have you played Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire? 3rd Gen with 6th Gen graphics = Best Pokémon game

I haven't played anything since Black/White, but having played all the ones prior, I can safely say Emerald is the best of that set of games.

Played Blue originally, then Yellow, and a little of Emerald....just picked up Omega Ruby, so I'll be asking around for some NNIDs.

Anyone overseas that needs some of the gamestop exclusives let me know too! 

"– February: Mew (GameStop)

– March: Celebi (Nintendo Network)
– April: Jirachi (Nintendo Network)
– May: Darkrai (GameStop)
– June: Manaphy (Nintendo Network)
– July: Shaymin (Nintendo Network)
– August: Arceus (GameStop)
– September: Victini (Nintendo Network)
– October: Keldeo (Nintendo Network)
– November: Genesect (GameStop)

– December: Meloetta (Nintendo Network)"

Ok, so I wanna make sure I'm not missing a trick here. But I'm of the understanding that you can't actually trade in R/B/Y unless its locally - like in the originals? If not, they really missed a trick here because online trade really would have opened this up. Unless I'm missing something and you can export to Pokemon Bank and trade with others from there?

Ok, so I wanna make sure I'm not missing a trick here. But I'm of the understanding that you can't actually trade in R/B/Y unless its locally - like in the originals? If not, they really missed a trick here because online trade really would have opened this up. Unless I'm missing something and you can export to Pokemon Bank and trade with others from there?

I think that's what people were saying before.

(The bank thing)

I believe it is only local trade, which kinda sucks, but I think they wanted to keep the old school vibe of pokémon. As far as bank goes, they said you'll be able to send your pokémon from R/B/Y to Sun and Moon, but that's it.