There Will Be Hell Toupée! (The Donald Trump Thread)

Honestly though, the candidates I do like are thinning.

And I never really liked any candidate.

I like to think I'm in the middle of both parties. I do side with one party more than the other on some issues. But I have not and will not vote for someone because they are Democrat or Republican. 

I like to think I'm in the middle of both parties. I do side with one party more than the other on some issues. But I have not and will not vote for someone because they are Democrat or Republican. 

me too.  I view myself more as a progressive than anything else, which I feel like most of my ideals lean left, but I outside of registering to vote in PA, I dont really declare one party or the other.

me too.  I view myself more as a progressive than anything else, which I feel like most of my ideals lean left, but I outside of registering to vote in PA, I dont really declare one party or the other.

The biggest issue I'm having this election is both sides frontrunners are basically far right or far left. I pretty much already know who I will vote for come November based on the current pool though. However; I leave that open for the debates between the two candidates.

I am not sure I understand what is so bad about Hillary.  I get she's not as far left as Bernie, but for anyone who supports equal rights/womens rights/choice rights, I cant see how/why you wouldn't support Hillary in November.  I get she's not a dreamboat, but she's not the end of the world democratic candidate... 

and if you're so against her, that you wont vote for her, you're basically supporting Trump/Cruz/Kasich by non-vote.

and lets not forget, IF a GOP wins the whitehouse that means the GOP will control ALL of government (house, senate, white house), which means you can pretty much kiss any progressive movement out the window

this is VERY important. i know nobody here is a fan of hillary's but we need to send a message by voting for her if she ends up being the dem nominee. we have to put a stop to the circus thats going on in house/senate. one sure way to make everything awful for 50%+ of the country is to elect a republican into the white house. our votes count even MORE if bernie is not our nominee. we have to come together as democrats, not bernie vs hillary supporters.

By my outside, relatively uninformed perspective, it seems to me the problem with Hilary is that she just says what needs to be said at the time to appease the people.  She has over the course of history flipped per position on many issues.

Now, to play devil's advocate... the president is supposed to represent the views of the (voting) majority of the public.  So is it wrong to change your views to be in line with the current majority?  Shady, maybe, but not wrong.  The problem that such flip-flopping does present the uncertainty that she will follow through with anything she's said so far if she gets into office.  But the reality is that is a gamble with any politician.

By my outside, relatively uninformed perspective, it seems to me the problem with Hilary is that she just says what needs to be said at the time to appease the people.  She has over the course of history flipped per position on many issues.

Now, to play devil's advocate... the president is supposed to represent the views of the (voting) majority of the public.  So is it wrong to change your views to be in line with the current majority?  Shady, maybe, but not wrong.  The problem that such flip-flopping does present the uncertainty that she will follow through with anything she's said so far if she gets into office.  But the reality is that is a gamble with any politician.

she absolutely does flip flop. she also has a habit of citing things with no historical truth or relevancy. (see her most recent tirade about claiming bernie was nowhere to be found when she was stumping for healthcare reform in 1993. he was standing behind her during her speech on that exact topic in that exact year. plus this. or her incredibly messy speech about the reagans and AIDS.)

she has also come a long way. peoples views DO change over the years. thats the case for everyone. there were some things shes stated in the 80s, 90s, 00s, that she no longer agrees with. we all have things we've said that we wouldn't agree with now. she's allowed to have character development and change with the times.

she absolutely does flip flop. she also has a habit of citing things with no historical truth or relevancy. (see her most recent tirade about claiming bernie was nowhere to be found when she was stumping for healthcare reform in 1993. he was standing behind her during her speech on that exact topic in that exact year. plus this. or her incredibly messy speech about the reagans and AIDS.)

she has also come a long way. peoples views DO change over the years. thats the case for everyone. there were some things shes stated in the 80s, 90s, 00s, that she no longer agrees with. we all have things we've said that we wouldn't agree with now. she's allowed to have character development and change with the times.

Yup.

Basically, in any other race she wouldn't be most people's first choice.  But when presented with the alternatives.....

I am sorry, but there is absolutely no way all politicians can remember everyone they've met with on various topics/issues/etc.  The fact she forgot she met with Bernie in 1993, over 23 years ago?  Not surprised at all.  I forget who I met with last week, let alone last year or 20 years ago.  You realize how many politicians she probably met with since 1993?  I mean, that meeting was 9 months into 8 YEARS of being the first lady.

I am sorry, but there is absolutely no way all politicians can remember everyone they've met with on various topics/issues/etc.  The fact she forgot she met with Bernie in 1993, over 23 years ago?  Not surprised at all.  I forget who I met with last week, let alone last year or 20 years ago.  You realize how many politicians she probably met with since 1993?  I mean, that meeting was 9 months into 8 YEARS of being the first lady.

Totally fair, but doesn't change that it was a fuckup to accuse someone of not supporting an issue with you when they were literally behind you at the rally.

yeah, she messed up with that, but its not like an apocalyptic campaign error.  I doubt a majority of Bernie supporters were aware he was a supporter of her efforts in 93, because it was such a short-lived attempt at reform.

No, not at all, but the media/public/other parties love these sorts of blatant mistakes and will harp on it for the rest of the race.

forgetting is one thing. but all she had to do was literally turn to her advisors and say "whats bernies history with health care reform?" and i can guarantee that they could find the answer in the same way that guy on twitter found the 20 year old recording of bernie standing behind her during her speech on the topic. the internet and research shouldn't be foreign her campaign because she doesn't remember it. not remembering something =/= it didn't happen.

Honestly I have no problem securing the borders from Illegal Immigration. However I think an easier way to solve that problem rather than a wall is to reform the process. As someone that came to this country legally and went about it the proper way, I can completely understand why people do it illegally. The process is long, arduous, and stupid expensive. It cost my family north of 15k to get out greencards, that doesn't count all the visa's we had to get and the cost to apply for citizenship. I'm lucky that we can afford that but I can absolutely understand paying a coyote 1k rather than the government 20k+. So rather than shouting about a wall that Mexico is going to pay for how about we change the system that is leaving people no option but to come across illegally. 

Honestly I have no problem securing the borders from Illegal Immigration. However I think an easier way to solve that problem rather than a wall is to reform the process. As someone that came to this country legally and went about it the proper way, I can completely understand why people do it illegally. The process is long, arduous, and stupid expensive. It cost my family north of 15k to get out greencards, that doesn't count all the visa's we had to get and the cost to apply for citizenship. I'm lucky that we can afford that but I can absolutely understand paying a coyote 1k rather than the government 20k+. So rather than shouting about a wall that Mexico is going to pay for how about we change the system that is leaving people no option but to come across illegally.

Because that would not change anything. Illegals will still be crossing the borders.