There Will Be Hell Toupée! (The Donald Trump Thread)

1 hour ago, The Ghost of Randy Savage said:

All I know is that these protests (riots) against Trump, at least in Portland, are ridiculous. "We don't like who got elected so we're going to smash a bunch of windshields at a car lot!" "We don't like Trump so we're going to block public transit, making the hardworking, poor people of Portland late for their jobs so they get fired."

How are these things helping any cause beyond causing mayhem?

My thought exactly. Not to mention the rallies should have been BEFORE the election. No point in getting people's attention after the fact.

Whether or not you agree with the issues/goals, you should be able to acknowledge that they don't exist for only a few months every 4 years.  People can protest year round, the day before, the day after, in the evening, in the morning. Politics is an on-going discussion and there is no obligation to "shut up" for 4 years because your candidate lost.

22 minutes ago, FlippingOut said:

that's not true - even CNN posted an article reporting that Trump won across several races and age groups. 

Was it this one, which shows he won with whites, voters over 45, and literally no one else? http://www.cnn.com/election/results/exit-polls

He may have captured a higher percentage of certain demographics compared to Romney, but this election also had a much lower turnout percentage-wise, and stats show the least reliable voters are young people, poor people and minorities, all of whom skew left. 

16 minutes ago, thebiglebowski said:

This article is almost entirely about working class whites.

14 minutes ago, AlexH. said:

Was it this one, which shows he won with whites, voters over 45, and literally no one else? http://www.cnn.com/election/results/exit-polls

He may have captured a higher percentage of certain demographics compared to Romney, but this election also had a much lower turnout percentage-wise, and stats show the least reliable voters are young people, poor people and minorities, all of whom skew left. 

What I really can't understand about the exit-poll data you posted is that 10% of Obama supporters voted for Trump and 6% voted 3rd party. After everything that has happened during this campaign season (the racism, the sexism, the emails, everything), that is the hardest for me to understand.  Hillary was essentially running as Obama's third term, and 16% of his supporters voted against it...

Edited by harryq

1 hour ago, Bladewillisisdead said:

Voting for a black person doesn't immunize you against being racist.

Protests/riots are SUPPOSED to be shitty and inconvenient for the people not involved, that's the point. This is not an endorsement, just saying that "but people have to get to work!" is pointless.

Except that the people they're inconveniencing are the poor. The people who most likely agreed with them. Stopping public transit and possibly getting people who actually agree with you Fored doesn't make any damn sense. We already have a huge homelessness problem here...why contribute to it?

26 minutes ago, abovetheearth said:

i think politicians running for office that don't keep their campaign promises should somehow be punished. 

every party. every office. every year. 

Something weird and embarrassing.  Like they have to redub an episode of The Simpsons, doing all of the voices.  Or ride a rollercoaster until they puke.  

8 hours ago, nancy_raygun said:

8 hours ago, jonnystorm777 said:

8 hours ago, stl_ben said:

Why don't you try and counter point this particular story instead of the entire site?

Do you have a counter source saying that this attack was politically based and not due to a traffic accident like the police and snopes says?

people need to stop treating snopes like gospel. their "fact-checking" conclusions aren't even sourced. you need conclusive evidence if you are going to factually debunk the video of the white trump supporter being beaten by a group of blacks yelling: "you voted trump damnit. you voted trump. you voted trump! daaaaamn! yeah, he voted trump! beat his ass! don't vote trump!"

to claim this attack isn't politically motivated, you would need proof. snopes is a blogging site and bethania palma is the contributing blogger for this article. the "proof" that bethania offers is questionable at best, citing an unnamed spokeswoman for the chicago police who told her that this specific incident has nothing political in nature and is being investigated. 

if you want to claim this isn't politically motivated, we need to see the guy who got beaten and had his car stolen come out and proclaim that this incident had nothing to with politics or him voting trump. until then, this video appears very much to be a politically motivated attack, and this snopes attempt at "debunking" it is complete bullshit hearsay.

the burden of proof is on the people who want to explain away what is extremely obvious on video.

edit: video of the guy who got beaten and had his car stolen has emerged. he says there was a minor car accident that started the incident and then a group of blacks said he looked like one of those white guy trump supporters and then he was attacked. 

Edited by WAXXX

6 hours ago, AlexH. said:

Thank you for providing this link, it led me to this story which is the bedwettingest thing I've ever read: http://dailycaller.com/2016/07/28/snopes-caught-lying-about-lack-of-american-flags-at-democratic-convention/

the point is that snopes is nothing more than a blog and it's "journalists" are nothing more than people with keyboards. snopes, the "fact-checking" site, doesn't even fact-check it's own contributors. even more sad is that the public doesn't fact-check sites like snopes. people have become so complacent with "winning" an argument with a link they found from a quick web search, that they don't even realize their arguments can't hold up to more scrupulous scrutiny. confirmation bias at work.

during this election cycle, there was a massive surge in the number of people and websites who began to treat snopes and/or politifact articles as unbiased truth. these are fucking online blogs that operate without oversight, run by normal people with bias and political agendas. hell, politifact is actually operated by the times editorial board. yes, the same times that was a major donor to hillary clinton and had a vested interest in helping her campaign succeed. 

most people don't know that in 2012, an amendment was added the the national defense authorization act (NDAA) that allowed the state department and pentagon to legally manipulate mainstream media outlets and directly disseminate campaigns of misinformation to the U.S. public.

so not only are sites like snopes and politifact (or any other blog or news site) not subject to any type of official oversight, but they can also work directly with representatives in the US government to "shape the essential narrative of a conflict or situation and thus affect the attitudes and behaviors of the targeted audience." this essentially legalizes the use of propaganda by the US government on the public and should concern you.

4 hours ago, harryq said:

What I really can't understand ...Hillary was essentially running as Obama's third term, and 16% of his supporters voted against it...

Watch the video I linked.  They discuss this.  People felt like the weren't being listened to, especially in places like MI, and in the primary these areas went to Sanders.  People were looking for a change and when their choice was taken away from them, mostly they just didn't vote, or if they did, it was for the only change that they saw as an  option.

edit: by no means do I take this as gospel.  However, it makes sense - Many people voted for Obama because they were not satisfied with Bush.  If then they  feel like they have not been heard and their needs have not been met by the current  administration, they swing the other way, toward whatever change is available.

Edited by Mars

for all the people freaking out...

the myth: trump is literally hitler and will start world war 3!

the reality: within 48 hours of trump's election speech, russia and syria announced their desire for peace with the US. 

the myth: a trump presidency is a giant step backward for women!

the reality: the first woman in american history to successfully manage a winning presidential campaign is kellyanne conway, trump's campaign manager. 

the myth: trump is a xenophobe who hates immigrants!

the reality: an immigrant is now the first lady. 

the myth: donald trump won't foster a peaceful transition of power!

the reality: hillary supporters and paid agitators took to the streets in protest, smashing the windows of shops, destroying property, beating trump supporters, and blocking major highway exits to hospitals.

the myth: donald trump will crash the economy!

the reality: days after trump won, the dow hit record highs and the dollar is at multi-decade highs against the chinese yuan.

people need to turn off CNN, ignore the huffington post, and chill the fuck out.

Edited by WAXXX

8 minutes ago, WAXXX said:

the reality: the first woman in american history to successfully manage a winning presidential campaign is kellyanne conway, trump's campaign manager. 

i dunno man.  i'm thinking more about planned parenthood and their plans to defund it  more so than trumps full time nanny. if he doesn't then perhaps i'll buy this. they do soooo much more than abortions. 

quoting broke on me. 

"the myth: donald trump won't foster a peaceful transition of power!

the reality: hillary supporters and paid agitators took to the streets in protest, smashing the windows of shops, destroying property, beating trump supporters, and blocking major highway exits to hospitals."

--------

when he denounces the KKK Trump celebration rally in NC ill buy 36% of this too.  I don't want the local GOP just doing it alone. 

F

29 minutes ago, WAXXX said:

for all the people freaking out...

the myth: trump is literally hitler and will start world war 3!

the reality: within 48 hours of trump's election speech, russia and syria announced their desire for peace with the US. 

the myth: trump is a xenophobe who hates immigrants!

the reality: an immigrant is now the first lady. 

the myth: donald trump won't foster a peaceful transition of power!

the reality: hillary supporters and paid agitators took to the streets in protest, smashing the windows of shops, destroying property, beating trump supporters, and blocking major highway exits to hospitals.

the myth: donald trump will crash the economy!

the reality: days after trump won, the dow hit record highs and the dollar is at multi-decade highs against the chinese yuan.

people need to turn off CNN, ignore the huffington post, and chill the fuck out.

These are good jokes.

everyone's frustrations would be much better spent ensuring trump steps up as our next president. public tantrums or petitions won't change the result of the election. trump won and hillary conceded.

7 minutes ago, abovetheearth said:

i dunno man.  i'm thinking more about planned parenthood and their plans to defund it  more so than trumps full time nanny. if he doesn't then perhaps i'll buy this. they do soooo much more than abortions. 

most reasonable people, myself included, have no issue with the other services provided by planned parenthood. abortion is legal and is unlikely to be overturned. people just feel very strongly that their tax dollars should not subsidize other people's abortions.

10 minutes ago, abovetheearth said:

when he denounces the KKK Trump celebration rally in NC ill buy 36% of this too.  I don't want the local GOP just doing it alone. 

the kkk and david duke have been denounced repeatedly by the trump campaign.

4 minutes ago, abovetheearth said:

Trump himself?

"David Duke is a bad person, who I disavowed on numerous occasions over the years," Trump said on MSNBC's "Morning Joe."
"I disavowed him. I disavowed the KKK," Trump added. "Do you want me to do it again for the 12th time? I disavowed him in the past, I disavow him now."

9 hours ago, nancy_raygun said:

Does anyone else just get a weird icky feeling when hearing someone seriously use the term 'SJW'.  It's just so stupid.

people use the term because people like lena dunham say shit like: "I will go many places during my lifetime, surrounded by kindreds on a mission to spread justice and light." she literally thinks of herself as a social justice warrior.

www.washingtonpost.com/amphtml/news/post-nation/wp/2016/11/12/protester-shot-in-portland-as-anti-trump-demonstrations-sweep-u-s-cities/?client=safari

The "protestors" stopped a car which belonged to someone who had been out with them previously, causing damage, and the person shot one of the people that stopped him.

Edited by The Ghost of Randy Savage