6 lps for £15 !

To celebrate the fact that my lable is turning 19 this month were offering 12" lp and 10"records for £15 from my 3,000 strong distro/record store  boxes this is also to make room for some big records weve secretly been working on ...so you can now pick up some great  underground music on l.p for a great price cuz were nice like that(= http://www.constantrotation.bigcartel.com/product/6-lps-deal-for-15

colorvinyllp.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Seeing as I am in the UK, I tried this out. I got:

Mutation (10" compilation)

The Catharsis - Romance on green vinyl

Turtlehead - I Preferred Their Earlier Stuff (Picture disc)

Dead Cuts - Dark Is The Night on grey vinyl and on CD

The Mire / Chronos on 10" blue vinyl

The Mire / Chronos split amounts to 10 minutes a side and certainly isn't an LP. A CD isn't either. The Mutation comilation just about scrapes in length-wise.

When I replied to the confirmation email, it bounced straight back to me as undelieverable. The same address is on their website as contact details.

Whilst it cost me less than £20, I still didn't get what I paid for. I shall be letting Big Cartel know that oneof their users is a bit dodgy and (more importantly) uncontactable.

So you only got 5 items in the '6LPs for £15' deal and one of them was a CD?

I got six items. Three LPs, one 10" compilation (which length-wise just about falls outside of EP territory), one 10" EP (10 minutes per side) and a CD of one of the LPs (in a bit of cellophane with a piece of card inside - more a promo or a CD bundled with the vinyl than an actual CD release with a jewel case etc.)

• 2 weeks later...

i will mail you an extra record out as i'm not dodgy at all all the packs were sealed up already and contain what should be 6 records by a bunch of underground bands i cant say fairer than that ...my contact address is [email protected] as it states on the website x

The site has completely changed since I placed my order. There is now a contact form rather than an email address. The email address you have given above is not the one I received my confimation from. That was an aol address. I shall use the above address to get in contact.

Damn, I wonder who the guilty party is here...

I may not be the most well known person here but there are plenty of VCers who can vouch for me. I have nothing to hide.

The site has completely changed since I placed my order. There is now a contact form rather than an email address. The email address you have given above is not the one I received my confimation from. That was an aol address. I shall use the above address to get in contact.

I may not be the most well known person here but there are plenty of VCers who can vouch for me. I have nothing to hide.

I'm siding with you dawg. Homeboy got super defensive haha.

We changed the site as i've added more items to the store and a pressing info page  ....thats all ! ...i've ran this record lable since 1997 released over 120 records run a walk in record store ...none of us are guilty ...its human error ...i really cant say anything more ....

I have emailed you, so let's sort this out. Mistakes do happen but the thing that really concerns me from a customer's point of view is a non-functioning email address. That really makes people think something is off.

We changed the site as i've added more items to the store and a pressing info page ....thats all ! ...i've ran this record lable since 1997 released over 120 records run a walk in record store ...none of us are guilty ...its human error ...i really cant say anything more ....

No, you are guilty. I hope you send him 3LPs because you shorted him 3 not just 1. Don't be dodgy.

Cheers mate.