There Will Be Hell Toupée! (The Donald Trump Thread)

27 minutes ago, Tommy said:

I felt the same way about Obama when BLM and The Police were beefing it out over the summer, but that never happened

Obama did renounce the violence:

" First of all, any, any violence directed at police officers is a reprehensible crime and needs to be prosecuted. But even rhetorically, if we paint police in broad brush without recognizing that the vast majority of police officers are doing a really good job, and are trying to protect people and do so fairly and without racial bias, if the rhetoric does not recognize that, then we’re going to lose allies in the reform cause.  "

20 minutes ago, Carly Rae Jepsen said:

Obama did renounce the violence:

" First of all, any, any violence directed at police officers is a reprehensible crime and needs to be prosecuted. But even rhetorically, if we paint police in broad brush without recognizing that the vast majority of police officers are doing a really good job, and are trying to protect people and do so fairly and without racial bias, if the rhetoric does not recognize that, then we’re going to lose allies in the reform cause.  "

Obama was always a strong speaker, and I'm reminded again by reading those words; even if they probably didn't amount to much to either side, it's important that he said them. The problem is that it will likely take a lot of shit to go down for Trump to talk like this - or it just needs to be on SNL/The Apprentice so that he can actually pay attention to it.

Only semi-related, Trump has destroyed satire. Fuck that guy.

https://www.mcsweeneys.net/articles/my-very-good-black-history-month-tribute-to-some-of-the-most-tremendous-black-people

16 hours ago, The Ghost of Randy Savage said:

Agree as well that there needs to be a line drawn in the sand where Trump as POTUS says, "white supremacy and racism is not ok. Stop it." 

Unfortunately this is not going to happen. Trump, Conway and Bannon are  working to see increase racial and religious prejudice. They are actively sowing hate against minorities by portraying them as soon-to-be terrorists again and again and again.

I mean Kelly even invented a masssacre  to blame on refugees.  These people are pure racist evil. 

While the Trump administration have already done enough disturbing things. What concerns me the most is how they consistently attack facts and straight up lie. That is a cornerstone of fascism, not to mention most other things he's doing. 

I don't want to be an alarmist, but these things generally only lead down dark roads. 

10 minutes ago, abovetheearth said:

No public comment/mention of the Mosque shooting.

i hate trump, but he did personally call trudeau after the canadian mosque shooting to express his condolences and offer assistance if needed.

http://www.businessinsider.com/trump-trudeau-call-quebec-mosque-shooting-2017-1

i know that. but trump loves attention. why not tweet it? he tweets EVERYTHING.

it was a canadian white nationalist who did it.

that is the answer i was looking for.

Louvre tweet:

A new radical Islamic terrorist has just attacked in Louvre Museum in Paris. Tourists were locked down. France on edge again. GET SMART U.S.

QC city tweet should have read:

A white nationalist and domestic terrorist just shot up and killed 8 muslims while praying. 

--------

Silent about an attack that doesn't fit into his islamaphobic narrative

Fox jumped the gun so fast, a majority of uninformed still think the Moroccan guy did it.

Edited by abovetheearth

10 minutes ago, abovetheearth said:

i know that. but trump loves attention. why not tweet it? he tweets EVERYTHING.

it was a canadian white nationalist who did it.

that is the answer i was looking for.

Louvre tweet:

A new radical Islamic terrorist has just attacked in Louvre Museum in Paris. Tourists were locked down. France on edge again. GET SMART U.S.

QC city tweet should have read:

A white nationalist and domestic terrorist just shot up and killed 8 muslims while praying. 

--------

Silent about an attack that doesn't fit into his islamaphobic narrative

Fox jumped the gun so fast, a majority of uninformed still think the Moroccan guy did it.

Yup.

My argument has always been that I get in my car and drive every day, I refuse to be scared of or take drastic action on anything that has less of a chance of killing me than something I CHOOSE to do daily.

Odds are 113 that my cause of death will be a motor vehicle incident.

It's more likely that an asteroid will kill me than a refugee terrorist.

I must have missed anaphylaxis (severe allergic reaction) from foods like peanuts and shellfish, medications like penicillin, and supposedly all the doctor-induced deaths ?maybe "accident of any kind"?  I see the bee sting allergy

Also,  this is for America 2013. 50% of death certificates say Coronary artery disease, 33% say Cancer.

Wonder what it would be if address was different, say Aleppo?

Powers that be trying to keep the terror numbers low  where they are, I guess?

Plane crashes always make headlines, but you're safer in a car. But safer taking a medication from your doctor, than the car trip to the pharmacy and back.

Plus, remember, you can find a statistician to work the data any way you want it.

30 minutes ago, Bladewillisisdead said:

Trump is focusing ALL Counter Extremist resources on Islam. Only Islam. Despite the fact that domestically we are in immediate danger of Christian extremists.

Serious question because I hang with a lot of Christians, which ones should we be on the lookout for, and the danger. I have a wife and 4 kids.

9 minutes ago, drds89 said:

I must have missed anaphylaxis (severe allergic reaction) from foods like peanuts and shellfish, medications like penicillin, and supposedly all the doctor-induced deaths ?maybe "accident of any kind"?  I see the bee sting allergy

I figure it's probably under suffocation.

9 minutes ago, drds89 said:

Wonder what it would be if address was different, say Aleppo?

It would look entirely different.

11 minutes ago, drds89 said:

Plus, remember, you can find a statistician to work the data any way you want it.

This is a very important point (seriously, it's crazy how easy it is to make the numbers fit your narrative under any circumstance).  However, this particular breakdown sites sources, so you can vet the information if you are so inclined.

12 minutes ago, drds89 said:

Serious question because I hang with a lot of Christians, which ones should we be on the lookout for, and the danger. I have a wife and 4 kids.

Serious answer because the chances of a white, christian terrorist killing you are way WAY higher than a foreign person of any race or religion;  Any Christian that agrees with or preaches intolerant rhetoric you should be on the lookout for.  You might call them religious extremists.  Much in the same way that your everyday Muslim might categorize those of their faith that decide shooting someone for a difference of opinion is a good idea.

2 hours ago, AlexH. said:

Devos is confirmed. Stoked for the decimation of public education

She is pretty fucking scary for education, especially for students with special needs.  My heart goes out to any families that may be affected by this (and there will be many).

Also, there was just a republican bill to abolish the Department of Education altogether. In Canada, our federal government is not involved in education whatsoever - it falls exclusively to the provinces. However, the provinces all look to one another and standards are kept relatively similar across the country (other than the fact that Ontario publicly funds a Catholic school system, but that's another story altogether). In theory, delegating education to be the responsibilities exclusively of each state allows for fewer directives from above. However, what's more likely to happen is there will be a huge inequality in education in certain states, and in neighbourhoods with greater income disparity.