There Will Be Hell Toupée! (The Donald Trump Thread)

1 hour ago, abovetheearth said:

This morning Russia has confirmed that there were indeed contacts with Trump during the election.

So the FBI leaked there was nothing to the russian/trump thing and Russia just confirmed it well played Comey well played

giphy.gif

the trump campaign has officially denied there were interactions with the russians and the FBI found no conclusive or direct link connecting trump to russia. the only information we have to go on, is russia's deputy foreign minister stating that a few people from trump's "entourage" were "in contact" with russian representatives.

Since this now more or less the official VC thread for political mudslinging and shittalking, I'll post this here:

http://pac.petitions.moveon.org/sign/appoint-keith-ellison

It's a petition to make Keith Ellison the new head of the DNC. It's clear they need to make a clean break from the neoliberal establishment characters who gave us this mess. He's a smart guy from my home state with a good head on his shoulders:

1 hour ago, mac1 said:

Really stretching myself here trying to think of what Obama's administration did to "weaponize the federal government". Pass the Affordable Care Act? Legalize gay marriage? Attempt to appoint a supreme court justice with a year to go?

1 hour ago, AlexH. said:

Really stretching myself here trying to think of what Obama's administration did to "weaponize the federal government". Pass the Affordable Care Act? Legalize gay marriage? Attempt to appoint a supreme court justice with a year to go?

drone bombing 7 different countries? legalizing government propaganda to be used on US citizens? increasing the powers of the NSA and unconstitutional surveillance? 

1 minute ago, Bladewillisisdead said:

Watched a man aggressively shout"TRUMP 2016!" over and over again at a minority family in the grocery store parking lot. He got in his car and sped away yelling "SUCK MY BALLS AND GO BACK TO YOUR COUNTRY"

If you're wondering what Make America Great Again means 

But didn't you see all the conservative media saying stories like this are fake?! It was clearly your imagination.

fuck, what if trump gets impeached and we get stuck with Mike fucking Pence as our president?  NO THANKS.

the idea of anyone trying to swing the electoral college to elect hillary is treading on some seriously dangerous ideas... the people who have guns and are in militias are salivating for the idea of this... it would look like a government take over to them.  not only has this election given white nationalism validation*, it would then validate your far right militias about government overreach.  no thank you.  i'd rather let trump be president and let the people we elected to represent us in congress and the senate do their part to slow down the rollback we all worry about than try to force hillary into office.  the electoral college exists for a valid reason, to give everyone weight in an election, and we should not change that just because trump won.  if he had lost the electoral vote, but won the popular vote, would you support conservatives pushing to have the electorals vote for Trump?  No, you wouldnt.

*disclaimer, not all trump supporters are supporters of white nationalism, but some are.  they are a minority, but right now, they are a vocal one.

I posted this elsewhere..

its 51% and 49% of the population that voted (of which only 53% of eligible voters even voted, leaving 47% of potential voters unaccounted for), which is not 100% of the entire nations population. So we are talking about almost a 20% vs 20% group of voters of our nations population. a majority of our nation either did not vote, or are not eligible to vote.\

We are a nation of 324 million.  59 million voted for Trump. 60 million voted for Hillary.  you do the math on that representation.

edit to add a link to a good Vox post about this, and how our nation ranks with the world

http://www.vox.com/policy-and-politics/2016/11/10/13587462/trump-election-2016-voter-turnout

Edited by ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

1 hour ago, Bladewillisisdead said:

Watched a man aggressively shout"TRUMP 2016!" over and over again at a minority family in the grocery store parking lot. He got in his car and sped away yelling "SUCK MY BALLS AND GO BACK TO YOUR COUNTRY"

If you're wondering what Make America Great Again means 

Talking about ....one....idiot here, are you applying to all Trump supporters?