There Will Be Hell Toupée! (The Donald Trump Thread)

5 hours ago, Shitty Rambo said:

I like my buddy Daniel's opinion on the matter...

"Honestly,  some say this is censorship, but this is just the other side of the coin that is the relationship that the press has with the White House administration. When Obama was in office they traded admiration and praise for access, secret intelligence sources, and overall whitewashing through the guise of information.  While during the campaign they traded access for praise of hillary and demonization of Trump.  Now they're dealing with the demon, it's not about censorship or morality, but revenge.  While yes, having inconsistent standards for different outlets is unfair, when has the state ever been fair about anything? Now the press knows how the public should feel."

I would take a bit of umbrage with the assertion that the press praised Hillary during the election. I think the press went out of their way to treat her as critically as they did Trump, sometimes unfairly so (sometimes). There may have been the perception of bias at times, but I would argue that was fed mostly by having to cover a candidate so candid in his hatred for so many. How do you cover a candidate who says a judge overseeing his civil case for being a fraud is against him because he's Mexican, that Mexicans are rapists, that Obama is a secret Kenyan Muslim, (etc. etc. etc., we all know the list) without seeming biased? The guy naturally looks terrible just by covering his exact quotes.

I also don't understand his point about how the press now knows how the public should feel.

Edited by jesse

"The President is eager to pass a compromise immigration bill in his first term that would stop short of granting a path to citizenship for millions of undocumented immigrants, but would allow undocumented immigrants who aren't serious or violent criminals to live, work and pay taxes in the US without fear of deportation, a senior administration official said." 

http://www.cnn.com/2017/02/28/politics/trump-immigration-bill/

• 4 weeks later...

Is everyone excited about ISPs being able to sell our browser histories? It might not rise to a cherry but it's at least a sprinkle on top of this shit sunday.

It's been awhile since this thread was updated so let's recap the last month:

The environment - fuck it

Healthcare - fuck it

Immigrants - fuck them

These are high times.

We are getting precisely what Trump campaigned on and precisely what the people of the USA resolutely rejected by the tune of 3,000,000 votes.

We were promised White Nationalism and we've gotten it.

We were promised anti-science and we've gotten it.

We were promised an expansion of wealth in the 1% and we're getting it.

We were promised a decrease in the middle class and we're getting it.

Same old, same old...just no dog whistles.

Buuut...I think there's no way this administration survives the year...thank god...there's too much Russian smoke here.

Yes, I am a daily reader of the Intercept, I know full well the over reaching data collection machine we have running in the background of everything. No doubt that Trump was swept up in incidental collection of this (just like anyone else secretly conspiring with a foreign government). What I'm asking is, do you really believe that he was specifically targeted?

1 minute ago, jesse said:

Yes, I am a daily reader of the Intercept, I know full well the over reaching data collection machine we have running in the background of everything. No doubt that Trump was swept up in incidental collection of this (just like anyone else secretly conspiring with a foreign government). What I'm asking is, do you really believe that he was specifically targeted?

i'm saying that everyone is surveilled all the time. "incidental" merely provides cover for the government to not outright admit that they are spying on the entire world. this goes way beyond trump. i fail to see how "incidental" spying is any different than targeted spying. 

7 minutes ago, WAXXX said:

i'm saying that everyone is surveilled all the time. "incidental" merely provides cover for the government to not outright admit that they are spying on the entire world. this goes way beyond trump. i fail to see how "incidental" spying is any different than targeted spying. 

You certainly do fail. 

How can you not see the difference between a President accusing his predecessor of illegally wiretapping him, and the larger surveillance program that is known?  You're being intentionally obfuscating. 

Just out of curiosity, which of the following, if any, do you also believe are true:

- Trump's inauguration crowd was record breaking

- Obama was born in Kenya

- 3 million people voted illegally

- Trump's win in the electoral college was the biggest since Reagan

- Climate change is a Chinese conspiracy

28 minutes ago, Carly Rae Jepsen said:

You certainly do fail. 

your mom certainly fails.

28 minutes ago, Carly Rae Jepsen said:

How can you not see the difference between a President accusing his predecessor of illegally wiretapping him, and the larger surveillance program that is known?  You're being intentionally obfuscating. 

i'll rephrase: there's no such thing as incidental surveillance when it's known that literally everyone is under targeted surveillance.

8 minutes ago, jesse said:

Just out of curiosity, which of the following, if any, do you also believe are true:

- Trump's inauguration crowd was record breaking

- Obama was born in Kenya

- 3 million people voted illegally

- Trump's win in the electoral college was the biggest since Reagan

- Climate change is a Chinese conspiracy

snap. jesse dropping truth bombs. change your profile pic.