There Will Be Hell Toupée! (The Donald Trump Thread)

18 minutes ago, WAXXX said:

that's definitely your opinion, however it's still not convincing.

He's released at least parts of his tax plan...he's knocking it down from 7 brackets to 3. Millionaires will be paying substantially lower taxes. Not so much everyone else. He's out for himself and no one else.

38 minutes ago, Bladewillisisdead said:

Every Trump supporter who isn't part of the 1% is being taken for a sucker. Your taxes will go up. Their taxes will go down. I'm calling it. We'll lose trillions in tax revenue while all of us are paying either more or a completely negligible amount less. He's about to Trump the economy and we're all fucked.

36 minutes ago, WAXXX said:

that's definitely your opinion, however it's still not convincing.

if you like math, you can check things out for yourself

http://www.npr.org/2016/11/13/501739277/who-benefits-from-donald-trumps-tax-plan

5 minutes ago, Tommy said:

What about successful people makes you mad about them paying the same tax as you? I don't get it

Depends on what you mean by the "same tax", I suppose.  Should everyone pay the same $ amount?  Should everyone pay the same %?  Or should everyone feel the same "burden"?

btw, I like math, so I made a plot of the savings x income under Trump's tax plan (single individual, standard deduction).  people with incomes below $190k will save a couple thousand, while people with incomes above $413k will stand to save a lot more.  obviously, this is ignoring other types of situations like having kids and being a single parent, where I believe Trump's plan increases your taxes.

Spoiler

582ca843efa03_CurrentvsTrump.png.410f14e

22 hours ago, Bladewillisisdead said:

I'm not giving Bannon's hate site any more traffic. I've seen him write/post articles about Jewish conspiracies, fighting for the confederate flag, and a host of other horrible fucking things. Has quoted as saying he doesn't want his daughters in the same school as Jews.

He is literal human garbage. Anyone who reads his site is human garbage. The alt-right is a hate movement comprised of human garbage. 

As soon as my dad said what a great influence he'd be on the country I knew he was a jackass, but somehow I am still surprised.

This man exists. In 2016. And he is our vice fucking president. Fucking hell, America.

I don't think Trump would ever be able to make 99% of his campaign promises happen, but it makes me angry that there are so many people who think that kind of ignorant bullshit.

My dad is still convinced that we're going to become some kind of Catholic theocracy and that we're going to burn Roe v Wade and build a wall that makes the Attack on Titan design team blush on our southern border (we do need some kind of border security though, but that's not the issue at hand). It makes me angry that there are people out there who can rationalize thinking like that to themselves, and it's even worse that so much of America is that stupid or uninformed or whatever it is.

2 hours ago, THE_James_Champ said:

Preeeeeeeeeetty sure just calling someone a rapist for no good reason is enough to get someone banned. I could be wrong. 

It wasn't serious, it was a shitty way of trying to make his point. Still was a dumbass thing to do but that shouldn't really be bannable.

2 hours ago, BuzzersonKillwell said:

Listen guys.

You wouldn't criticize special olympics participants for running slowly. No need to pile-on Waxxx for making a ham-fisted point. 

*super like*

2 hours ago, Bladewillisisdead said:

He's released at least parts of his tax plan...he's knocking it down from 7 brackets to 3. Millionaires will be paying substantially lower taxes. Not so much everyone else. He's out for himself and no one else.

Tax brackets were already fucked, but he found a way to fuck them even more.

1 hour ago, Bladewillisisdead said:

Me too, but it is still very bad for the country as a whole so it's not worth it. 

I'll be donating the majority of what I save to fighting this shit head

Gave some money to the Planned Parenthood donation thing at the Kevin Devine merch table on Saturday because fuck Trump and my dad, that shit is important.

17 minutes ago, Tommy said:

I think that's the question i'm asking, the mindset that the rich should be punished at exponentially higher tax brackets because they can afford it doesn't make sense to me. Looking for some answers

like ben is suggesting, the money's gotta come from somewhere.  the federal budget is currently $3.8 trillion and the population is somewhere around 300 million, so that's ~$12k per person.  let's assume half the population can't work (whether they're kids, old people, can't find a job, lazy, whatever), and (to make things easier) let's pretend that we can only tax income, not spending.

so now we're at ~$24k per person, which is ~equivalent to what someone making $130,000/year would pay under Trump's plan.  I can't remember what income percentile that would be, but that's gotta be around the top 10% or so (at least), which means 90% of tax payers really should be paying a lot more than they currently do.

anyhoo, you can see how this works out.  it simply isn't feasible to make everyone pay the same dollar amount, so you know (and apparently you agree, based on your "%" comment above) that the rich need to pay more to make the math work.  how you do that is up for negotiation, but there's really no way around it, hence my belief that we should all have the ~same "tax burden".  since I'm a statistician, not an econometrician,  I won't pretend to know how best to estimate one's "tax burden"

I will gladly pay taxes for projects that make the community and world around me better, even if I don't personally directly benefit from the projects (for example, I'd pay taxes to support better education even if I don't have kids who are in the public school system).  Wasteful spending is the correct target to me.

Just now, rds said:

I will gladly pay taxes for projects that make the community and world around me better, even if I don't personally directly benefit from the projects (for example, I'd pay taxes to support better education even if I don't have kids who are in the public school system).  Wasteful spending is the correct target to me.

This.

4 minutes ago, Holo said:

As soon as my dad said what a great influence he'd be on the country I knew he was a jackass, but somehow I am still surprised.

This man exists. In 2016. And he is our vice fucking president. Fucking hell, America.

Gave some money to the Planned Parenthood donation thing at the Kevin Devine merch table on Saturday because fuck Trump and my dad, that shit is important.

No, Pence is going to be the V-fucking-P, Bannon is chief strategist. 

regardless. . .

Anywho, if anyone is planning on making donations to Planned Parenthood, do it in Pence's name:

http://www.cnn.com/2016/11/14/politics/mike-pence-planned-parenthood-donation-irpt/index.html

33 minutes ago, Tommy said:

I think that's the question i'm asking, the mindset that the rich should be punished at exponentially higher tax brackets because they can afford it doesn't make sense to me. Looking for some answers

The more you make, the higher percentage you can afford to contribute. I'll just make up some numbers for reference. Someone making $20,000 paying 15% now has $17,000. Someone making $1mil paying 35% would have $650000. $17000 is not an easy amount to live on a year. With $650000 you can still live extremely comfortably. I don't feel bad if someone has to drive a BMW instead of a Lambo.

The concentration of wealth at the top is not only disgusting but dangerous for society and the economy.

1 minute ago, Mars said:

No, Pence is going to be the V-fucking-P, Bannon is chief strategist. 

regardless. . .

Anywho, if anyone is planning on making donations to Planned Parenthood, do it in Pence's name:

http://www.cnn.com/2016/11/14/politics/mike-pence-planned-parenthood-donation-irpt/index.html

whoops, I misread because I was just whining about Pence somewhere else. Dunno why Bannon is an asshole yet :P 

Well. Today has my first personal experience with a very aggro Trump Loyalist. The number of racial slurs hurled my way still have my head spinning. And what really boggles my mind is that I introduced myself as JUAN and even changed my accent during our "conversation", and he still went off the rails on "illegal aliens" and "stomping on immigrants' heads" and "now that Trump is here, he will deport all these people finally."