There Will Be Hell Toupée! (The Donald Trump Thread)

8 hours ago, AlexH. said:

Uhhh dude, by a lot of these metrics, a healthy percentage of the country would be more qualified to vote than Donald "Income Tax Dodger/Contractor Stiffer/Bone Spur Haver/Under $10K in the Last 10 Years Giver" Trump, so aside from the fact that the history of voting restrictions in the US is racist, sexist and anti-poor, this maaaay not be a productive tangent for you.

8 hours ago, WAXXX said:

that's what people told trump and he won the presidency.

7 hours ago, AlexH. said:

Fair enough. How about the content of my post?

refine your criticism of donald trump, it's inaccurate and  sounds regurgitated.

1. you can't legally dodge federal income tax. all you can do is use existing laws (available to every business owner) to avoid paying a certain amount of federal income tax if you have business losses that offset your earnings. trump still pays payroll taxes and FICA taxes on his 22,450 employees.

2. contractor stiffer? if you hire a 3rd party and they don't hold up their end of the bargain and do a shitty job, then it's not called stiffing. it's called protecting your business interests from shoddy 3rd party work. one of the reasons explicit contracts are put into place.

3. bone spur haver? LOL

4. under $10k in the last year giver? first, this number is bullshit, and secondly, even if it was $10,000 is a lot of money.

i was spitballing on the some of the qualifications i mentioned, but my main point is that i'm ok with a qualification process for voting.

11 hours ago, WAXXX said:

refine your criticism of donald trump, it's inaccurate and  sounds regurgitated.

1. you can't legally dodge federal income tax. all you can do is use existing laws (available to every business owner) to avoid paying a certain amount of federal income tax if you have business losses that offset your earnings. trump still pays payroll taxes and FICA taxes on his 22,450 employees.

2. contractor stiffer? if you hire a 3rd party and they don't hold up their end of the bargain and do a shitty job, then it's not called stiffing. it's called protecting your business interests from shoddy 3rd party work. one of the reasons explicit contracts are put into place.

3. bone spur haver? LOL

4. under $10k in the last year giver? first, this number is bullshit, and secondly, even if it was $10,000 is a lot of money.

i was spitballing on the some of the qualifications i mentioned, but my main point is that i'm ok with a qualification process for voting.

1. I don't disagree with what you're saying. I don't pay more taxes than I have to, either. My concern is that without the release of his tax returns, there is a reasonable doubt that he hasn't done shady things to avoid paying taxes. He's already admitted to engaging in self-dealing with the Trump Foundation, as well as other fund misappropriation, who's to say there isn't more?

2. Given the hundreds of cases of Trump failing to pay workers, it seems there are two possibilities: Trump is either a bully who knows he can get away with shorting workers & contractors who are relatively powerless, or he has extremely poor judgment in hiring workers. Many of these cases seem clear cut - it's hard to imagine how this guy could have done a bad job carrying out his end of a simple piano purchase.

3. For shame, sir. Do you mean to impugn the super legitimate medical condition that prevented our president-elect from serving his country?

4. From 2008 to last summer (when he was essentially shamed into actually following through on his promise to donate a million dollars to "the troops"), under $10,000 is the best estimate given the information that's publicly available, and it absolutely fucking isn't a lot of money when we're talking about a billionaire. If, in fact, he does have a billion dollars (something else we don't actually know), he could give away $10,000 a day for 200 years and still be obscenely wealthy. The man is famously and demonstrably not charitable. This is probably the easiest hill to avoid dying on with Trump. Just deflect using the fact that he employs X amount of people, and how that's somehow a generous gesture, and move on.

The qualifiers for voting should be citizenship and adulthood. Anything beyond that is an affront to democracy.

12 hours ago, AlexH. said:

1. I don't disagree with what you're saying. I don't pay more taxes than I have to, either. My concern is that without the release of his tax returns, there is a reasonable doubt that he hasn't done shady things to avoid paying taxes. He's already admitted to engaging in self-dealing with the Trump Foundation, as well as other fund misappropriation, who's to say there isn't more?

2. Given the hundreds of cases of Trump failing to pay workers, it seems there are two possibilities: Trump is either a bully who knows he can get away with shorting workers & contractors who are relatively powerless, or he has extremely poor judgment in hiring workers. Many of these cases seem clear cut - it's hard to imagine how this guy could have done a bad job carrying out his end of a simple piano purchase.

3. For shame, sir. Do you mean to impugn the super legitimate medical condition that prevented our president-elect from serving his country?

4. From 2008 to last summer (when he was essentially shamed into actually following through on his promise to donate a million dollars to "the troops"), under $10,000 is the best estimate given the information that's publicly available, and it absolutely fucking isn't a lot of money when we're talking about a billionaire. If, in fact, he does have a billion dollars (something else we don't actually know), he could give away $10,000 a day for 200 years and still be obscenely wealthy. The man is famously and demonstrably not charitable. This is probably the easiest hill to avoid dying on with Trump. Just deflect using the fact that he employs X amount of people, and how that's somehow a generous gesture, and move on.

The qualifiers for voting should be citizenship and adulthood. Anything beyond that is an affront to democracy.

1. you can't avoid FICA or payroll taxes whether you release your tax returns or not.

2. there's no such thing as a failed billionaire

3. LOL

4. no one else's money is your money. unless you steal it. are you a thief?

6 minutes ago, WAXXX said:

both your qualifications and your faith in democracy is laughable.

we only need government to ensure the life, liberty, and pursuit of happiness of its citizens. 

Edited by WAXXX

12 hours ago, WAXXX said:

1. you can't avoid FICA or payroll taxes whether you release your tax returns or not.

2. there's no such thing as a failed billionaire

3. LOL

4. no one else's money is your money. unless you steal it. are you a thief?

I don't know what to say to this shit.

• Dude was born on third. Given his starting position in life, he'd be an abject failure if he was anything less than a multi-billionaire, which, again, due to his refusal to release his tax returns, we don't even know to be the case. It is documented and demonstrable that he uses his largesse to take advantage of small businesses. Not a question of "failure" - a question of integrity.
  • The fact that he constantly boasts of his successes and great material wealth and yet devotes virtually none of it to making the world better or helping those less fortunate, to me, is a sign of an immense moral deficiency. I'm not even talking about taxation, I'm talking about philanthropy. There is nothing in his words or deeds that give me the impression that he cares about anyone lower than him.

18 minutes ago, AlexH. said:

I don't know what to say to this shit.

• Dude was born on third. Given his starting position in life, he'd be an abject failure if he was anything less than a multi-billionaire, which, again, due to his refusal to release his tax returns, we don't even know to be the case. It is documented and demonstrable that he uses his largesse to take advantage of small businesses. Not a question of "failure" - a question of integrity.
  • The fact that he constantly boasts of his successes and great material wealth and yet devotes virtually none of it to making the world better or helping those less fortunate, to me, is a sign of an immense moral deficiency. I'm not even talking about taxation, I'm talking about philanthropy. There is nothing in his words or deeds that give me the impression that he cares about anyone lower than him.

that's just where we disagree. there's no better service you can provide to your country than devoting your time and energy to making it great again.

15 minutes ago, WAXXX said:

every time a pussy is grabbed (even when you're rich and they let you do it), @Bladewillisisdead hopes for someone to be burned alive. LOL.

The "Grab em by the pussy" shit isn't funny or cute so seriously fucking stop it.

Also yes, if you sexually assault someone I 100% honestly and truly believe you should be set on fire.

10 minutes ago, Bladewillisisdead said:

Ain't nothing happening in my city. Riots aren't a pit, so I ain't trying to be the one to open one. A riot of one is how you go to jail real quick.

Yeah. Because arson and vandalism are illegal (as they should be).