There Will Be Hell Toupée! (The Donald Trump Thread)

heres the question, have illegal immigrants impacted any of you in any way?

I'm not a Trump supporter but what's racist about bringing more jobs back to the US and securing the border from illegal immigration?

¯\_(ツ)_/¯, on 18 Mar 2016 - 07:52 AM, said:snapback.png

that idea is not, in itself, racist, the proposal and rhetoric being used by Trump, is.

Yes, I truly believe. There's lots of dishonest people in the world. You think changing a few laws will turn everyone into good honest people throughout the world?

No but I think when you make it harder you're forcing people to do it the illegal way. The lower you make the barrier for things the easier it is for people to do it the proper way.

No but I think when you make it harder you're forcing people to do it the illegal way. The lower you make the barrier for things the easier it is for people to do it the proper way.

Correct, so make it super easy so our country can be more crowded and have even less jobs available etc?

I'm not saying I agree about a wall,but making things easy for immigrants won't help this country

I'm totally fine with immigrants coming into the country - its how this country was formed, but in my opinion they need to come in legally. Yes the current system sucks and should be addressed, but he is right an illegal immigrant is still illegal anyway you slice it.

The current system should be addressed/fixed, and the immigration laws should be enforced.

That is irrelevant. Do murderers impact your life in anyway?

It is ILLEGAL, no matter how you slice it.

yes, murderers have impacted my life, a couple ways.  

I am asking if anyone on here has been impacted by illegal immigrants, I am not trying to say illegal immigration is the right thing, more of trying to see if anyone who posts here is even aware of the impact of illegals that have negatively impacting their lives. I know illegal immigrants have not impacted my life in any way, I am also not aware of who is/isnt legal status.

Correct, so make it super easy so our country can be more crowded and have even less jobs available etc?

I'm not saying I agree about a wall,but making things easy for immigrants won't help this country

can you show me data supporting immigrants taking jobs away from native applicants?  or are you just making assumptions that happens?

interesting theory out right now;

Trump wins nomination

Clinton wins nomination

GOP gets 3rd candidate in race

no candidate wins enough electoral votes to win (270+)

Congress votes to elect president (12th amendment)

GOP 3rd candidate wins election due to GOP controlled house

Mitt Romney/Marco Rubio 2016.

The whole illegal immigration thing seems like such a smoke-screen issue.

If your job is in danger of being taken by an uneducated, non-english speaker, a fence isn't going to solve your problems. If people were really worried about it, they would go after the employers using defacto slave labor.

It's just a convenient scapegoat to avoid addressing the real job issues in the US.

The reality is that efficiencies put us in a place where it takes fewer people to produce all the stuff and services that all the people need. People cling to full time employment for various reasons, but health insurance is a big one. Decouple healthcare services from employment and see what happens. You may find that the free market solves the problem by eroding the 40 hour work week.

Ironic, considering we are a nation of immigrants. Immigrants built this country.

The world was a pretty different place in 1900. America was being developed, the industrial revolution was in full swing, and we needed labor.

Now that we are a developed country for the most part, there isn't a need for an indefinite amount of labor. We actually need to go in the other direction or we are going to destroy the planet -- produce less, consume less, and do things in a smarter, more environmentally friendly way. The skills the illegal immigrants bring don't help us in this direction. The legal ones frequently do, though.

The skills the illegal immigrants bring don't help us in this direction. The legal ones frequently do, though.

I truly don't mean this in an offensive way to you, thebiglebowski, in any way, and I'm not saying there needs to more immigration (I think it's a very complex answer with no straightforward answer).

BUT, that statement is very uninformed, ignorant, and around the wrong company could be quite offensive.

As a Manager at several different workplaces in several different industries, and as a data collection manager for the government regarding immigrants and their education the idea that they are all (or even as a majority) unskilled laborers is simply incorrect.

The reason they end up in all of the unskilled jobs is not that they themselves are unskilled, but that their education does not correlate/is not recognized in north america.  The majority of the immigrants I've worked with or surveyed had skills to offer that our over regulated industries would not accept.  Please know that I'm not saying that regulations should be relaxed, again it's a very complex issue without a straightforward answer.

EDIT: I still feel like this is worded too strongly, it's really not flamebait or an invitation to argue.  I just truly think that many people are misinformed when it comes to this point.  There are tons of Doctors, Engineers, Scientists, etc, that drive cabs, own gas stations, and work at corner stores because their education is not recognized and they don't have the means to go through school again.

I do not want healthcare separated from workplace. We had to use the marketplace for healthcare this last year for a period and it was more expensive, did less for us, and we are still waiting for forms to do our taxes. My experience with it has been a mess.

Healthcare for us worked a lot better provided by the workplace.

I do not want healthcare separated from workplace. We had to use the marketplace for healthcare this last year for a period and it was more expensive, did less for us, and we are still waiting for forms to do our taxes. My experience with it has been a mess.

Your inconvenience < Somebody else's life or death situation

so talk to your employer, THEY made the choice to not provide you healthcare, not the government.

I always wonder if companies who "can no longer offer health insurance because of ACA" are passing the savings on to their employees.

The company I work for (a large health insurance company) pays about $385 per single employee on our group plan. I would expect that number to be higher for a smaller non-health insurance company. If a company simply stops offering coverage, the right thing to do would be to pass their saving on to the employee to offset their new burden, but I think a lot of places just pocket it.

Your inconvenience < Somebody else's life or death situation

Um what?

I said nothing about anyone else's life or death situation.

I said my personal opinion, I'd rather continue getting insurance through the employer. Which we do again.

My experience (and a lot of other people's too) with the marketplace is a mess. Thats all.

I'm fine with there being a marketplace, but I don't want to be forced to use it.

Um what?

I said nothing about anyone else's life or death situation.

I said my personal opinion, I'd rather continue getting insurance through the employer. Which we do again.

My experience (and a lot of other people's too) with the marketplace is a mess. Thats all. Don't twist what I said.

Getting rid of ACA means that people who were "uninsurable" before ACA would be back with no insurance which is, in some cases, a death sentance.

Single payor addresses the problem better than just going back to the way things were pre-ACA.