PO Converge - You Fail Me - 10 year Aniversary NOW

• 4 weeks later...

• 2 weeks later...
9 hours ago, hammertime said:

Did you get it from them?  Email them and they will send you a replacement ASAP.  I've noticed if I make a large order from them and it comes UPS it's usually packed well, but if I get one LP they throw it in one of those small mailers and it usually arrives with seam splits.

Not saying youre wrong but is that their official policy? I assume seem splits are a risk when ordering online. If every distro replaced LPs for seem splits, well... theyd be replacing a whole bunch of records.

" newburycomics.com will gladly accept returns on any defective item in its original condition within 30 days of the purchase date for a full refund. UNOPENED items may be returned within 30 days for a refund less shipping costs. newburycomics.com does not accept returns of any opened items or worn garments. We will replace defective merchandise with another copy of the same item. "

Unless I'm misinterpreting, I think they will exchange my defective copy for another.

39 minutes ago, mattisr1984 said:

Not saying youre wrong but is that their official policy? I assume seem splits are a risk when ordering online. If every distro replaced LPs for seem splits, well... theyd be replacing a whole bunch of records.

Not if they packed their shit properly.  I usually suck it up when I get seam splits from them (or anywhere else), but I've had a couple instances where it's really bad, like it was bad before they packed it, and they've always been cool about sending me a replacement (and paying me to ship the shitty one back to them).

• 2 months later...

I could be wrong...but as far as I recall, the first F&F pressing that DW did was the 'Shards' for Axe To Fall. Others since include:

the red/gold swirl of Jane Doe repress

AWLWLB on clear

Blacklisted No One Deserves... on black (although this may have been an error pressing?)

Converge Live at BBC on clear

Touche Amore Parting the Sea... on clear

Touche Amore Is Survived By on clear

There may be others perhaps?

On 8/28/2016 at 2:58 PM, CrimsonLies said:

" newburycomics.com will gladly accept returns on any defective item in its original condition within 30 days of the purchase date for a full refund. UNOPENED items may be returned within 30 days for a refund less shipping costs. newburycomics.com does not accept returns of any opened items or worn garments. We will replace defective merchandise with another copy of the same item. "

Unless I'm misinterpreting, I think they will exchange my defective copy for another.

Good God. If you're going to start playing the "defective item" card on the happenstance of seems splitting during transit you're going to be a very miserable person if you continue purchasing records through mail order. The product inside that packaging is a record. Its meant to be spun on a turntable and have a phonographic needle dragged through it. If that record doesn't work properly then that's a defective item. If you've got a little seem splitting on a sealed record that traveled across state lines, that's collateral damage and is in keeping with likelihood of the laws of physics coming into play when a plastic disc (sharp or blunt) is jostled about inside of a square paper and card stock packaging.

2 hours ago, jhulud said:

I could be wrong...but as far as I recall, the first F&F pressing that DW did was the 'Shards' for Axe To Fall. Others since include:

the red/gold swirl of Jane Doe repress

AWLWLB on clear

Blacklisted No One Deserves... on black (although this may have been an error pressing?)

Converge Live at BBC on clear

Touche Amore Parting the Sea... on clear

Touche Amore Is Survived By on clear

There may be others perhaps?

I have axe to fall on clear but I think it's a tour pressing?

41 minutes ago, Rottengoth said:

I would buy the Black Friday bundle if I didn't already buy EVERY deathwish release this year :( I really want that clear You Fail Me

I'm sure you could sell the rest of them for at or a little below cost without much problem. You'd take a bit of a hit, but dat clear doe

Edited by Bladewillisisdead

Sorry to derail this thread but it made me think of my 2010 copy of Jane Doe 2x12". 

There is a terrible skip during "Hell To Pay" and just wondered if anyone else experienced that or could recommend alternate pressings without skipping issues.  I don't care about ltd editions and colours, just the best sound. Makes it bloody hard to sell second hand because you know it's defective. Nearly pulled my hair out trying different VTF & bias settings etc before concluding it definitely wasn't set up related, as well as the fact no other record in my collection of over 300 LPs skips. My system is not entry level

1 hour ago, ScaleTheInferno said:

Sorry to derail this thread but it made me think of my 2010 copy of Jane Doe 2x12". 

There is a terrible skip during "Hell To Pay" and just wondered if anyone else experienced that or could recommend alternate pressings without skipping issues.  I don't care about ltd editions and colours, just the best sound. Makes it bloody hard to sell second hand because you know it's defective. Nearly pulled my hair out trying different VTF & bias settings etc before concluding it definitely wasn't set up related, as well as the fact no other record in my collection of over 300 LPs skips. My system is not entry level

I haven't heard of any problems with that pressing. My copy is fine. They just repressed it again on a few different colors, but I'm sure black is still available.