There Will Be Hell Toupée! (The Donald Trump Thread)

13 minutes ago, vinyl addict said:

I hate no one. I've never said I hated anyone in my life. You, however, are a bit too pretentious for me though. 

You must be a hoot in person.

Yeah, I've been known to do horrible PC liberal SJW shit like have a few drinks with my immigrant co-workers (legal and illegal) and treat them like human beings. I'm out of control.

@vinyl addictWhat about refugees who have been screened and approved to come to the US, but were barred on Friday due to Islamophobia combined with the fact that Trump didn't have direct business dealings with the countries?  Do you hate them? Or will you acknowledge that Trump went too far on this issue (and I only want you to address this issue, not anything else like 'illegal immigrants').

Edited by Sidney Crosley

51 minutes ago, Bladewillisisdead said:

So are the pro-Trump turds in this thread gonna just admit they hate brown people or nah?

Why do you have to be so divisive about everything/everyone? Being concerned about immigration at a hostile time doesn't make you racist,  being pro-life doesn't mean you hate women, and if someone wants follow a religion they're not a "cancer". 

Maybe if you guys weren't silent when the last guy was murdering muslims, people would take your outrage over strict immigration seriously.

15 minutes ago, Sidney Crosley said:

@vinyl addictWhat about refugees who have been screened and approved to come to the US, but were barred on Friday due to Islamophobia combined with the fact that Trump didn't have direct business dealings with the countries?  Do you hate them? Or will you acknowledge that Trump went too far on this issue (and I only want you to address this issue, not anything else like 'illegal immigrants').

I certainly don't agree with everything Trump is doing, but sitting back and letting 10s of 1000s of illegal people to enter our country every year is a bit stupid. And that's exactly what was happening all these years. I get that people are used to this and it's become "the norm", but that still doesn't make it right.

You have to take the good with the bad, not everyone can be happy.  We have to start somewhere though.

As far as I know, Trump isn't banning Muslims, he's banning countries. They can live in Syria, and be Christian, doesn't make a difference. I keep reading on here about Trump not allowing Muslims in/out. They may be predominantly Muslims, but that's not his criteria (on paper, anyway). People can make assumptions all they want, but that's all it is.

10 minutes ago, vinyl addict said:

I certainly don't agree with everything Trump is doing, but sitting back and letting 10s of 1000s of illegal people to enter our country every year is a bit stupid. And that's exactly what was happening all these years. I get that people are used to this and it's become "the norm", but that still doesn't make it right.

You have to take the good with the bad, not everyone can be happy.  We have to start somewhere though.

As far as I know, Trump isn't banning Muslims, he's banning countries. They can live in Syria, and be Christian, doesn't make a difference. I keep reading on here about Trump not allowing Muslims in/out. They may be predominantly Muslims, but that's not his criteria (on paper, anyway). People can make assumptions all they want, but that's all it is.

So then they should go back to places they had to flee and die? Seems counterintuitive as a pro-lifer. To let others die but not fetuses. 

How could you not make assumptions based on his list? It would be pretty different if there was actual criteria for selecting those countries. 

8 minutes ago, vinyl addict said:

How do we know they will die? Is this another assumption? 

I mean, I would never want any innocent people to die, that's just silly.

Have you ever heard of refugees going back to the country they had to leave and living happily ever after?

Think about the boats of refugees from Europe during the Holocaust. What do you think happened when they were turned away from Canada and the U.S.

I am Jewish, and while my grandparents left Germany for Israel in 1933 in time, many of their relatives weren't so lucky. I don't know my entire family tree, but anyone with my surname is related to me for sure. And I was in Halifax two years ago at the Canadian Museum of Immigration, where they had a plaque indicating all the names of refugees on a ship that tried to go first to New York and then to Canada. It was denied at both ports and sent back to Europe where everyone died. On that plaque along with hundreds of other names were seven or eight with my surname. And yes, it was a different time, and they would have not been legally prescreened or anything, but you have to remember that being a refugee is not the same as being an immigrant. 

I don't live in the states and will not make any judgments around opinions on illegal immigrants or whatnot, but refugees are not the same. And today they go through rigorous screening processes no matter what country they come from. To deny them refuge, in my opinion, is being complicit in their death. 

here in russia, the government will issue an annual quota for foreign workforce based on the local employers' requests. in order to to be able to legally work in Russian Federation, a foreign citizen needs a work permit. all employers, who need to hire a foreign citizen, need to get a permission to employ foreign citizens (without exception). to become a permanent resident, a foreign citizen needs to become a temporary resident first. one can become a temporary resident, only if invited by a private person to Russian Federation (private invitation).

1 hour ago, vinyl addict said:

There is no connection whatsoever between illegal immigration and banning people from Syria or Iran or Somalia from entering the US. There simply are no 10s of thousands illegal immigrants from these countries. There is no evidence that anyone ever entered the country illegalely from there. The same goes for terrorists. 

Also, there is no concept what "stricter" immigration is supposed to mean. What deficiencies in the system have to be repaired? What is wrong with the vetting that is happening today? What measures should be implemented?  There hasn't been a single word on that.

And talking about illegal, the way they went about this 7-country-ban is -as confirmed by several courts now- in direct violation of the constitution.

I guess my question here is, so these refugees can't come to the US...why do you all assume the only option is for them to go back to their deaths in their own country? Are you saying that no other country will allow them in either? Why, the leaders of those countries must be bigots too then, right?

1 hour ago, Sasan said:

Good to know I'm not able to come to the US :lol:

How about the 1-2 million Iranians living in the US stop paying taxes as that douche of president does?

I hope this fool won't make the full 4 years...sooner or later he'll lick boots

As shitty as it is, Trump found a loophole to legally not pay taxes. If you can't show a loss like he did or find another way to legally not pay taxes you'll be fined/jailed. That's why they won't stop paying taxes. If that weren't the case, no one would pay.

Everyone in here seems like they've got the easy answer for everything, but it doesn't look like any of you are stopping to see the other side of things.

Think before you just spew rage about something, please.

6 minutes ago, DCF said:

There is no connection whatsoever between illegal immigration and banning people from Syria or Iran or Somalia from entering the US. There simply are no 10s of thousands illegal immigrants from these countries. There is no evidence that anyone ever entered the country illegalely from there. The same goes for terrorists. 

Also, there is no concept what "stricter" immigration is supposed to mean. What deficiencies in the system have to be repaired? What is wrong with the vetting that is happening today? What measures should be implemented?  There hasn't been a single word on that.

And talking about illegal, the way they went about this 7-country-ban is -as confirmed by several courts now- in direct violation of the constitution.

You're confused. Removing people already ok'ed and who are here from the airport etc. has been declared unconstitutional, not the ban itself.

Well all this righteous debating and name calling in a VC forum finally made a difference in the real world.  

WASHINGTON — A top White House official appeared to reverse a key part of President Trump’s immigration order on Sunday, saying that people from the affected countries who hold green cards will not be prevented from returning to the United States.

6 minutes ago, The Ghost of Randy Savage said:

I guess my question here is, so these refugees can't come to the US...why do you all assume the only option is for them to go back to their deaths in their own country? Are you saying that no other country will allow them in either? Why, the leaders of those countries must be bigots too then, right?

Any given country can only take a finite number of refugees. So yeah, we're pretty big and us not taking any people could very well end up leaving a lot of people with nowhere to go.

Edited by Bladewillisisdead

11 minutes ago, The Ghost of Randy Savage said:

Everyone in here seems like they've got the easy answer for everything, but it doesn't look like any of you are stopping to see the other side of things.

Think before you just spew rage about something, please.

So what is the "other side of things" reg. his nonsense immigration order besides blind stupidity and racism?

6 minutes ago, Bladewillisisdead said:

Any given country can only take a finite number of refugees. So yeah, we're pretty big and us not taking any people could very well end up leaving a lot of people with nowhere to go.

I mean, we've already taken quite a few. Who is to say we haven't reached our limit? Or is it you? Are you in charge of that?

2 minutes ago, Sasan said:

So what is the "other side of things" reg. his nonsense immigration order besides blind stupidity and racism?

We've already taken a large number of refugees in (as we always do). Maybe we've hit our limit. There are other countries all over the world.

Just because someone doesn't want us to take in refugees doesn't make anyone a racist.

10 minutes ago, Bladewillisisdead said:

He wants to prioritize Christain refugees. The ban doesn't include Muslim countries he has business ties too even though those are the countries we've actually had terrorists from....

Yeah, not about bigotry at all.  

I'm not talking about Trump here. I'm talking about any other US citizen who opposes bringing refugees in. What I'm saying is that while Trump signed the executive order stopping the influx, being ok with us not bringing in refugees doesn't necessarily make any other person a racist. Prioritizing by religion is also not only stupid, but nearly impossible.

Not sure why we're having so much trouble separating one person from every other person. His opinion/belief is not everyone's, just like a jihadist doesn't represent all Muslim people.

Essentially, when you think about people who may support this (temporary) immigration ban, think of it the same way you think about Muslims and maybe you'll gain a little perspective.

Edited by The Ghost of Randy Savage