There Will Be Hell Toupée! (The Donald Trump Thread)

He's been doing heinous shit since the moment he's been in office. First thing he did was issue an executive order overriding one of Obama's that lowered mortgage rates for a lot of lower/middle class people. He's moving forward on the Dakota Access Pipeline which directly benefits a company he's fucking invested in. He's trying to rollback reproductive rights. He signed an order that stops federal scientists from sharing their research with the public...He's LITERALLY SILENCING FACTS AND SCIENCE.

The new CIA head wants to remove restrictions on surveillance. This would allow them to create databases of profiles of every citizen using their credit card histories and shit.

Clinton is a neoliberal war hawk. That's bullshit. She was bad, but Trump is so much worse. It's not like Trump is gonna not drone bomb brown people...but unlike Clinton he's gonna dismantle the fucking country and our rights while he's at it. Part of me is happy that this massive loss MIGHT make the DNC get it's shit together and move away from neoliberalism...but even in that unlikely event...at what cost?

Although now that everything is said and done I can finally get this off my chest: Fuck any dweeby piece of shit who wrote/made/shared any blog post or meme comparing Clinton to the dragon lady from Game of Thrones. That shit was insufferable and I saw it on Facebook enough to really form a serious hatred.

6 hours ago, Bronchitis said:

Sweet profile picture bro. It's 2017. Is the whole scene thing still going?

I propose a database of every VC user with a nautical star tattoo. The way threads for mid 00s posthardcore /pop punk records tend to go, I feel like it'd be a pretty big list.

And to be honest, I like the dude's hair color and the way his avatar could fit in on 2004 MySpace is kinda comforting.

9 hours ago, Bladewillisisdead said:

Clinton is a neoliberal war hawk. That's bullshit. She was bad, but Trump is so much worse. It's not like Trump is gonna not drone bomb brown people...

Trumps first drone strikes were on either Sunday or Monday, but yeah he has already continued them. 

Edit: here is a story about it from the world's best news agency:

http://www.breitbart.com/national-security/2017/01/23/reports-trumps-first-drone-strikes-kill-10-al-qaeda-jihadists-yemen-including-top-boss/

Edited by stl_ben

18 hours ago, Bladewillisisdead said:

He's been doing heinous shit since the moment he's been in office. First thing he did was issue an executive order overriding one of Obama's that lowered mortgage rates for a lot of lower/middle class people. He's moving forward on the Dakota Access Pipeline which directly benefits a company he's fucking invested in. He's trying to rollback reproductive rights. He signed an order that stops federal scientists from sharing their research with the public...He's LITERALLY SILENCING FACTS AND SCIENCE.

The new CIA head wants to remove restrictions on surveillance. This would allow them to create databases of profiles of every citizen using their credit card histories and shit.

Yes.  And everything else, crowd sizes, rating lies, etc. is a cleverly designed distraction for a media and consumer that obsesses over petty bullshit.  I'm sure this tactic is somewhere in the Art of War, prop up some piñata at the gate and slip it in the back doors of the rest of us.

20 minutes ago, vinyl addict said:

Butthurt? 

Is that acceptable now on this PC site? I said that once on here and got a warning point.

When you become a conservative, does it somehow deactivate the part of your brain that interprets sarcasm, irony, satire, etc? This seems to be an overarching trend I've noticed.

58 minutes ago, Bladewillisisdead said:

From what I hear from my Canadian friends there's a conservative reality show dude running for Prime Minister

43 minutes ago, daegor said:

Yup, we have fucking Trump Lite™ running for PM up here.

Yeah, Mr. Wonderful or whatever they call him. He's still not as big of a pile as Trump. I honestly don't see that even being possible. 

I can't see Kevin O'Leary winning the Conservative leadership, let alone becoming PM. I don't see him getting any votes outside of Ontario and Alberta. Then again, stranger things have happened.

Just to get slightly back on topic, it blows my mind that Trump can do what he's doing via Executive Orders or whatever. What's the point of local representatives if the President can just do what they want? I guess I just don't understand the US system.

Edited by Subdomestic

Congress authors bills to be voted on. A majority is required for a bill to become a law. Our local representatives represent our voice in this voting process, drafting legislation or voting with the interest of his or her constituents in mind. In theory anyway. This isn't really how it works today but we sort of pretend it does and keep voting for the same idiots because it is simpler than sitting down and reading about stuff. Between crippling debt and keeping up with the lives of housewives south of the mason dixon there isn't time for critical thinking. 

When Presidents can't get congress to do shit, or just generally don't want to wait they can take Executive Action. These actions are much more limited in what they can do than laws and can easily be replaced by the next president. All Presidents use them and they usually fall somewhere between "spiteful action to make congress look stupid" and "I can score political points with my base by passing something and making it seem more effective or permanent than it is."

8 hours ago, ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ said:

is WAXXXX gone?

6 hours ago, Bladewillisisdead said:

Probably on some subreddit complaining about the SJW libtard PC cucks that got butthurt over his super funny jokes.

i heard he received a 30 day suspension for abusive behavior. serves that piece of shit right. i literally hope he fucking burns.