There Will Be Hell Toupée! (The Donald Trump Thread)

1 minute ago, stl_ben said:

So you have no problems with the fact that Trump refuses to go to intelligence Briefings?

That he still doesn't believe Russia influenced the election?

That he nominated someone like Betsy Devos for secretary of Education?

i have no problems with this. pretty sure it's just safety pin bros getting all worked up to appear tough in front of their girlfriend's kids.

22 minutes ago, stl_ben said:

Oops, things got too serious better tweet something silly like

We should lock up anyone who burns a flag!

or

Yeah I am still going to run a TV show in my "free time".

You're engaging the wrong person. WAXXX is pretty clear about the parameters of how and what he discusses. I'd describe it as a bit flippant and, at times, weirdly attacking of others' masculinity (the "crying" and "impress your girlfriend's kids" remarks are hyper-focused on challenging your manhood as a form of establishing authority in a conversation, which I think tells us that he views that as a sensitive spot or place of weakness to hit?). The "for the LOLs" stuff works for him and a few others as a way of killing time on the internet and instigating reactions for entertainment, but a back and forth conversation isn't going to stem from there. I think you'll need to keep the discussion going in person with non-anonymous individuals or through PMs with people who are at least willing to respect the dialogue as legitimate, even if they're disagreeing with you. There are opportunities for conversation online where your sincerity isn't immediately attacked as soft or weak or non-masculine.

Edited by rds

10 minutes ago, stl_ben said:

I have no idea what snowflakes or safety pins are...mainly just see WAXX talk about them so figured it was some way for the alt-right to make fun of the liberals.

19iakn.jpg

i never mentioned safety pins until posting that photo of the two people who got cuckold and safety pin tattoos a few hours ago. after trump won the presidential election, a bunch of people changed their profile pics to safety pins. people also started pinning them to their clothing to show their solidarity against trump. i know a few of these people in real life and their inability to healthily cope with reality since the election has been quite saddening.

Edited by WAXXX

6 hours ago, daegor said:

Ditto.

I think the dude is a raging douche canoe, but mental illness (temporary or otherwise) impacts everyone the same regardless of the size of your asshole.

He's gotta be bi-polar. He also probably does a lot of uppers. I've known enough people with BP disorder who did a lot of uppers and he fits the mold 100%.

• 4 weeks later...
1 minute ago, WAXXX said:

remember when trump-haters thought trump would crash the economy? the dollar is currently so strong, i'm buying vinyl from europe at lower rates than i ever imagined. not sure how long this will last, but carpe diem!

Remember when he isn't even the president yet?  

Yes the economy has been doing good...its been improving for like 6 years straight now.  Lets see how that trend goes for the next 4?

But I am happy to see you post the economy is strong under Obama.

23 minutes ago, stl_ben said:

Remember when he isn't even the president yet?  

Yes the economy has been doing good...its been improving for like 6 years straight now.  Lets see how that trend goes for the next 4?

But I am happy to see you post the economy is strong under Obama.

anyone who attributes the surge in the stock market and increase in the strength of the US dollar in the immediate aftermath of trump's election to obama, and not to the favorable business optimism of a trump presidency, is about as unreliable and clueless as the huffington post political analytics team.

http://www.businessinsider.com/stock-markets-after-trump-election-2016-12/#stocks-have-climbed-to-a-record-but--1

Edited by WAXXX