PO: case/lang/veirs (Neko Case, k.d. lang, Laura Veirs)

I may hold off on ordering this for a while. I want to hear more singles to be sure it's mostly Neko singing. Not that I necessarily dislike the other voices on here...I just love Neko. Plus I can see this doing an Amazon price drop down to like 16.99 or something.

I may hold off on ordering this for a while. I want to hear more singles to be sure it's mostly Neko singing. Not that I necessarily dislike the other voices on here...I just love Neko. Plus I can see this doing an Amazon price drop down to like 16.99 or something.

I'm sure she has the strongest voice of the three :)  I'm with you, but I'm sure I'll pick it up anyway.

Check out Year of Meteors or Saltbreakers by Laura Veirs. Excellent folky pop. She has a kind of voice that is not overly unique but perfect for the music she plays.

I'm very curious about this as I've listened to all 3 musicians independently. And I kind of think that while Veirs and Case are sort of similar (PacNW singer-songwriters that started on indie labels), kd lang is sort of old school - but not so different from either.

I dunno if you saw but the are playing the zoo this summer. Should be interesting.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
1 minute ago, sogross said:

Thought it was worth noting that Barnes & Noble will have this in translucent blue...

http://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/case-lang-veirs-neko-case/29846752?ean=0045778747399

CRAP! I hate Barnes and Noble. That is why I missed out on the clear Bowie record. I don't think this one will sell out like that one, though. Will have to think about it.

3 hours ago, hut hut hike said:

Just ordered the Barnes & Noble's exclusive blue version of this album.  Lucky timing, too...  They have a coupon code for 20% off your highest-priced item and a free upgrade to express shipping.  Enter BNLOVEDAD at checkout!  It's good June 13 & 14 only.  If you're gonna get the blue, do it now...

You probably should have mentioned you have to be a member to use this coupon:

This coupon code requires a valid B&N Membership. Already a Member? Add your Member number to your BN.com account.

I broke down and ordered the blue from B&N last night (along with the new night school, daydream nation and sister) and got my shipping confirmation, I'm going to try to stay strong and wait until I get it to hear it but I'm dying to hear new Neko, and the first single sounded great. Anyone get a copy yet? I'm curious for some SQ reviews

19 hours ago, NapalmBrain said:

Anyone get a copy yet?

My copy arrived Tuesday, but I've only given it two plays.  I absolutely love anything by Neko Case and Laura Veirs, so this record is naturally candy to my ears.  Opening song and closing one are my two favorite tracks as of now.

Anyone see Anti Records posted an orange variant of the record on their Twitter account?  No idea where to get one.  I'm happy enough with my blue, but here it is in case anyone is interested in pursuing further:

http://twitter.com/AntiRecords/status/743876801009639425

Edited by hut hut hike
added twitter link, fixed typo