There Will Be Hell Toupée! (The Donald Trump Thread)

18 hours ago, WAXXX said:

everyone's frustrations would be much better spent ensuring trump steps up as our next president. public tantrums or petitions won't change the result of the election. trump won and hillary conceded.

most reasonable people, myself included, have no issue with the other services provided by planned parenthood. abortion is legal and is unlikely to be overturned. people just feel very strongly that their tax dollars should not subsidize other people's abortions.

the kkk and david duke have been denounced repeatedly by the trump campaign.

Fully support the first paragraph.  I'd delete the second and third to avoid confusion but the site on mobile is the fucking worst.

Hold Trump accountable.  He's already walked back on repealing Obamacare, tearing up the Iran deal, and something else I can't recall.  I've got a deduction going to the ACLU and SPLC to help defense funds.

I don't have a problem with protests over the outlash of racism because of this election. i have a problem with protests over the electoral college.

Hillary would have won if she spent more time in rural Wisconsin and Michigan.  Moore said there were enough ballots that voted for every item except president that it could have swung that state to her.  She and her campaign messed up, but I'd rather work on progress, on moving forward than dwell on what ifs of the past with this campaign

Imagine if all these protestors used their time for a worthy cause, like actually helping people in need of a meal or shelter.

Also, these people seem pretty passionate about democracy. What percentage of these folks you think would actually fight for our country if the time ever comes?

Edited by Tommy

I think it's rather ignorant for you to assume these people dont serve their communities.  The people I know who are at ny and la for protests DO actually serve their communities... Whether it's at a shelter or in forms of community service and outreach.  

2 hours ago, Tommy said:

Imagine if all these protestors used their time for a worthy cause, like actually helping people in need of a meal or shelter.

Also, these people seem pretty passionate about democracy. What percentage of these folks you think would actually fight for our country if the time ever comes?

As a liberal who generally doesn't like protest marches and whatnot (they rarely seem aimed at the right target), my question would be "What % of these folks actually voted against Trump?" or, more specifically, "What % of these folks actually voted for Hillary?"  If it's not 100%, then those who didn't should be protesting against themselves.

$100 says Mr Dead Babies and Shit up there isn't going to do fucking dick about anything. He's gonna drift on the smug satisfaction of making that post for the next 4 years...when he'll just make another one.

Hopefully the Democratic party rebuilds, restructures,and fixes their fucking garbage bullshit in time for 2018. Or at least 2020, fuck.

18 minutes ago, rds said:

I feel ya.  Just stupid that we are talking about a post like that and giving it equal or more message board ink than the hundreds of thousands of people who have protested peacefully and are doing what you described (getting our asses in gear and fixing our party).

I just feel like I know too many people who are angry NOW that I just don't see continuing any fight. A lot of white liberals are gonna share anti-Trump memes, donate to a charity or two, and then be over it. Like that crazy guy.

On 11/11/2016 at 11:29 PM, WAXXX said:

the myth: trump is a xenophobe who hates immigrants!

the reality: an immigrant is now the first lady. 

I'm sure Trump would be fine with keeping all the attractive Mexican females between ages 18 and 30 in the US if he could. Hell maybe just all women under 30 given his "I'm going to date her someday" drop.

42 minutes ago, Bladewillisisdead said:

I just feel like I know too many people who are angry NOW that I just don't see continuing any fight. A lot of white liberals are gonna share anti-Trump memes, donate to a charity or two, and then be over it. Like that crazy guy.

That's a pact that we all have to make- to keep active once the immediate feelings are gone. Let's hope we do. 

That rant was rich.  I actually tried to dig up that edgelord's profile to see if there were some other cringey gems to be found, but I can't seem to find him.  Hope he didn't deactivate his account over the backlash or anything.  Don't you have to be at least 18 to create a Facebook account, anyway?