There Will Be Hell Toupée! (The Donald Trump Thread)

11 minutes ago, WAXXX said:

your mom certainly fails.

i'll rephrase: there's no such thing as incidental surveillance when it's known that literally everyone is under targeted surveillance.

Jesus, still missing the point. Our government was surveilling Russians when Trump associates were making contact with them. 

The point is we possibly have compromised individuals at the highest level of government running things - this should be alarming to anyone regardless of political ideologies. 

If you want to be concerned and have a conversation about government surveillance, fine, but I don't think that applies to this thread and how it's specifically about Trump.

5 hours ago, Carly Rae Jepsen said:

a President accusing his predecessor of illegally wiretapping him

Obama may have dropped 26,171 bombs in 2016, but surely he draws the line at wiretapping an anti-establishment anti-media sociopath, right?

I don't put anything passed the state, and don't have any reason to belive Judge Napolitano would suddenly start making shit up just for the sake of it.

Trump probably was spyed upon, Russia was probably heavily involved with WikiLeaks, and JFK was probably killed by the CIA.¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

5 hours ago, Shitty Rambo said:

Obama may have dropped 26,171 bombs in 2016, but surely he draws the line at wiretapping an anti-establishment anti-media sociopath, right?

I don't put anything passed the state, and don't have any reason to belive Judge Napolitano would suddenly start making shit up just for the sake of it.

Trump probably was spyed upon, Russia was probably heavily involved with WikiLeaks, and JFK was probably killed by the CIA.¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

No one with any credibility has come forth saying there's any evidence that happened. 

http://www.vox.com/world/2017/3/30/15126072/devin-nunes-source-white-house

"On March 4, Trump alleged — without providing any evidence — that Obama had wiretapped Trump Tower during the campaign. “Shortly thereafter,” the Times reporters write, “Cohen-Watnick began reviewing highly classified reports detailing the intercepted communications of foreign officials.”

The clear implication of this Times claim is that Cohen-Watnick was looking for anything that could vindicate Trump’s wiretap claim.

About a week later, new National Security Adviser H.R. McMaster tried to get rid of Cohen-Watnick, whom the CIA reportedly didn’t trust because it saw him as hostile to them as an institution. On March 10, McMaster informed Cohen-Watnick that he would be moved to a different position in the NSC. On March 12, Trump personally intervened (reportedly at Bannon and Kushner’s prompting), overruling McMaster and keeping Cohen-Watnick in place.

Sometime during all of this, Cohen-Watnick found the intelligence intercepts that mention Trump officials. What happened between that unspecified date and the night of March 21 isn’t exactly clear. Ellis, the White House lawyer who used to work for Nunes, somehow got looped in and wound up briefing Nunes when the lawmaker got to the White House grounds."

2 hours ago, Carly Rae Jepsen said:

No one with any credibility has come forth saying there's any evidence that happened. 

http://www.vox.com/world/2017/3/30/15126072/devin-nunes-source-white-house

"On March 4, Trump alleged — without providing any evidence — that Obama had wiretapped Trump Tower during the campaign. “Shortly thereafter,” the Times reporters write, “Cohen-Watnick began reviewing highly classified reports detailing the intercepted communications of foreign officials.”

The clear implication of this Times claim is that Cohen-Watnick was looking for anything that could vindicate Trump’s wiretap claim.

About a week later, new National Security Adviser H.R. McMaster tried to get rid of Cohen-Watnick, whom the CIA reportedly didn’t trust because it saw him as hostile to them as an institution. On March 10, McMaster informed Cohen-Watnick that he would be moved to a different position in the NSC. On March 12, Trump personally intervened (reportedly at Bannon and Kushner’s prompting), overruling McMaster and keeping Cohen-Watnick in place.

Sometime during all of this, Cohen-Watnick found the intelligence intercepts that mention Trump officials. What happened between that unspecified date and the night of March 21 isn’t exactly clear. Ellis, the White House lawyer who used to work for Nunes, somehow got looped in and wound up briefing Nunes when the lawmaker got to the White House grounds."

I don't know what Vox is nor do I care what they have to say on the matter. If you're going to label Napolitano as someone without credibility (when he's the only Fox News staff member who's anti-war and anti-authoritarian police state mind you) then it's clear you have a very loose grasp on your argument.

Like a collective that uses force to seize private property and throw people in cages for voluntarily putting drugs into their own bodies suddenly has high moral principles, and would never ever spy on a loose cannon buffoon who actively talks against them/was on the brink of inheriting all the power Bush and Obama granted themselves during their terms in office.

12 hours ago, WAXXX said:

you don't see how the government surveilling everyone is relevant to the surveillance of a president-elect?

There are 300,000,000 people in the USA.

If we all were under wire tapping recording for one hour each day, it would take the government 300,000,000 man hours just to check that information. For the record, that's 1,785,714 weeks to listen to a single hour of a single day being recorded.

There aren't enough people to listen to it all.

14 minutes ago, Shitty Rambo said:

I don't know what Vox is nor do I care what they have to say on the matter. If you're going to label Napolitano as someone without credibility (when he's the only Fox News staff member who's anti-war and anti-authoritarian police state mind you) then it's clear you have a very loose grasp on your argument.

Like a collective that uses force to seize private property and throw people in cages for voluntarily putting drugs into their own bodies suddenly has high moral principles, and would never ever spy on a loose cannon buffoon who actively talks against them/was on the brink of inheriting all the power Bush and Obama granted themselves during their terms in office.

No one from Fox News is credible, ever.

Fox News is an editorial site whose stories make their viewers literally more ignorant of the happenings of the day. 

But, has your Fox News Talking Head brought forth any evidence?

Because no one else has.

Well, General Flynn (retired) might be giving some if his immunity claim is accepted. Yup, the fired Head of the NSA, is asking for immunity to testify against a sitting President who's been in bed with a foreign government. 

Waiting for the Treason Trials to start.

I suggest we go for the death penalty as a deterrent for other Presidential Candidates, oh and Vice Presidents too Mr. Pence, for colluding with our enemies.

35 minutes ago, Shitty Rambo said:

If he's going to make those claims he needs to provide evidence, he has not. He was suspended by Fox (seems to me that Fox doesn't even find their own commentator totally credible), came back on and double downed on his claims, while still not providing any evidence. 

Your arguments about one governmental action equating to another I find highly flawed at a baseline level. I don't see any room for a rational conversation, if any argument is met with, "well the government does X, so you're wrong."

Wanna put a wager on this?  If it is found that Obama personally requested a wiretap of Trump, I'll buy you a record of your choice - up to a $25 value shipped?

Nope. Don't want anything from anybody I don't earn myself ;)

The fact that your don't hold the state accountable for prior major fuck ups is very off-putting. You're acting as if the US hasn't killed people are invaded other countries on a whim (remember all those WMDs in the middle east? How about Obama bombing weddings based on meta data?) 

Let's see how this NSA stuff unfolds, chances are it will fall short like every other attempt to discredit Donald Trump. Maybe your guy's wish will come true and the state will murder another person you don't like.

1 hour ago, Battra said:

There are 300,000,000 people in the USA.

If we all were under wire tapping recording for one hour each day, it would take the government 300,000,000 man hours just to check that information. For the record, that's 1,785,714 weeks to listen to a single hour of a single day being recorded.

There aren't enough people to listen to it all.

LOL. is this your idea of surveillance and data analysis in 2017?

tour-09-02-gross.jpg

15 minutes ago, Shitty Rambo said:

Nope. Don't want anything from anybody I don't earn myself ;)

The fact that your don't hold the state accountable for prior major fuck ups is very off-putting. You're acting as if the US hasn't killed people are invaded other countries on a whim (remember all those WMDs in the middle east? How about Obama bombing weddings based on meta data?) 

Let's see how this NSA stuff unfolds, chances are it will fall short like every other attempt to discredit Donald Trump. Maybe your guy's wish will come true and the state will murder another person you don't like.

If you noticed I was trying to stay on topic and never mentioned opinions on what prior things the US has done. Don't pretend to know someone's opinions just because they don't agree with a line of logic you hold true.

this russian hysteria is entertaining. it's fun watching the people who have been wrong about almost everything for a year and half push out tinfoil conspiracy theories. they went from "there's absolutely no way our election can be rigged/hacked" to "russia hacked our election" real quick.

never thought i'd see the day when democrats openly embrace the CIA and deep state because they're still pissed about some pussy comments.

24 minutes ago, Shitty Rambo said:

chances are it will fall short like every other attempt to discredit Donald Trump

my money is on this. any takers?

16 minutes ago, WAXXX said:

LOL. is this your idea of surveillance and data analysis in 2017?

tour-09-02-gross.jpg

No, I just gave you the simple man hours and man weeks it would take to simply listen to one hour's worth of recordings as you claim.

Couple that with, storage of simply body camera recordings is overly onerous and that's for a population of 500-1000 police officers.

Now, 300,000,000 people...impossible. You can't be this stupid to think that what you say is being done.

28 minutes ago, Battra said:

No, I just gave you the simple man hours and man weeks it would take to simply listen to one hour's worth of recordings as you claim.

Couple that with, storage of simply body camera recordings is overly onerous and that's for a population of 500-1000 police officers.

Now, 300,000,000 people...impossible. You can't be this stupid to think that what you say is being done.

you're talking out your ass. there are so many businesses currently providing (and able to provide) data backup for law enforcement that your point isn't even an issue. furthermore, the utah datacenter (used by the NSA) is single-handedly capable of storing between 3-12 exabytes of data in the near term alone. 1 exabyte is equal to 1 billion gigabytes. it has been said that 5 exabytes would be equal to all of the words ever spoken by mankind. 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Utah_Data_Center

Edited by WAXXX

1 hour ago, Carly Rae Jepsen said:

If you noticed I was trying to stay on topic and never mentioned opinions on what prior things the US has done. Don't pretend to know someone's opinions just because they don't agree with a line of logic you hold true.

Quit trying to misrepresent my counterpoint or act like those examples are wildly irrelevant.. How about if this isn't a slam dunk decimation of the Trump presidency you donate that $25 to a charity of my choosing and if it is I'll do the same?

Edited by Shitty Rambo
Elaboration.