There Will Be Hell Toupée! (The Donald Trump Thread)

To a kid who has lived his whole life in Canada, American politics (presidential campaigns/races) is the funniest thing ever.  With the dems, at least their debates are focused on real issues, and remain civil.  But the GOP debates?  Holy shit.  How ANYONE can take any of those people seriously is beyond me.  WAY fucking beyond me.  It's like watching reality television. They walk onto the stage like it's wrestlemania or some shit, and proceed to yell and laugh at each other about nonsense for hours on end.  It looks like immature children who constantly have to get the last word in.   Then they say stupid shit like "We shouldn't have a president who doesn't begin his day with a prayer".  blah blah blah...

If Trump is elected, would any of you actually consider moving to Canada?  Or do you guys just say that?

I agree with what you're saying. As a Canadian who is generally news-savvy but not insanely political, I am always amazed when I see 'American-style' rhetoric in Canada. It happens to a much lesser degree, but it's still present here. Luckily, the way the government works in Canada in quite different. For example, federal governments are in charge of foreign affairs, military, immigration, etc. while provincial (or territorial) governments take care of things like healthcare, education, etc. So what it means is that when campaigning for Prime Minister, women's bodies are even less of an issue because there are fewer things that can be done to control them (though some parties may try). 

Don't get me wrong, I'm not pretending Canadian politics are perfect by any means. Most countries are plagued with issues, I just think that the US will have far more if Donald J Drumpf comes to power.

To a kid who has lived his whole life in Canada, American politics (presidential campaigns/races) is the funniest thing ever.  With the dems, at least their debates are focused on real issues, and remain civil.  But the GOP debates?  Holy shit.  How ANYONE can take any of those people seriously is beyond me.  WAY fucking beyond me.  It's like watching reality television. They walk onto the stage like it's wrestlemania or some shit, and proceed to yell and laugh at each other about nonsense for hours on end.  It looks like immature children who constantly have to get the last word in.   Then they say stupid shit like "We shouldn't have a president who doesn't begin his day with a prayer".  blah blah blah...

If Trump is elected, would any of you actually consider moving to Canada?  Or do you guys just say that?

Most people just say it. They were saying the same shit when Bush was going to win the election.

Here's a really good article I read on this topic though:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/posteverything/wp/2016/03/02/you-may-think-youll-move-if-trump-wins-but-heres-why-you-wont-really-do-it/

It seems a lot easier said than done. Granted I have never tried but I am getting to the point where I just want to fake my own death and go off the grid.

Did anyone else hear what Trump said last night:

"Look, Planned Parenthood has done very good work for many, many, for millions of women, and I’ll say it. And I know a lot of the so-called conservatives, they say that’s really...because I’m a conservative, but I’m a common sense conservative. But millions of women have been helped by Planned Parenthood.

But we’re not going to allow, and we’re not going to fund, as long as you have the abortion going on at Planned Parenthood, and we understand that. I’ve said it loud and clear....I’m going to be really good for women. I’m going to be good for women’s health issues. It’s very important to me."

You know your country is fucked when it went through 8 years of Bush Jr, then 8 with Obama, and now you're set to possibly have Hillary or Trump in office.

Real life... They're all lying scumbags who tell stories in hopes of winning you over. You can't vote for the lesser of two evils b/c there isn't one. We're fucked either way.

Did anyone else hear what Trump said last night:

"Look, Planned Parenthood has done very good work for many, many, for millions of women, and I’ll say it. And I know a lot of the so-called conservatives, they say that’s really...because I’m a conservative, but I’m a common sense conservative. But millions of women have been helped by Planned Parenthood.

But we’re not going to allow, and we’re not going to fund, as long as you have the abortion going on at Planned Parenthood, and we understand that. I’ve said it loud and clear....I’m going to be really good for women. I’m going to be good for women’s health issues. It’s very important to me."

That is the most Trump quote ever. He is the best.

"Okay look. You want to talk about a thing? I'll tell you about a thing. These other politicians won't tell you about a thing, they have special interest and big donors who won't let them talk about a thing. But this thing, I'll tell you, I've seen this thing, I've been around this thing and I know about this thing. And as President I am going to make this thing great again. We need to make this thing great again and we are going to make great things for everybody in this country!"

[rapturous applause]

I also think it's hilarious how he tries to be for the women, or whatever he thinks, but Clinton has done more for women's rights then he ever could. Also the ppl that stand in front of PP and yell and use fear to get what they want...that's technically terrorism so he supports domestic terrorists. So, good for him! Can we just have Obama for longer?

well he didn't denounce that kkk asshole so

he's just such a peach! Kind of guy you could toss back a few cold ones with and discuss shared hatred for other cultures and women's rights. Ya know, to make your night great again. You can see it all in my upcoming political thriller series called Things That Go Trump In the Night

Carson drops out..

but heres a good read.

According to Google trends, searches for “How to move to Canada” surged as Tuesday’s results came in. Simon Rogers, a data editor at Google, noted that the phrase’s search popularity had increased by 350 percent between 8 p.m. and midnight ET.

http://www.montrealgazette.com/news/world/real+winner+super+tuesday+canada+after+searches+98how+move+surge/11757280/story.html

To me this whole Trump thing is almost like an experiment on what American's really do think and want. Like that experiment where they gave people the option to shock people. And over half the people did shock the person with 450 volts. Are people saying he's really horrible and don't support his topics but really do support some of them silently? Who feels comfortable saying all illegals should be deported and all the other crap he's promoting? Probably not many. But maybe they're just shy on speaking what they really think in public and are voting for him anyway.

That's really the only explanation I can think of. The majority of conversations I hear and read think he's nuts. So where are all these supporters coming from?