There Will Be Hell Toupée! (The Donald Trump Thread)

To a kid who has lived his whole life in Canada, American politics (presidential campaigns/races) is the funniest thing ever.  With the dems, at least their debates are focused on real issues, and remain civil.  But the GOP debates?  Holy shit.  How ANYONE can take any of those people seriously is beyond me.  WAY fucking beyond me.  It's like watching reality television. They walk onto the stage like it's wrestlemania or some shit, and proceed to yell and laugh at each other about nonsense for hours on end.  It looks like immature children who constantly have to get the last word in.   Then they say stupid shit like "We shouldn't have a president who doesn't begin his day with a prayer".  blah blah blah...

If Trump is elected, would any of you actually consider moving to Canada?  Or do you guys just say that?

Considering I was born there I'd absolutely consider moving back if he is elected. Trump talked about the H-1B visa program, saying that he wanted to get rid of it. That program was instrumental in me being in this country. Saying that its for unskilled workers is fucking ridiculous, both of my parents had them. They're both pharmaceutical research scientists, so please explain to me how they're unskilled. Trump has gone to far, this really needs to end. 

I actually did move to Canada.  It started just as a student visa for university where I met my then future wife.  We were planning on moving to the US after school, but then Bush got elected, so we changed our mind and stayed here.  It was tough for a couple years after I finished school and before I got my landed immigrant status, but I have no regrets.

Considering I was born there I'd absolutely consider moving back if he is elected. Trump talked about the H-1B visa program, saying that he wanted to get rid of it. That program was instrumental in me being in this country. Saying that its for unskilled workers is fucking ridiculous, both of my parents had them. They're both pharmaceutical research scientists, so please explain to me how they're unskilled. Trump has gone to far, this really needs to end. 

The program he is referring to is the H-2B program for unskilled labor. I use these visas for my job and if he cut that program, hotels, landscapers, and contractors are fucked.

Shit is crazy. So scared that Trump and Hillary end up the nominees, and then Hillary gets indicted or something for this email shit, and we end up with President Trump.

Both are equally bad. There is no lesser of 2 evils between them.

ah, old onion. i remember the good old days before it was purchased by hillary's top donor and used to propagate propaganda.

I live in Madison, WI (original home of The Onion) and have been reading it for many, many years. Please explain exactly when this transaction occurred and how it impacted their writing?

ah, old onion. i remember the good old days before it was purchased by hillary's top donor and used to propagate propaganda.

Ah yes, just look at this blatant puff piece posted just yesterday: http://www.theonion.com/graphic/hillary-clintons-campaign-myth-vs-fact-52470

I live in Madison, WI (original home of The Onion) and have been reading it for many, many years. Please explain exactly when this transaction occurred and how it impacted their writing?

Univision, which is owned by 5 investment firms, one of which is run by Clinton's fourth-largest donor, bought a 40% stake in The Onion. A few weeks later, they ran one single pretty mild article poking fun at people not taking her accomplishments seriously, and now apparently they are bought-and-paid-for mouthpiece for the Clinton campaign. Internet mob outrage culture at its most exhausting. Not every dot forms a picture when connected.

Ah yes, just look at this blatant puff piece posted just yesterday: http://www.theonion.com/graphic/hillary-clintons-campaign-myth-vs-fact-52470

Univision, which is owned by 5 investment firms, one of which is run by Clinton's fourth-largest donor, bought a 40% stake in The Onion. A few weeks later, they ran one single pretty mild article poking fun at people not taking her accomplishments seriously, and now apparently they are bought-and-paid-for mouthpiece for the Clinton campaign. Internet mob outrage culture at its most exhausting. Not every dot forms a picture when connected.

I thought the "be more inspiring" article was pretty spot-on.  They go way easier on Bernie than they do on Clinton.

For comparison, here's the rest of the "propaganda":

http://www.theonion.com/article/clinton-aide-told-leave-behind-weak-volunteer-who--52354

http://www.theonion.com/article/clinton-tosses-unpledged-superdelegate-trunk-car-52461

http://www.theonion.com/article/clinton-credits-nevada-victory-inescapable-pitch-b-52396

http://www.theonion.com/article/hillary-clinton-issues-single-word-victory-speech--52456

sat·ire

ˈsaˌtī(ə)r/

noun

the use of humor, irony, exaggeration, or ridicule to expose and criticize people's stupidity or vices, particularly in the context of contemporary politics and other topical issues.

synonyms:

propaganda can be satirical. just because you don't think the onion can publish propaganda doesn't mean i deny its satirical roots.