There Will Be Hell Toupée! (The Donald Trump Thread)

44 minutes ago, WAXXX said:

marina admits that spirit cooking in a private place is an occult ritual, not art. she is known for one art piece where stark naked, she ate a kilo of honey, drank a litre of red wine, carved a pentagram onto her stomach using a razor blade, whipped herself, and lay down on a cross made of ice for half an hour, bleeding copiously.

Okay.

44 minutes ago, WAXXX said:

if top players in the clinton enterprise are going to her place for private rituals, then it's definitely worthy of public discourse.

Why?

30 minutes ago, AlexH. said:

You can argue that it's bad art because it's not a landscape painting, but to imply that she's actually eating babies or whatever is nothing more than a truly beautiful example of the Right's staggering inability to discern any speech or expression that is not 100% literal. See also the reaction to this tweet, which made it all the way up to Trump himself: 

I'm with you Alex, but that tweet is a bad example.  If I ran that post office I would have immediately launched a proper investigation.  That's like saying 'Bomb' on an airplane.

26 minutes ago, WAXXX said:

all you guys are invited.

BYOG (bring your own goat)

I'll be there with bells on!

1 hour ago, WAXXX said:

all you guys are invited.

BYOG (bring your own goat)

Ah, thanks a lot, asshole. Now my brother's boss can't run for president.

34 minutes ago, daegor said:

I'm with you Alex, but that tweet is a bad example.  If I ran that post office I would have immediately launched a proper investigation.  That's like saying 'Bomb' on an airplane.

There's a million reasons not to take it seriously though, you could debunk it yourself in about 2 minutes. His location is "California" and he tweeted this four days prior. USPS released a statement about it. Despite this, it was covered in earnest by Drudge, Gateway Pundit, Rush Limbaugh, Scott Baio, and eventually Trump himself. Those same outlets are now seizing on the Spirit Cooking thing, which leads me to believe that the entirety of the right-wing press is either incredibly stupid or willfully deceptive. Luckily, I think it will probably work against them. Anyone somehow still on the fence isn't going to hear "Hillary Clinton is literally a Satanist" and take it at face value, if anything they'll think, "geez, these guys are nuts, maybe they're lying about all this stuff because they just don't want Clinton to win."

Edited by AlexH.

20 minutes ago, AlexH. said:

There's a million reasons not to take it seriously though, you could debunk it yourself in about 2 minutes. His location is "California" and he tweeted this four days prior. USPS released a statement about it. Despite this, it was covered in earnest by Drudge, Gateway Pundit, Rush Limbaugh, Scott Baio, and eventually Trump himself. Those same outlets are now seizing on the Spirit Cooking thing, which leads me to believe that the entirety of the right-wing press is either incredibly stupid or willfully deceptive. Luckily, I think it will probably work against them. Anyone somehow still on the fence isn't going to hear "Hillary Clinton is literally a Satanist" and take it at face value, if anything they'll think, "geez, these guys are nuts, maybe they're lying about all this stuff because they just don't want Clinton to win."

Oh totally.

Something we all (well, most of us) already knew is that the US media is a joke.  Combine that with the innate issue of social media where somehow everyone believes/reposts anything that agrees with their point of view and you have a perfect misinformation shitstorm.

That's not really a politics-specific thing though, that's just a huge problem with how information is presented and digested in general.

All I was saying is that it's not unreasonable to take a statement like that seriously.

1 minute ago, thefavoriteplay said:

Let's say Hillary's camp are satanists, they would have no qualms about firebombing a church to make it look like Trump supporters. Churches get desecrated all of the time from satanists, why wouldn't this be any different? 

I legit don't understand your point, haha.

I have a serious question for you all, what's scarier:

1. A President who practices Satanism
  2. A President who practices Christianity

And why?

I'm not asking this to be antagonistic, I come from a Christian household and would probably consider myself Agnostic.  I'm truly curious what bothers you more and why.

^ Imagine you are playing a fantasy role play/card game and the only cards in your deck were "infinite and non-discriminate shifting between temporarily convenient perspectives",  "cognitive dissonance numbing shield", and "permanent opposition to anything Hillary Clinton".  Now, imagine the cards faded away and the game was just how you chose to think in your actual life.

Edited by rds

12 minutes ago, rds said:

"infinite and non-discriminate shifting between temporarily convenient perspectives"

It me.

Seriously though, I'm a constant Devil's Advocate to everything, including myself.  It drives everyone I know crazy, haha.  I do my best to remain objective, but I know I'm human/biased *shrug*.

2 minutes ago, thefavoriteplay said:

Let's say Hillary's camp are satanists

It bears repeating that there is no reason to assume this, but okay

3 minutes ago, thefavoriteplay said:

they would have no qualms about firebombing a church to make it look like Trump supporters. Churches get desecrated all of the time from satanists, why wouldn't this be any different? 

Maybe in Scandinavia, but not really in the US. We do, however, have a long history of black churches being subject to racially motivated attacks:

http://mashable.com/2015/07/02/history-burning-black-churches/

1 hour ago, AlexH. said:

It bears repeating that there is no reason to assume this, but okay

Maybe in Scandinavia, but not really in the US. We do, however, have a long history of black churches being subject to racially motivated attacks:

http://mashable.com/2015/07/02/history-burning-black-churches/

There is no proof that Clinton did not pay people in the 1950s to commit racist attacks.  Open your mind.

3 hours ago, rds said:

^ Imagine you are playing a fantasy role play/card game and the only cards in your deck were "infinite and non-discriminate shifting between temporarily convenient perspectives",  "cognitive dissonance numbing shield", and "permanent opposition to anything Hillary Clinton".  Now, imagine the cards faded away and the game was just how you chose to think in your actual life.

woah.gif

12 minutes ago, ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ said:

Trump is appealing an injunction to stop voter suppression.  Let that sink in.  He's appealing to allow voter suppression.

Add to that these states.. 

https://www.thenation.com/article/gop-states-keep-ignoring-court-orders-to-restore-voting-rights/

LOL. first world democratic republics should require voter id.

6 hours ago, daegor said:

Why?

you don't think tony podesta and possibly john podesta (hillary's campaign manager) engaging in satanic occult majick rituals (animal sacrfice, self laceration, semen & breast milk drinking, etc.) is worthy of public discourse? hell, i think it's one of the greatest revelations to come out of the election cycle so far. might even be "grab em by the pussy" level.

Edited by WAXXX

21 minutes ago, ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ said:

Trump is appealing an injunction to stop voter suppression.  Let that sink in.  He's appealing to allow voter suppression.

Add to that these states.. 

https://www.thenation.com/article/gop-states-keep-ignoring-court-orders-to-restore-voting-rights/

Legitimate questions:

The one dude in the article had an Illinois license...was homeless and applying to vote in Wisconsin. Why wouldn't they tell him no? The article said he has proof of residence in Wisconsin, but how is that possible if he is homeless and has a driver's license from another state?

Guy with the misspelled birth certificate...his ID didn't match the name on his birth certificate, who is to say that person is actually him? Sure seems reasonable to me.

Why are all these people will Illinois driver's licenses applying to be able to vote in Wisconsin?

The Indian lady is the only one I take issue with in this instance. So long as she has another way to identify that she lives in that state and proof that she's a US citizen she should be able to vote. If the only way for her to prove that is to go through the process they outlined, that's pretty fucked up (unless she just lost her paperwork someplace and neglected to replace it until now. If that's the case that's her fault.)

If someone doesn't have two valid forms of ID (necessary for just about anything from getting a job to applying for a loan) for the state they're applying to vote in, why should they be allowed to vote there? Sounds like people are just begging for voter fraud if you're not legitimately making sure that people are who they say they are.

9 minutes ago, WAXXX said:

LOL. first world democratic republics should require voter id.

I'm actually with you.  I have no problem with a person showing ID in order to vote.  If anything, I actually think it might make it easier to verify your identity - although, let's be fair, there is little to no evidence that there has ever been voter fraud in a general election AND the amount of conspiracy that would have to occur in order to swing an election with fraud would be enormous.  As in too enormous to hide.

But I'm cool with cool with voter ID laws if 2 things happen:

- We find a way to make it so easy to have an ID that it's basically impossible for a person to not possess one.

- We treat voting day as a national holiday and create a federal mandate for early voting and mail in ballots that is consistent across all states.

Until then, voter ID laws pretty much just exist to disenfranchise the poor.

22 minutes ago, WAXXX said:

you don't think tony podesta and possibly john podesta (hillary's campaign manager) engaging in satanic occult majick rituals (animal sacrfice, self laceration, semen & breast milk drinking, etc.) is worthy of public discourse? hell, i think it's one of the greatest revelations to come out of the election cycle so far. might even be "grab em by the pussy" level.

Nothing in John Podesta's emails is bigger than the Tom DeLonge emails about UFOs.  That is a fact that cannot be disputed.

6 hours ago, thefavoriteplay said:

Let's say Hillary's camp are satanists, they would have no qualms about firebombing a church to make it look like Trump supporters. Churches get desecrated all of the time from satanists, why wouldn't this be any different? 

Oh ok, so you've never actually met a Satanist. Cool.

In 2016 America, Satanism is basically "Be chill. Everyone is equal. No one should police/violate/harm another person's body. Also how dope was paganism, right?" There are less Satanists (approx zero) desecrating churches than there are Christains bombing/shooting up Planned Parenthood.

some states only require a signature to vote? (that's kept on file) we have MANY new residents from all over the country and world - army base - that aren't on file fast enough to pull for reference. what makes a volunteer an expert in matching them? i think every state needs to be the same in this regards, as in not just a signature. 

Edited by abovetheearth

2 minutes ago, abovetheearth said:

some states only require a signature to vote? (that's kept on file) we have MANY new residents from all over the country and world - army base - that aren't on file fast enough to pull for reference. what makes a volunteer an expert in matching them? i think every state needs to be the same in this regards, as in not just a signature. 

Truth.

6 minutes ago, Bladewillisisdead said:

Oh ok, so you've never actually met a Satanist. Cool.

In 2016 America, Satanism is basically "Be chill. Everyone is equal. No one should police/violate/harm another person's body. Also how dope was paganism, right?" There are less Satanists (approx zero) desecrating churches than there are Christains bombing/shooting up Planned Parenthood.

Oh boy, more broad generalizations about groups of people!

10 minutes ago, The Ghost of Randy Savage said:

Truth.

Oh boy, more broad generalizations about groups of people!

Not generalizing about Christians. Literally a dude shot up a PP like less than a year ago. That makes it a non-zero number. Show me an instance of a Satanist desecrating a church in the last year. Not just some edgy teens spray painting a pentagram or something.

I've known a lot of Satanists. I've met the one of the heads of The Church of Satan. Sure there are the people into basically because they're Fedora reedit atheists who want to be extra ~edgy~ or whatever, but there's certainly nothing "evil" going on.

2 hours ago, WAXXX said:

you don't think tony podesta and possibly john podesta (hillary's campaign manager) engaging in satanic occult majick rituals (animal sacrfice, self laceration, semen & breast milk drinking, etc.) is worthy of public discourse?

No.  I don't know why anyone gives two shits.  What are you scared of?  Also, those practices are not common among Satanists.  It makes sense that a performance artists was hamming it up with that ritualistic BS.

2 hours ago, WAXXX said:

hell, i think it's one of the greatest revelations to come out of the election cycle so far. might even be "grab em by the pussy" level.

Well, I might have given you this if the revelation had been that Hillary herself had conducted a Satanic ceremony.  But she didn't.  She wasn't even present.  Some dude that works for her was present when a artist conducted a ceremony.

Trump said that.

No one touched my question earlier, so I'll answer it myself.

I'm way more frightened of a Christian President than a Satanist one.  Why?  It's easy to manipulate people with a religion like Christianity in the US.  Not so much with Satanism.

Edited by daegor

6 minutes ago, daegor said:

No one touched my question earlier, so I'll answer it myself.

I'm way more frightened of a Christian President than a Satanist one.  Why?  It's easy to manipulate people with a religion like Christianity in the US.  Not so much with Satanism.

No one answered because it was a silly question. Every single president we've ever had has been christian in some form or another...what do we have to fear? More of the same? People fear change.