Pinback - Blue Screen Life reissue

Picked up an original copy of this on blue wax from eBay today. NM condition on vinyl and jacket, for $60. Even with the reissue coming out I figured that was a pretty solid deal. Does anyone know anything about the sound quality on the originals? All Pinback's other stuff sounds fantastic on vinyl but this is an older pressing...

Damn, good score.

I've read comments from someone on here about not liking the quality, but I've had a plain black for a few years that sounds great. Can't speak for any of the colored variants but I've always been happy with it. Great score on your part, I'd say!

Yeah, not sure what those comments are all about. I have all three variants and they sound great. Keep in mind, this is about a 50 min album cut on two LPs - could have easily been crammed on one LP.

Yeah, not sure what those comments are all about. I have all three variants and they sound great. Keep in mind, this is about a 50 min album cut on two LPs - could have easily been crammed on one LP.

Good to know. Can't wait to get this in my hands and have their discography complete. Though I've been a Pinback fan for a long time I never got around to their first album or BSL until a couple years ago. And they just get better and better with each listen.

First and other early pressings always seem to retain their value despite reissues, in my experience. And with the deal you got, even if they go down in value you're still ok.

Yeah I figure there aren't too many NM copies of it around anyway. Still glad I grabbed it. Thanks for the reassurance.

• 2 weeks later...

Cannot wait to snag the new variant. It def sounds like the coolest looking colorway yet!

Here's my BSL collection.

MFu4eRk.jpg

One of my biggest concert regrets is not chatting with Rob and Zach after I saw them on the 10th anniversary summer in Abaddon tour and getting stuff signed and whatnot. Who knows if the two of them will do more Pinback work/tour.

• 3 weeks later...

I think last year 1400ish stores participated. If there's 1500 copies you should be able to grab one just about anywhere. I'm lucky to live in a big city where there is a record store in any direction, so if the day comes and anyone needs me to grab you a copy I'd be happy to help out.

There's a good chance my local won't have BSL on Saturday, so If you (or anyone) are able to get an extra, It'd make me a happy boy

One of my biggest concert regrets is not chatting with Rob and Zach after I saw them on the 10th anniversary summer in Abaddon tour and getting stuff signed and whatnot. Who knows if the two of them will do more Pinback work/tour.

They were very approachable. Good guys. Both signed my copy of Some Voices 10" too.

this is a real dumbass thing to go and say but if anyone gets their hands on a second copy of this, let me know. local places didnt have it.

edit: found a leftover copy today at the portsmouth nh bullmoose  :D thank you so much to those of you who shot me messages. you guys are rock stars

I'm hoping I'll be able to snag this online tomorrow. Is that a pipe dream?

Shouldn't be impossible, this repress is being hyped by VC for the most part. I didn't see any fellow collectors from outside these boards caring about it.

Besides, this album got a standard repress not too long ago. It wouldn't be a total surprise to see it happen again in a couple months.

Shouldn't be impossible, this repress is being hyped by VC for the most part. I didn't see any fellow collectors from outside these boards caring about it.

Besides, this album got a standard repress not too long ago. It wouldn't be a total surprise to see it happen again in a couple months.

I think this has only been pressed in 01 when it came out and now. But I agree that it won't be hard to get once leftovers are put up and hype dies down.

I think this has only been pressed in 01 when it came out and now. But I agree that it won't be hard to get once leftovers are put up and hype dies down.

2000 copies of S/T were pressed for RSD 2014 and it still sells for decent money...granted, that was also the first/only time it was pressed on vinyl. Has me worried that Blue Screen Life, which is more accessible to the casual fan (Penelope) might be hard to snag without a flipper markup.

2000 copies of S/T were pressed for RSD 2014 and it still sells for decent money. Has me worried that Blue Screen Life, which is more accessible to the casual fan (Penelope) might be hard to snag without a flipper markup.

yeah that's true. I know the self titled were around for a few weeks after, I bought one of about half a dozen copies at my local when it came out, but I suppose BSL is a little more on the up and up for casual listeners