There Will Be Hell Toupée! (The Donald Trump Thread)

40 minutes ago, Tommy said:

It's weird that that video ends up with the Rolling Stone logo, but doesn't include any of the quotes they use in the article with the exact same name.

http://www.rollingstone.com/politics/features/18-wtf-moments-from-trumps-unhinged-press-conference-w467518

On 2/7/2017 at 5:57 PM, Carly Rae Jepsen said:
6 hours ago, WAXXX said:

27 days, 8 hours, and not one pic of a vagina costume? i expected more from you guys.

C3_5iffVcAINUiG.jpg

Who is ever going to take that seriously. They all look like a bunch of idiots.

Don't forget about the Pussy hats too. They are just making light of the situation, which isn't helping there "cause".

On 2/17/2017 at 6:56 AM, vinyl addict said:

Who is ever going to take that seriously. They all look like a bunch of idiots.

Don't forget about the Pussy hats too. They are just making light of the situation, which isn't helping there "cause".

Is this a serious comment?

Also, *their

53 minutes ago, futures said:

Is this a serious comment?

Also, *their

Yes it's a serious comment. Are you going to take anyone seriously if they are talking to you while wearing g a pussy costume? Or how about a pussy hat?

Oops on the "their", I'm usually a stickler for that one too, but thanks for the grammar lesson on the vinyl forum.

1 hour ago, abovetheearth said:

Um, WH bans DailyMail.com, the BBC, the New York Times, and CNN from a briefing?

this is kind of big news.

Yup.

Like, really big news.

Also, the whole thing with the the privatized prison system and wanting to roll back on legal pot is a huge thing too.  If anyone doubted that Trump was in this to make himself rich, I don't see how you can't connect the dots now.

I like my buddy Daniel's opinion on the matter...

"Honestly,  some say this is censorship, but this is just the other side of the coin that is the relationship that the press has with the White House administration. When Obama was in office they traded admiration and praise for access, secret intelligence sources, and overall whitewashing through the guise of information.  While during the campaign they traded access for praise of hillary and demonization of Trump.  Now they're dealing with the demon, it's not about censorship or morality, but revenge.  While yes, having inconsistent standards for different outlets is unfair, when has the state ever been fair about anything? Now the press knows how the public should feel."

That's an interesting take.  But the issue isn't so much why the administration did it and more that it happened.  It's pretty clear it was revenge.  That's just not something Im okay with, regardless of the "side" the news organization is on.

I think it was wrong for news organizations to demonized Trump during the election - they were obviously doing it for ratings.  But it's doubling wrong for a president to deny access to press briefings based on how critical a news outlet is of an administration.  And it flies fully in the face of Trumps promise to unify the country.

IMO he has done little to nothing to calm the concerns of the majority of voters who cast their ballot to elect his opponent.  This is just another in a long line of stunts pulled in the last month to further politically polarize the people.

3 hours ago, Shitty Rambo said:

I like my buddy Daniel's opinion on the matter...

"Honestly,  some say this is censorship, but this is just the other side of the coin that is the relationship that the press has with the White House administration. When Obama was in office they traded admiration and praise for access, secret intelligence sources, and overall whitewashing through the guise of information.  While during the campaign they traded access for praise of hillary and demonization of Trump.  Now they're dealing with the demon, it's not about censorship or morality, but revenge.  While yes, having inconsistent standards for different outlets is unfair, when has the state ever been fair about anything? Now the press knows how the public should feel."

The Obama administration also had struggles with the press. The idea that "they traded admiration and praise for access, secret intelligence sources, and overall whitewashing" has no grounding in reality. Maybe you can point me elsewhere, but I haven't seen anything.

From the New Yorker article:

"The Obama White House has hardly been immune to complaints about access and its treatment of the press. The last eight years have been marked by an escalating cat-and-mouse game between a communications staff that has constantly sought new ways to directly communicate with the public and a corps of White House reporters who see the efforts as a manipulative attempt to limit their access. Obama’s early use of Twitter and Facebook to make news was seen as controversial, as was the White House’s use of its own videographer to record the President in settings to which the press had no access. The White House’s production of “West Wing Week,” an in-house “news” show with a Pravda feel, was mocked by reporters. And Obama’s use of non-traditional venues for major interviews—“The Tonight Show,” “The Daily Show,” “Anthony Bourdain: Parts Unknown,” “Running Wild with Bear Grylls,” and ESPN—often frustrated reporters."

Edit: tense of word

Edited by Carly Rae Jepsen