Muncie Girls - From Caplan to Belsize

matt

wait i live in Muncie, Indiana... is this band from here?

They're from the UK. I'm fairly confident the name is taken from 'The Hudsucker Proxy', which if anyone hasn't seen it, I highly suggest you do. All of the Coen Brothers back catalogue for that matter.

This group is really great either way. Excited to hear this.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I'm wondering as well because the e-mail that went out saying they "should receive the vinyl in 10 days" went out on 3/30. Delays happen so I'm sure they'll come in, but with the era of delays that were in, I find it best not to put a timeframe on when they will come in and just say "we will ship them as soon as we receive them."

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

got a email the other day with a explanation of whats going on from Matt

Hey everyone, 

I'd like to start off by thanking you all for your extreme patience during the delays in the record pressing process. I understand how frustrating this is to have to continue wait while things are corrected. This has been a very unfortunate situation for myself and the band and was never intended to take this long. I want to send my sincere apologies for the delays that have transpired and appreciate that no one has taken this out of the band. I'm very proud to work with such a group of amazing individuals. 

To give a better idea of what has transpired on the manufacturing side of things, we setup this record with our pressing plant of 5+ years and were told along the way that the records would be done by our due date. Those dates came and went and were told it was the clog of Record Store Day titles that were coming through. However, after being told several times this would be completed a month and a half after release date we were no longer able to get in touch with the plant. Later we were finally notified that the plant was sold and all remaining orders were not being completed and we would have to wait on getting our money back for orders placed. This certainly put a lot of strain on finding a new place, getting the parts moved, and looking at solutions. 

Finally, we did move this title along with others to a new plant but that has put us in the queue behind orders placed ahead of us. After all is said and done we do have a ship date of 9/16 from the new pressing plant and are excited to get these records into your hands. 

I realize there's a lot to take in and understand that this isn't necessarily your problem but I did want to come up with a way to thank everyone for standing by and their patience while this is sorted. When packages go out I will include randomly inserted test presses, a special slip cover only available to those who pre-ordered, another record from our catalog, a coupon for 25% off a future order, and a copy of the From Caplan to Belsize CD. 

I hope that this helps clear the air and will suffice as my humblest apology. I've been incredibly fortunate to be able to work on this record with the band and a great team behind it. I thank you all for supporting them and being part of an amazing record. 

Please let me know if you have any questions or if you need me to update your address. 

• 2 months later...