There Will Be Hell Toupée! (The Donald Trump Thread)

7 hours ago, WAXXX said:

well, they do take half my money, so there's that. however, to take everything they either have to convince all citizens to give them absolute trust or go full totalitarian.

i'll admit it's increasingly disturbing at the rate people are willing to put their full trust in the government, but in reality we have a long way to go. half the population isn't as stupid as the other half.

I think I've asked you about this before, but could you elaborate on this "half my money" statement?  20-30%?  I could believe it.  but 50%?  I'm not sure how much of that is income tax, property tax, sales tax, or hyperbole tax

I'm not asking for a tax return or anything (if Trump doesn't need to release his to become the Rep nominee for President, you certainly don't need one to complain on VC), but you'd have to have a pretty high income to have a marginal income tax rate of 50%, and I'm not sure what else is contributing to your claim.

10 hours ago, WAXXX said:

how do you figure? the US government is one of the most powerful governments in the world. i'm dependent on them for next to nothing and there are plenty of things they can't take away from me. the only people whose livelihood they can control are those sucking on their teats.

9 hours ago, WAXXX said:

however, to take everything they either have to convince all citizens to give them absolute trust or go full totalitarian.

i'll admit it's increasingly disturbing at the rate people are willing to put their full trust in the government, but in reality we have a long way to go. half the population isn't as stupid as the other half.

This.  They could take everything away in a second if they wanted to.

2 hours ago, ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ said:

What is allepo?

I'm glad there's more anti-Johnson coverage because of this but it's far from the crux of what's wrong with him.

I know taxes suck. I pay a lot of them. But they're necessary. We need to restructure tax brackets and ESPECIALLY tax rates for the rich, but his approach is the complete opposite of everything I believe.

RIP FEEL THE BERN

13 hours ago, harryq said:

I think I've asked you about this before, but could you elaborate on this "half my money" statement?  20-30%?  I could believe it.  but 50%?  I'm not sure how much of that is income tax, property tax, sales tax, or hyperbole tax

I'm not asking for a tax return or anything (if Trump doesn't need to release his to become the Rep nominee for President, you certainly don't need one to complain on VC), but you'd have to have a pretty high income to have a marginal income tax rate of 50%, and I'm not sure what else is contributing to your claim.

income tax (28-33%), social security (6.2%), medicare (1.45%), property taxes (4%)

on top of that, as an employer i have to match the social security and medicare that's paid by every employee. so if i pay out $500,000 in wages, that's an additional $38,250 at 7.65% that i'm paying in taxes from my bottom line. additionally, i'm paying personal income taxes on company profit, not money that i actually take home. for example, if my business makes a profit for the year of $250,000 then i am taxed on that number as personal income, even when i keep that money in the company bank account to ensure that i have enough buffer cash to cover future expenses and wages. 

add to that a 8.25% sales tax on everything i purchase.

also, none of this even includes health insurance, which is now federally mandated at a minimum 2% of my yearly income if i forego coverage, or roughly 4% of my income if i opt to get a decent plan on the exchange.

14 hours ago, Bladewillisisdead said:

I'm glad there's more anti-Johnson coverage because of this but it's far from the crux of what's wrong with him.

I know taxes suck. I pay a lot of them. But they're necessary. We need to restructure tax brackets and ESPECIALLY tax rates for the rich, but his approach is the complete opposite of everything I believe.

RIP FEEL THE BERN

Really? The more you consume...the more you pay. That means the rich will be paying exponentially more taxes than anyone who isn't buying $100k cars and $500k houses. How is that the exact opposite of what you believe?

16 hours ago, ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ said:

What is allepo?

Was coming in to point this out, I can't believe how pathetic it is these people are running for president and couldn't point to Syria on a map. Yet are supposed to be trusted with foreign affairs? They have no idea what's going on

5 minutes ago, NapalmBrain said:

Was coming in to point this out, I can't believe how pathetic it is these people are running for president and couldn't point to Syria on a map. Yet are supposed to be trusted with foreign affairs? They have no idea what's going on

Luckily Hilary can not only find it on a map, but I'm sure she'll be happy to send in the drones. :rolleyes:

The thing is...we're not intervening in Alleppo. We're not even protecting aid routes...so why are people asking the nominees what they will do when our current president has already decided it isn't our business to get in there?

1 minute ago, The Ghost of Randy Savage said:

Luckily Hilary can not only find it on a map, but I'm sure she'll be happy to send in the drones. :rolleyes:

The thing is...we're not intervening in Alleppo. We're not even protecting aid routes...so why are people asking the nominees what they will do when our current president has already decided it isn't our business to get in there?

It may be a moot point, but aren't you a little concerned someone running for the highest office can't be bothered to pickup a newspaper/other news source? I'd like the candidates to at least seem like they have some idea what is going on in other parts of the world. I can think of many valid reasons not to vote for Clinton and I don't fault anyone for not voting for her, but she seems to have the strongest grasp on foreign affairs. I'm really disgusted at my choices for the top 4 prospective parties, I don't think anyone is suitable and I think I should start shifting my focus towards the elections for the senate races cause this election is making me feel like my intelligence is being insulted that these are my options for leader and that the candidates platforms seem to be why you should not vote for my opponent rather than why you should vote for me.

12 minutes ago, The Ghost of Randy Savage said:

because the next President could change course with Syria? 

On 9/8/2016 at 10:14 AM, BuzzersonKillwell said:

This is some vintage Rambo shit right here. You love you some false attribution . 

It was initially any honest attempt at conversation, admittedly, with some sarcasm. It became more about how you complain about the lack of constructive conversations and then nope the fuck out of most attempts. As you continue to showcase here. If you don't want to engage, fine. That's cool, I never expected it anyway. When the going gets tough the Shitty Rambo rarely gets going.

But then again, what do I know. I'm white or something I guess? I suppose it's irrelevant anyway, we are voting for the same candidate. 

Look dude, I was hungover, juggling several things at once, and already hot because I was getting dragged into a fight between two real life friends who are both being idiots. Just in a general bad ass mood and I took it out on this thread.

I want to apologize. I'm not going to, but I want to. Baby steps.

ANYWAYS... 

qlq1SiP.jpg

It's been pretty common knowledge for a while now that Hillary Clinton is just a series of clones with an increasingly shortening lifespan.  In that GIF, you can see by her gait that she is Treinta C (the 33rd Clinton clone) and, judging by her malfunction, she has the same degenerative neurology that brought down Viente D (clone 24) during the 2008 primaries.  The media won't talk about it because they are in the DNC's pocket but it's well documented online and people who aren't sheep have been discussing it for years.