Pvris: Acoustic 10" EP

Han Solo

Apparently this was released a few hours ago and sold out almost immediately. I check their US, UK, and Canadian store with no luck. It seems the only place these are still in stock is on the Australian store. Shipping was a real bitch. People on Facebook were mentioning they had problems checking out on the US store so there's a chance the 'out of stock' notification could be a glitch.  

10rljl1.jpg

https://store.maniacsonline.com.au/products/acoustic-coloured-vinyl

Edited by Han Solo

1 hour ago, underwaterzoo said:

Damn that’s way more expensive than the US store.

It’s funny the US, Canada and EU stores are all somewhat in-line with pricing, then the Australian store is almost three times the US price (plus crazy shipping) - no wonder it was the only one that didn’t sell out. 

Surprise! 3rd pressing of our Acoustic EP is here.  White splatter 10 inch limited to 500 worldwide. Never to be pressed again in this color. Order: http://smarturl.it/PVRISAcoustic

Reading the bands tweet, it looks as though there could well be further pressings at some point in the future. 

• 5 months later...

I’m guessing the fact they continually repress this in a new color variant every few months after the previous one sells out is going to eventually bring some of those eBay prices down to Earth.

The band/label seems determined to meet demand without people resorting to the secondary market, which is nice. 

Just now, underwaterzoo said:

Normally I’d agree, but it goes for at least double that on discogs or eBay, so I’m jumping on it.

Yeah, but that logic is so transparent in this case. They are willing to keep it available, which is evident from the various represses. But instead of helping out the fans who missed out, they're taking advantage of the secondary market and cashing in on the demand. Wasn't the last repress $20? And the original pressing  $15? $25 is still absurd for a 4-song 10". And that's even more evident when you see that you can get each full length for cheaper. So sure, it's good for you cause you're ultimately spending less. Flipping is shitty.  But so is that price. 

37 minutes ago, The Saint said:

Yeah, but that logic is so transparent in this case. They are willing to keep it available, which is evident from the various represses. But instead of helping out the fans who missed out, they're taking advantage of the secondary market and cashing in on the demand. Wasn't the last repress $20? And the original pressing  $15? $25 is still absurd for a 4-song 10". And that's even more evident when you see that you can get each full length for cheaper. So sure, it's good for you cause you're ultimately spending less. Flipping is shitty.  But so is that price. 

Oh yeah, I’m not denying that.  But if I can get it for half the price of flipped copies, I’ll do it. But only because this is one of my favorite bands, I probably wouldn’t otherwise. I definitely see what you’re saying though.

• 2 months later...
On 8/31/2018 at 12:26 PM, robinsoncano said:

looks like its gone already.

so happy i decided not to collect pvris stuff. this is a nightmare for variant collectors.