There Will Be Hell Toupée! (The Donald Trump Thread)

On 4/7/2017 at 1:20 PM, Tommy said:

Conservative power is restored in the Supreme Court and US gives Syria a nice spanking for using chemical weapons. TGIF!

Imagine if the party that received the majority of votes was in power instead of the party that received a minority of votes.

But that's the Right Wing for you.

But you guys told me the Obama administration would have never monitored the Trump campaign and that Judge Napolitano is an uncredible source :(

https://www.google.com/amp/www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/trump-russia-investigation-now-has-specific-concrete-and-corroborative-evidence-of-collusion-a7683386.html%3Famp

9 hours ago, Shitty Rambo said:

But you guys told me the Obama administration would have never monitored the Trump campaign and that Judge Napolitano is an uncredible source :(

https://www.google.com/amp/www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/trump-russia-investigation-now-has-specific-concrete-and-corroborative-evidence-of-collusion-a7683386.html%3Famp

Umm, I'm not sure you read the article you cited: "Spy agencies, including GCHQ, were not deliberately targeting members of the Trump team but rather recorded communications through “incidental collection,” CNN reports."

13 hours ago, jesse said:

Umm, I'm not sure you read the article you cited: "Spy agencies, including GCHQ, were not deliberately targeting members of the Trump team but rather recorded communications through “incidental collection,” CNN reports."

Ace, for real? Hahaha

Edit: Now that I'm  no longer Easter blasted, I can type a comprehensible counterpoint...

Yeah. I read the article. Let's move to the next logical step. You honestly think US intelligence was given this information in 2015 and just sat on it? There's not a chance in hell they just ignored this bit of information while Trump bastardized the president and media and used that platform to get into the white house.

But hey, if you need that information in black and white text to believe it then so be it. Sure this just an assumption, but it's the most obvious chain of events.

Ahh, I got it now. Some parts of the article I am supposed to believe and extrapolate on but other parts I am supposed to ignore.

Here's where I stand - the US collects, stores and catalogs data on people whenever they can. They spy on foreign powers routinely (one of the big Snowden reveals was a tap on Merkel's phone), everyone paying attention knows this. Those that this is a revelation for, well, welcome to the party. Trump was clearly caught up in something with the Russians. If there was a direct tap on Trump that's interesting and directly contradicts very public statements from a number of very powerful people. It could be a big coordinated lie (not the first one) but I'm skeptical because there were other easier avenues/excuses for them to take if they were directly monitoring Trump. How the information was gained is important but it is not nearly as important as what it says. There seems to be another shoe to drop. If Trump wanted to he could declassify all of this right now. He hasn't done that. Instead he has engaged in a dramatic "about face" on foreign policy and has commenced dropping bombs or threatening to drop bombs on anyone that he thinks the media will find palatable. It's disgusting and transparent and unfortunately, effective.

On 4/17/2017 at 5:53 PM, jesse said:

Ahh, I got it now. Some parts of the article I am supposed to believe and extrapolate on but other parts I am supposed to ignore.

Here's where I stand - the US collects, stores and catalogs data on people whenever they can. They spy on foreign powers routinely (one of the big Snowden reveals was a tap on Merkel's phone), everyone paying attention knows this. Those that this is a revelation for, well, welcome to the party. Trump was clearly caught up in something with the Russians. If there was a direct tap on Trump that's interesting and directly contradicts very public statements from a number of very powerful people. It could be a big coordinated lie (not the first one) but I'm skeptical because there were other easier avenues/excuses for them to take if they were directly monitoring Trump. How the information was gained is important but it is not nearly as important as what it says. There seems to be another shoe to drop. If Trump wanted to he could declassify all of this right now. He hasn't done that. Instead he has engaged in a dramatic "about face" on foreign policy and has commenced dropping bombs or threatening to drop bombs on anyone that he thinks the media will find palatable. It's disgusting and transparent and unfortunately, effective.

How is Trump "clearly caught up in something with the Russians"? There is no proof of collusion with Russia, it is all speculation (guilty until proven innocent). Some are thinking the "Piss dossier" (which is fake news/made up) was created so the powers that be could have the go-ahead to wiretap Trump and have an excuse to know what his gameplan was during the election. And he still won.... I am willing to bet the "Piss dossier" IS THE LINK to the Russians - and it is FAKE and made up. This whole Russia narrative begun swirling because the left just can't accept he won fair and square. And the wiretapping speculation which those on the left point to as proof of collusion with Russia is all built on a disgusting lie. And you can't point to Manafort doing business with Ukraine as a gotcha moment. I will go back to Podesta sitting on many Russian business boards. 

Umm....OK. I could list all of his associates proven ties but you clearly don't want to hear that. I could point out that numerous US and foreign intelligence agencies have apparently picked up communications between Trump and Russians going back to at least the summer, but those are probably just lies perpetuated by the extreme left. I could point to his business dealings and public statements about the Russian pre-campaign, but I'm sure those are just completely irrelevant.

So, all I can do is agree with you. Trump is the best. Women are scum. The environment is the worst. Immigrants are scary (unless they're white and Christian). You win. Let's go find some place to bomb together. We could organize a google hangout or something and point to areas on maps and just...mmmm...well, you know.

9 minutes ago, jesse said:

Umm....OK. I could list all of his associates proven ties but you clearly don't want to hear that. I could point out that numerous US and foreign intelligence agencies have apparently picked up communications between Trump and Russians going back to at least the summer, but those are probably just lies perpetuated by the extreme left. I could point to his business dealings and public statements about the Russian pre-campaign, but I'm sure those are just completely irrelevant.

So, all I can do is agree with you. Trump is the best. Women are scum. The environment is the worst. Immigrants are scary (unless they're white and Christian). You win. Let's go find some place to bomb together. We could organize a google hangout or something and point to areas on maps and just...mmmm...well, you know.

The problem with your thinking here is that you imagine him as the puppet master, when in fact he may be the puppet.

His associates may have had contact, but there has been no concrete evidence that he has.

I'm not a fan of his, but I can see where both sides are coming from here.

Edited by The Ghost of Randy Savage

let's not forget there is nothing wrong or illegal about talking with people from russia. 

not to mention surveillance was performed on trump's campaign for over a year and we've been presented with zero evidence of illegal doings.

although i am starting to think it's possible trump is being blackmailed by the CIA/NSA.

13 minutes ago, The Ghost of Randy Savage said:

The problem with your thinking here is that you imagine him as the puppet master, when in fact he may be the puppet.

His associates may have had contact, but there has been no concrete evidence that he has.

I'm not a fan of his, but I can see where both sides are coming from here.

Actually, I think this is probably close to true. I don't see him as the master here at all. Doesn't mean he isn't culpable.

I also don't think Russia rigged voting booths or any shit. I do think that Russia is engaged in world wide dis-information and election disruption on behalf of super right wing candidates. And they were probably in contact with Trump's underlings about those efforts.

1 hour ago, jesse said:

More facetious mockery assumptions on how a person on the right believes - great for discourse. 

And I think it is terrible thing the military actions Trump is taking. He campaigned on not going to war. It is quite clear with the Syrian bombing:

A)Assad did not "gas" his own people - the response crews show this, they were not protected against the remnants of a Sarin gas attack

B)Why would Assad bomb his own population when he knew it would bring outside forces in

C) The forces to blame for the bombing did the same before to try to get Obama to act and he didn't because he found out the bombs came from Turkey (I believe)

D)There was no study of the attack - the generals just told Trump to bomb

There have been forces trying to remove all of the sovereign leaders throughout the middle east for the benefit of top people and Syria is one of the last states to fall and Trump should stop now so we don't impose regime change (again) and quite possibly go to war with Russia. 

28 minutes ago, thefavoriteplay said:

More facetious mockery assumptions on how a person on the right believes - great for discourse. 

Those were campaign platforms. Trump is not a Republican, he's something else.

Trump won because he tapped into a portion of the population that fed off the hate he was spewing: https://theintercept.com/2017/04/06/top-democrats-are-wrong-trump-supporters-were-more-motivated-by-racism-than-economic-issues/

Perhaps you voted for him for a different reason but you voted alongside the worst elements of society, enabling and legitimizing them. It's not a fun time to be an American.

6 minutes ago, thefavoriteplay said:

And I think it is terrible thing the military actions Trump is taking. He campaigned on not going to war. It is quite clear with the Syrian bombing:

A)Assad did not "gas" his own people - the response crews show this, they were not protected against the remnants of a Sarin gas attack

B)Why would Assad bomb his own population when he knew it would bring outside forces in

C) The forces to blame for the bombing did the same before to try to get Obama to act and he didn't because he found out the bombs came from Turkey (I believe)

D)There was no study of the attack - the generals just told Trump to bomb

There have been forces trying to remove all of the sovereign leaders throughout the middle east for the benefit of top people and Syria is one of the last states to fall and Trump should stop now so we don't impose regime change (again) and quite possibly go to war with Russia. 

Yes, this seems suspect for sure. That MIT Prof. who was right the first time this happened has said it is highly unlikely that the canisters were dropped from planes. We may have been suckered.